💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What ever happened to Marry The Night?

Pop Art

Featured Posts

HOTRODSGAGA

on the radio , it sounds like gaga is creaming in the choruses and the outro.

People just got tired of gaga

Which is weird because they didnt got tired of katy :sick:

Because katy's music is less "heavy" on the radio.

The public didn't like the song. I can totally see why they didnt.

The frist time i listened to MTN my reaction was "ew what was she even thinking" i didnt even care about the amazing lyrics back then. Now i love it, but i'm a stan.

i remember when i first heard the bridge . i was like " i hope the entire album is not like that. because this bridge sucks."

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad Marry The Night didn't do so well, or as well as people expected. It reminded the public, and especially the fans, that she's human and can't win everything.

This, now Gaga can choose the good singles :sick:

It all comes down to the lyrics. Who would've thought 'Yoü and I' would be a top 6 hit, but the difference is, it's a love song. MTN's 1st and 2nd verse are pretty self-deprecating compared to what's popular atm with lyrics like "Soldier to my own emptiness"...."I am a loser"...people don't wanna sing along to that. Just look at the top ten this past year...the general public obviously want songs whose theme is general uplifting. - Me

asqjm.jpg

Gagaloo911

The public just didn't like the song.

This is probably the reason, it isn't very difficult to see why. While I love the song to death, the production is noisy, especially during the chorus with those hard-hitting synths. It shares this distinction with Judas, the other song from the album that didn't perform well.

I think this is the reason.

MTN is quite possibly my fave song off BTW, but you can't deny that it's noisy.

HOWEVER, it's catchy and dance-able as f*ck, so idk how the public didn't eat it up.

We'll never know really. We con only speculate

I think the second half of the chorus is too monotonous. That was the second turn-off for me when I first listened to the song.

The first turn-off was the blasting vocals when she sings "marry" in the chorus. It sounded really LQ. IMO I think too many vocals were layered at the same time.

I feel the backing vocals should've been made a little louder (final chorus of MTN at the EMAs when the background were supposed to harmonize her vocals at "Muh-muh, muh-marry"). Her acapella tracks stand out compared to the vocals on her normal album tracks because the synths do not drown out the harmonies. By right the harmonies should be as loud as the main/lead vocals.

I prefer the live version better because it has more life to it. I believe the drums riffs and irregular rolls contribute to this aspect (most prominent at the Grammy Nominations).

The third turn-off was the encore of the song, which was supposed to be Gaga's final rallying cry into the night. After the song hit the 3:30 mark, the rest of the song sounded like a typical song remix, produced by an amateur DJ which didn't seem to connect with the rest of the song. The background vocals for this segment should've been made louder.

So yeah, that's my very honest judgement on MTN. I hope you respect my opinion.

the only reason why MTN flopped is because radios have not supported her.

Don't forget also that the video did'nt appeared a lot on TV.

Sorry for my bad english

I don't think it had anything to do with the "public opinion" on the song. Radio just didn't give it enough of a chance

I think it had to do with the fact that not everyone was here for it, but it also had to do with radio and promotion, because I've actually read Born This Way Ball reviews that stated Gaga ended the show with a new song, so people really do not know Marry The Night! Sadly, she was overshadowed.

retrosexual123

It is very simple: Gaga (or the huge company behind her) didnt work that PAYOLA well enough. Reasons: She had written ARTPOP and didn´t want overexposure.

Hits are made hits by big record companies. Gaga wanted Born This Way (album) to be about the album, not about single sales. That is why BTW (song) was a hit and TEOG was a modearte hit

They wanted to put more emphasys on the album rather than on hit singles like every other basic bithc (KP, Rihanna...)

HOTRODSGAGA

It is very simple: Gaga (or the huge company behind her) didnt work that PAYOLA well enough. Reasons: She had written ARTPOP and didn´t want overexposure.

Hits are made hits by the illuminati . the illuminati wanted Born This Way (album) to be about the album, not about single sales. That is why BTW (song) was a hit and TEOG was a modearte hit

They wanted to put more emphasys on the album rather than on hit singles like every other basic bithc (KP, Rihanna...)

fixed :hor:

She should have released it as the second single. I'm sure it would have reached top 10. Also the video for MTN was quite messy.

It was supposed to be the first single... If it was, it would've smashed.

Archived