💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

truthandfacts

Wow by now Bey's 1st single should have dropped. Imagine if she drops her album before releasing her 1st single, not gonna lie it would be epic. I think she is assured 350k+ even without a lead single.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
APPLAUSE4YOU

Suit & Tie rose one spot to #5. Mirrors is at #33.

This is disappointing considering how hyped JT was and how good the episode was. I thought for sure these two songs would be dominating iTunes. But they're not. The album seems to be selling pre-orders really well though. 

Last night it was so clear that S&T is a terrible, terrible song and Mirrors is brilliant. If Mirrors was the lead single it would have gone #1.

I dread them both.

APPLAUSE4YOU

But Mirrors is far more commercial and "current" sounding, enough to do well. But looking at how well S&T is doing on radio, that doesn't seem to matter.

Meanwhile, I'm impressed with how well the new Fall Out Boy song is holding in there on iTunes. Nearly Top 20. And Heart Attack is staying Top 10, that's good too.

Agreed. Mirrors has better appeal than S&T to me as well. I just don't care for the recycled feel to both of them. Mirrors sounds so much to me like his last work that I think that's why I don't care for it.

And I'm so happy Demi is doing good!

I Love It by Icona Pop feat. Charli XCX is rising on itunes. Does this indicate that they're on the way to their first US hit? Is I Lover It bound to smash hard in the US?

Arturo

It was a boring, generic piano ballad. Nothing great about lyrics, vocals, or production.

Would have gone nowhere if it wasn't given a high-profile performance by a big star. Plus wanting Chris Brown to stay is disgusting.

Awkward moment when I wasn't talking about Stay.

Mariano

omg da last gif :lmao:

On topic:  ARTPOP will slay

just realized that this is not even on topic   so..  I like TS but I don't think it deserves more than 5x platinum

chris777

omg da last gif :lmao:

On topic:  ARTPOP will slay

It will but...

in the 2014  :emma:

So does Gaga :emo:

Meh. Beyonce needs the relevancy more. Gaga can wait till the end of the year or even 2014. 

Vanilla

Yes but we are talking about Speechless... I think It would defenately do well :} the last generic song that was a top 10 hit was Die Young and it did good but for a lead single of Kesha that was gone for 2 years after succesful era It is nothing...  so yeah generic songs are defenately not interestng now. And I think after all these Ballads that are released now, Late April will be perfect for Gaga's lead single because It will be EDM/POP and now It seems that there aren't much Dance/POP songs and etc..  And Ofcourse Gaga is always innovative so even If there are some dance songs now , the lead single will be different :}

I disagree :yes:

To me, Born This Way (the song) didn't sound different to me at all, but rather like something from the 80s. It depends on whether or not people are over the ballads I guess

I won't die, but I can't live without you

Mariano

I disagree :yes:

To me, Born This Way (the song) didn't sound different to me at all, but rather like something from the 80s. It depends on whether or not people are over the ballads I guess

I do think that gaga is always innovative, but in BTW's case It was atleast different from everything that was played on the radio then and that was my point :)

Archived