💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Klou

Halcyon has nearly sold as much as Warrior with only a lead single that was cut early Warriors sales are just awful considering the amount of airplay she's received the entire era.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ozzy8923

Lana sold 600k without any hit. Poor kesha :ray:

If I hear this one more God damn time, I'm going to blow my brains out. :emma:

WarriorPrince

Zedd performing Clarity with Jessica who did the song on Glee

He looks hot  :whip:

nick4bty

I dont get it. Do you really think 260K is good?   How?

Do you not realize that like 5% of people in the music industry are able to sell 1+ million of a single album? It's such a small number compared to the artists who sell even less than Kesha. 260,000 is actually really good for the music industry, and although it didn't sell as much as Animal or Cannibal, it undoubtedly was profitable for RCA and Kesha, and on top of that, she managed to get a single hit #2 on the Hot 100 and another one go Top 40. In this little universe, that's a flop. To the rest of the music business, it isn't.

We're just so used to comparing Gaga to Rihanna to Katy to etc. that we look at a number like 260,000 and immediately go "flop," when in fact, it really isn't a flop by any means at all.

That's the most frustrating thing about this board. Everyone thinks they know so much about the music industry when really, most of the people here don't know ****. It's one thing to discuss the chart, but it's another thing to laugh at someone for defending an album that sold 250,000. Certifications don't mean **** either, so don't go throwing that around. So many Grammy awarding winning artists are continuing to release albums, put out music, tour, and have a career by selling less than 260,000.

I can't help but laugh at everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about. I think everyone needs to take a seat and shut the **** up. Go follow someone that isn't a pop star - you'll find out that selling less than 100,000 is still considered good. 

Tommymonster44

Do you not realize that like 5% of people in the music industry are able to sell 1+ million of a single album? It's such a small number compared to the artists who sell even less than Kesha. 260,000 is actually really good for the music industry, and although it didn't sell as much as Animal or Cannibal, it undoubtedly was profitable for RCA and Kesha, and on top of that, she managed to get a single hit #2 on the Hot 100 and another one go Top 40. In this little universe, that's a flop. To the rest of the music business, it isn't.

We're just so used to comparing Gaga to Rihanna to Katy to etc. that we look at a number like 260,000 and immediately go "flop," when in fact, it really isn't a flop by any means at all.

That's the most frustrating thing about this board. Everyone thinks they know so much about the music industry when really, most of the people here don't know ****. It's one thing to discuss the chart, but it's another thing to laugh at someone for defending an album that sold 250,000. Certifications don't mean **** either, so don't go throwing that around. So many Grammy awarding winning artists are continuing to release albums, put out music, tour, and have a career by selling less than 260,000.

Thank you for actually offering a realistic perspective. I definitely agree with the bolded.  Most people here don't have a clue as to what's actually considered successful within the music industry.  

Klou

It's all relative.

Ozzy8923

I think if the label profited, then it's not a flop. But labels never say whether they profited from an album or not, unfortunately. :rip:

Rino

that girl is really talented  :)

and Zedd is a cutie of course :hor: 

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

EarnYourLeather

He always seems awkward. I don't know how to explain it lol

I'm so happy that Glee helped this song skyrocket on iTunes. The song is flawless, and my delusional ass wants it to become a top ten hit.

I can't help but laugh at everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about. I think everyone needs to take a seat and shut the **** up. Go follow someone that isn't a pop star - you'll find out that selling less than 100,000 is still considered good. 

Ohhhh the irony in this post.  :dies:  :toofloppy:

PatrickMonster

It sounds like you know everything :awkney: Please teach us

Archived