💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

they are picking them right, c'mon and die young are the best songs on the album

with BTW they've chosen wrong , why oh why You And I and Marry The Night?

No. Die Young is good C'Mon is good but is too similar to Die Young. And Crazy Kids don't have any promo yet and was just sent to the radio. The era is a bit messy right now. Her label needs to release amazing songs like "Love Into The Light", Supernatural, Out Alive, Last Goodbye, Gold Trans Am and thinking of you. There is sooo much single material bu they choose Crazy Kids :fail:

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andertxu

Out Alive is a good damn song! 

Anyway, Crazy Kids is an awful single choice! 

Tommymonster44

Warrior obviously has not been a great era for kesha. But to suggest her time of superstardom is over is over dramatic and quite ridiculous.

Rihanna flopped miserably with rated r and came back to release Loud, Talk that Talk, and Unapolegetic. These three albums, if your talking about overall success, is perhaps the longest string of hits we've seen in a while.

Just as people have already forgetten about the hit material kesha made on Animal, they'll soon forget about the material she's making now. Pop music consumers are extremely forgetful, which can be both great and terrible depending on the situation. Either way, to argue that Kesha's career is over because of one single tanking is ridiculous.

Andertxu

Rihanna flopped miserably with rated r 

Come here rude boy, boy

Can you get it up

Come here rude boy, boy

Is you big enough

Take it, take it

Baby, baby

Take it, take it

Love me, love me

Familiar? :ray:

chris777

Warrior obviously has not been a great era for kesha. But to suggest her time of superstardom is over is over dramatic and quite ridiculous.

Rihanna flopped miserably with rated r and came back to release Loud, Talk that Talk, and Unapolegetic. These three albums, if your talking about overall success, is perhaps the longest string of hits we've seen in a while.

Just as people have already forgetten about the hit material kesha made on Animal, they'll soon forget about the material she's making now. Pop music consumers are extremely forgetful, which can be both great and terrible depending on the situation. Either way, to argue that Kesha's career is over because of one single tanking is ridiculous.

Agreed.

But Rated R did better in charts than Warrior

Tommymonster44

Come here rude boy, boy

Can you get it up

Come here rude boy, boy

Is you big enough

Take it, take it

Baby, baby

Take it, take it

Love me, love me

Familiar? :ray:

Rated r has Rude Boy, Warrior has Die Young.

The albums are actually very similar in the fact they both have amazing songs just begging to smash, but the labels choices cause everything to tank. Photographs and Firebomb should have been singles. Kesha could have released something like love into the light or last goodbye.

BROSEIDON

Die Young could have been bigger. It was just ended prematurely. This era has been in a tailspin since the whole Die Young controversy. I don't think her label has got their **** together since. That ( and the fact that they will only let her release the party songs) is why she's doing horribly IMO

Ray of Light

I doubt the Die Young controversy was the cause of Ke$ha's demise. People just genuinely lost interest in her music and her 'image'. 

Babel

But.. Rihanna was in a complete different situation when Rated R "flopped".

Rihanna was an established megastar worldwide after three successful albums and 6 #1s, and countless top 10s under her belt. Umbrella's cultural impact was undeniable and she won video of the year on the VMAs 2007. That's just a summary of the outstanding success GGGB had.

Then her 'flop' album got one #1 single and two top 10s, and people still talked about her at the time after the Chris Brown mess.  She still was in the spotlight no matter how hard she "flopped".

She was far from where Ke$ha is right now, which can barely sell something because no one cares about her anymore. Radio is not playing her songs, people are not buying her songs or albums, neither seeing her music videos. I didn't even hear people taking about her outside the forums.

She needs a complete reinvention because people clearly got tired of the drunky autotuned girl she impersonates.

ThisGuyTony

I doubt the Die Young controversy was the cause of Ke$ha's demise. People just genuinely lost interest in her music and her 'image'. 

kesha_22290_zpsd261e41b.gif

But "Die Young" was still rising on the radio. After the controversy it lost a significant amount. :ray:

Her image does need to change though. And there are some songs on Warrior that can show a different side of her but it seems her label and Dr. Luke have complete control of her career.

Ray of Light

kesha_22290_zpsd261e41b.gif

But "Die Young" was still rising on the radio. After the controversy it lost a significant amount. :ray:

Her image does need to change though. And there are some songs on Warrior that can show a different side of her but it seems her label and Dr. Luke have complete control of her career.

C'Mon was pretty high on radio too, but guess what, no1curred :ray:

Americano

Lets take it to her artist thread in the entertainment section. She has no songs charting right now, so she has no place to be dominating the US Charts thread... :awkney:

nick4bty

I don't think people are sick of her image. People don't care about her image when they listen to her on the radio. That goes for all artists. You could think Gaga's gay rights and equality shtick is complete bull****, but still listen to and enjoy her songs when they come on the radio.

They just aren't choosing the right song. Die Young was a hit, the GP responded well to it. C'mon was made to be its replacement after the controversy, but people caught on to that, and they still preferred Die Young.

Regardless, nothing has been done with Crazy Kids, so to say it's flopping or that Kesha's career is over is completely overdramatic. Once the video comes out and Kesha goes on tour and promotes, then we can see where it goes and make judgments. All they've done with it so far is released it to radio. 

Archived