💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Ozzy8923

Yes, seeing that further convinces me that this rule change is definitely fitting for the current state of music buying/listening in the US and WW. 

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CANNOGABANG

New J.Lo is bop, despite the generic state of it. It fits very well for the summer.

nick4bty

New J.Lo is bop, despite the generic state of it. It fits very well for the summer.

There's nothing memorable about it. Probably the most generic song to be released yet this year. And do we really need another song that has Pitbull calling himself Mr. Worldwide and talking about how no one believed in him? That got old in 2011.

CANNOGABANG

There's nothing memorable about it. Probably the most generic song to be released yet this year. And do we really need another song that has Pitbull calling himself Mr. Worldwide and talking about how no one believed in him? That got old in 2011.

I agree. It seems like Pitbull's and Flo Rida's verse will never change. It's literally the exact same sound, progression and tempo. It's undeniable that the song is fun and infectious with its beats and hooks though, which is what matters in the end for me and a lot of consumers.

2013 seems really to be the year when no one can't hold Macklemore and Ryan Lewis off from the top spot of the HOT 100 chart. Just as I thought they'd be simply remembered as one-hit wonders, they strongly prove me wrong. I think it's about time for them to move on from the incredible run of the Heist, well at least from the success of its singles, and start making sure that their next album would further cement their place in the hip-hop scene in the same league of the likes of Eminem, Diddy and Kanye West... and not just like LMFAO.

Anyway, I'm betting on Rihanna returning back to the summit of the HOT 100 chart soon with Right Now. I'd say by June. And hopefully, this would be the last single from Unapologetic until the charts would once again welcome a brand new lead single by the last quarter of the year. One way or another, it's safe to say that Rihanna would get her lucky 13th #1 this year, tying with Michael Jackson in the process. 

nick4bty

2013 seems really to be the year when no one can't hold Macklemore and Ryan Lewis off from the top spot of the HOT 100 chart. Just as I thought they'd be simply remembered as one-hit wonders, they strongly prove me wrong. I think it's about time for them to move on from the incredible run of the Heist, well at least from the success of its singles, and start making sure that their next album would further cement their place in the hip-hop scene in the same league of the likes of Eminem, Diddy and Kanye West... and not just like LMFAO.

Anyway, I'm betting on Rihanna returning back to the summit of the HOT 100 chart soon with Right Now. I'd say by June. And hopefully, this would be the last single from Unapologetic until the charts would once again welcome a brand new lead single by the last quarter of the year. One way or another, it's safe to say that Rihanna would get her lucky 13th #1 this year, tying with Michael Jackson in the process. 

I think they should focus on finding a label first, lol. But, I mean, technically Harlem Shake held them off for what, 5 weeks? And P!nk just blocked them for three. With both singles, they were sitting at a comfortable two. Hits, no doubt, but Thrift Shop was still at the summit when CHU began to rise, so I wouldn't call it a surprise. 

And no way is Rihanna hitting #1 with Right Now. Not a chance.

Phlop

I'm surprised Rihanna waited soo long to release Right Now. And it's a shame PIU was ignored, it was a hit waiting to happen... Shoulda gotten that video.

I just don't get how Right Now is a single yet it's not even part of her set list...

BYE

Klou

Nick has become friends with Zedd on Twitter :worship:  He just introduced Zedd to KWORB :dies:

Nick has become friends with Zedd on Twitter :worship:  He just introduced Zedd to KWORB :dies:

No way :omg:

Arturo

Inb4 he joins GGD

"Zedd, make the walls of my anus rupture" :rip:

NOT a good idea.

disneyhigh

I'm surprised Rihanna waited soo long to release Right Now. And it's a shame PIU was ignored, it was a hit waiting to happen... Shoulda gotten that video.

I just don't get how Right Now is a single yet it's not even part of her set list...

OMG everyone loves that song in the U.S. It's like her best urban single. 

also I remember Telephone being a single and not on the setlist for the Monster Ball for a while, but that also could be because it had a huge feature from another major artist. 

disneyhigh

A mess indeed. That sucks because that's the only streaming service I use on a mobile device. I'll upgrade to Spotify for the ARTPOP era

Spotify snatches Pandoras wig any day  :legend: . I haven't looked back to itunes or pandora since 

Arturo

Spotify snatches Pandoras wig any day  :legend: . I haven't looked back to itunes or pandora since 

Well I've never checked out Spotify in depth, but I would never replace iTunes. I will always buy Gaga's singles AND stream them. 

Archived