Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

ryhanna

Oh dear, that David Guetta/Ne-Yo song has been playing in my country for a while now. The lyrics are so cringeworthy, and the instrumental is boring... :wtf: Hoping this one flops. David Guetta tends to make some good songs, but I can't stand this one. 

Does Mirrors have any chance of hitting #1? It's been pretty steady on iTunes.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I highly doubt Mirrors could hit #1 in the HOT 100 at this point, given the competitive type of the top five we have right now. Not to mention, Can't Hold Us seems to be a serious contender for that top spot, which would further extend Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' chart domination of this year, well at least the first half of it.

I'd be giving the other half of 2013 to the hotly anticipated huge returns of Eminem, Katy Perry, and of course, Gaga, if ARTPOP does get released this year, and the continuation of Justin Timberlake's 20/20 Experience. And that would be the only time of the year where Justin could seriously get his fifth HOT 100 #1. 

And speaking of the other half of 2013, I could only wish for Ke$ha / RCA to consider an EP release for the last quarter. I'm missing her in the top 10 of the HOT 100 chart already. And an EP release or any other new release seems to be her only chance to get that. Warrior has clearly landed in the same room where fellow RCA release, Lotus unfortunately stays. It's time for some restitution. 

Dangerous Man

still hoping for Mirrors to top the chart.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

WarriorPrince

Just noticed that Can't Hold Us is one of the only rap songs that a white guy raps and a black guy sings.  :rip:

Dangerous Man

^ actually, the TS's hook is kinda rap, so the black guy isn't really singing. :teehee:

Since 2010, Alicia Keys has failed to send a single to the top 10 of the HOT 100 chart. And I could not see that would change anytime soon. It seems she has already reached her peak at this rate, unless she'd surprise everyone again with a track like Empire State of Mind, the single that successfully blocked Bad Romance from that coveted #1. 

WarriorPrince

Since 2010, Alicia Keys has failed to send a single to the top 10 of the HOT 100 chart. And I could not see that would change anytime soon. It seems she has already reached her peak at this rate, unless she'd surprise everyone again with a track like Empire State of Mind, the single that successfully blocked Bad Romance from that coveted #1. 

Wasnt Tik Tok the one who did that?

Mariano

^ both did it ... I mean one song wasn't strong enough to stop Bad Romance :)))
I think It was  BR - strong sales, beginning on radio  <  Empire was high on radio and fine at sales
Then BR was high on radio and fine at sales < Tik Tok

ryhanna

VIDEO PREMIERE: Alicia Keys & Maxwell - Fire We Make

This will flop hard.  :eww:

'Girl on Fire,' 'Fire We Make,' when did this chick become a pyromaniac? 

Wasnt Tik Tok the one who did that?

I think it was Empire State of Mind which did it first since it's around the last quarter of 2009 (around November / December) when Bad Romance peaked at #2, the same time that the Jay Z / Alicia Keys collaboration was dominating the HOT 100 for 5 consecutive weeks. And then by the start of 2010, Ke$ha's Tik Tok took over like a storm with a nine-week reign atop the HOT 100, making the chances of Bad Romance hitting #1 much less.  :shrug:

Dangerous Man

Can't wait to see Gentleman's chart position.

If this goes #1 without radio support and poor digital sales... idk :lmao:

Mariano

I am actually not so sure now If PSY will hit number 1.. last week on Monday I was pretty sure It will but know Idk

Archived