Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

US Charts Discussion (Gaga single tracking: August)

Americano

Featured Posts

Babel

I still think National Anthem and Summertime Sadness are her best songs.

Seems like she's milking her formula too much. All of her songs sounds basically the same.

• Replies 19.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommymonster44

I still think National Anthem and Summertime Sadness are her best songs.

Seems like she's milking her formula too much. All of her songs sounds basically the same.

She's good at the type of music she creates and I feel like she's only refining her music with each new release.  There's nothing wrong with latching on and developing your own style.  Not every artist has to constantly evolve.  

Yeah, but Gaga sold much more albums/singles WW than Bruno, Katy... didn't she

and if we're talking about flops - Tay's 22 is flopping too

Babel

She's good at the type of music she creates and I feel like she's only refining her music with each new release.  There's nothing wrong with latching on and developing your own style.  Not every artist has to constantly evolve.  

The Fame and The Fame Monster disagree.

She's not being progressive, she's being repetitive. But that's just me.

Tommymonster44

The Fame and The Fame Monster disagree.

She's not being progressive, she's being repetitive. But that's just me.

TF and TFM is a great example of how an artist is progressive and redevelops their old sounds and themes into something new and spectacular.  There are a lot of great artists that constantly evolve and I feel it's actually become a trend. People think that music isn't good unless it's changing, which isn't the case.

A great example of an artist that creates masterpieces without evolving is Mumford and Sons. Sigh No More and Babel use the exact same formula and were marketed the same way.  Even without redeveloping their style, both albums were critically acclaimed and embraced by the masses.  

Babel

TF and TFM is a great example of how an artist is progressive and redevelops their old sounds and themes into something new and spectacular.  There are a lot of great artists that constantly evolve and I feel it's actually become a trend. People think that music isn't good unless it's changing, which isn't the case.

A great example of an artist that creates masterpieces without evolving is Mumford and Sons. Sigh No More and Babel use the exact same formula and were marketed the same way.  Even without redeveloping their style, both albums were critically acclaimed and embraced by the masses.  

That's actually my whole point better explained and that's what I'm not seeing in Lana. ;)

I'm okay with sticking to your artistry and style of music, but there's something wrong when you can't even notice the differences in some of your songs.

Anyway we're going OT. I actually like Y&B and I hope it does good on the charts. :)

hausofmike

Is anyone else surprised that Icona Pop only has 28k followers? :rofl:

not really they only have one smash to their career

Fizzy

Radio update website please tell me??

Thank u :kisses:

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Tommymonster44

That seems awfully low though....

Yea, really. Even Porcelain Black has almost twice that amount.  Probably because their one hit song isn't really associated with them yet.  People only recognize it as that song played on the radio and on that car commercial.  

Ray of Light

People only know the chorus of I Love It. They could care less about the rest, or about who's singing it.

CrownClown

I hope Can't Hold Us hits #1 soon, it's 10 times better than Thrift Shop!

Archived