💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
sales

Is Joanne Gaga's most timeless album?

gagarox

Featured Posts

KatieJudasGaga4
45 minutes ago, Taide said:

I'm like the biggest Joanne hater here (ask @KatieJudasGaga4), but tbh yes.

Joanne has that timeless sound thanks to the stripped down instrumentals & elements of different genres.

I thought you would've seen the light by now :bradley:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
imitalian
16 minutes ago, IcePrincess said:

Sing and show us 'Diamond Heart' or 'Perfect Illusion (with key change)' and say it once more

I love the first half of the album but the second half it's just not IT.  And to me an album has to be consistent in quality for all the song. 

holy scheisse

Timeless? I had to look up the true definition, "not affected by passage of time or changes in fashion".....  I guess then yes, because it was bland when it came out and it's still bland today after 4 years. Time hasn't made it any better or any worse. And it wasn't in fashion when it came out so it can't go out of style since it never was in style lol.

Sorry if you enjoy the album. I don't and that's okay. Can't wait for chromatica :enigma:

JustJames

Why is it so important to this fanbase that Gaga's music remain "timeless" to such an obsessive degree? Gaga is an amazing legend because of the boundaries she pushed and risks she made as a popstar DURING THE TIME she released each of her songs and albums. Who the heck cares if The Fame 'aged like milk'? Why, yes, things that are a decade old do tend to, well, age. The trends she ushered in, the peaks she reached, the art she served, the concepts she pursued... none of that should be measured by how well they fit into TODAY'S sounds. 

Because people in 2030 won't be able to say that 'Sinner's Prayer' was from 2016 somehow makes it more... anything... than 'Pokerface' with its very late 2000s production? 

I don't come here to hate on any of Gaga's music or to argue/put down the opinions of other fans. This is merely my opinion: Joanne was a very calculated release that came at the end of a well-crafted, planned retreat that focused on highlighting Gaga as a vocalist and pure musician rather than a stunt-driven fad. ARTPOP had made it clear that she had no upward trajectory in that route, and the reinvention was clearly successful since we are today hyping a major hit in Stupid Love. But, Joanne was NOT organic, it was NOT personal. It was just as manufactured as every other era and album she has released. 

A commercial album release was needed to conclude her reinvention, and allow her to pivot. It ultimately led to ASIB and its massive impact on her and her career. ASIB would not have been viable with ARTPOP having been the GP's last memory of her. Was Joanne's sound stripped back? Yes. It was meant to showcase her instrumental and vocal talents. Was it personal? No. Stefani was born and raised in NYC, has roots in jazz and theater. She defined the era by taking on a character named after her late aunt Joanne, reinterpreted as a cowboy-hat wearing, guitar-rocking bluesy southern badass. Perfect Illusion was promoted by relating it to social media; despite her 2nd single failing to hit the Top 10 of the Hot 100, they didn't even attempt to revive the era with a 3rd single after it had some life breathed into it via the Superbowl which propelled Million Reasons to #4.

The LP had done its job and they moved on. 

We have The Fame, which documented her craze for fame, some of the struggles that come with it such as the loss of love and innocence, and superficial nature. TFM, with its ode to her father's alcoholism in Speechless and other monsters in Bad Romance, Monster, and DITD. BTW, with its "rising from the ashes" anthems and toast to her grandfather's life in Edge of Glory. 

I stan a legend who isn't afraid to release something that will become 'dated.' TF/TFM revolutionized pop music of 2008-2010; if it all ended then, maybe it'd matter. But, she has shown that she can keep evolving. 

moonboywow

All yall saying the fame or the fame monster is the most timeless album. Are you sure nostalgia isn't clouding your judgment?

Nikolai Barrow

Either Joanne or A Star Is Born probably are. But I think Born This Way is also very timeless but in a different way. Both Joanne and A Star Is Born are mostly older styles of music, when Born This Way was in my opinion cutting edge at the time but aged really well because of the strength of the melodies. 

Aga Gydal

Joanne is her Thin White Duke. It’s amazing. Probably my second favorite after BTW. 

Joanne needed to happen. It’s more meaningful to the Gaga cannon than people think. 

Cookie Tookie
1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

No...that belongs to TFM or BTW

Joanne was...a choice of an album :awkney:

Tea, and they’re going to have to deal with it on this forum

Cookie Tookie

Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro, Speechless will always be played in the future, and always will be looked back upon as some of Gaga’s best songs. Therefore, TFM is the only answer. You really think Come To Mama and the rest of the songs from Joanne will ever be prominent culturally years down the road? Let’s be real. 

ANTI WP
31 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

No

/Thread

Yes 

/Thread 

2 minutes ago, MonsterMom said:

I actually think BTW is :oops:

Well unthink then :trollga:

MonsterMom
2 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

Yes 

/Thread 

Well unthink then :trollga:

oh snap GIF by neomagazinroyale

ANTI WP
35 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Why is it so important to this fanbase that Gaga's music remain "timeless" to such an obsessive degree? Gaga is an amazing legend because of the boundaries she pushed and risks she made as a popstar DURING THE TIME she released each of her songs and albums. Who the heck cares if The Fame 'aged like milk'? Why, yes, things that are a decade old do tend to, well, age. The trends she ushered in, the peaks she reached, the art she served, the concepts she pursued... none of that should be measured by how well they fit into TODAY'S sounds. 

Because people in 2030 won't be able to say that 'Sinner's Prayer' was from 2016 somehow makes it more... anything... than 'Pokerface' with its very late 2000s production? 

I don't come here to hate on any of Gaga's music or to argue/put down the opinions of other fans. This is merely my opinion: Joanne was a very calculated release that came at the end of a well-crafted, planned retreat that focused on highlighting Gaga as a vocalist and pure musician rather than a stunt-driven fad. ARTPOP had made it clear that she had no upward trajectory in that route, and the reinvention was clearly successful since we are today hyping a major hit in Stupid Love. But, Joanne was NOT organic, it was NOT personal. It was just as manufactured as every other era and album she has released. 

A commercial album release was needed to conclude her reinvention, and allow her to pivot. It ultimately led to ASIB and its massive impact on her and her career. ASIB would not have been viable with ARTPOP having been the GP's last memory of her. Was Joanne's sound stripped back? Yes. It was meant to showcase her instrumental and vocal talents. Was it personal? No. Stefani was born and raised in NYC, has roots in jazz and theater. She defined the era by taking on a character named after her late aunt Joanne, reinterpreted as a cowboy-hat wearing, guitar-rocking bluesy southern badass. Perfect Illusion was promoted by relating it to social media; despite her 2nd single failing to hit the Top 10 of the Hot 100, they didn't even attempt to revive the era with a 3rd single after it had some life breathed into it via the Superbowl which propelled Million Reasons to #4.

The LP had done its job and they moved on. 

We have The Fame, which documented her craze for fame, some of the struggles that come with it such as the loss of love and innocence, and superficial nature. TFM, with its ode to her father's alcoholism in Speechless and other monsters in Bad Romance, Monster, and DITD. BTW, with its "rising from the ashes" anthems and toast to her grandfather's life in Edge of Glory. 

I stan a legend who isn't afraid to release something that will become 'dated.' TF/TFM revolutionized pop music of 2008-2010; if it all ended then, maybe it'd matter. But, she has shown that she can keep evolving. 

That's what I'm saying 

She is very talented artist and knows how to play the game in the smart way 

She is on her own league 

Archived