💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How does SL compare to PI

duckworth

Featured Posts

SHALLOW
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

Agree to disagree. At least us Perfect Illusion stans have lyrics to scream in the first place in the chorus unlike some other song out there :ohwell:

True :ladyhaha:

I’ve been hating songs with instrumentals as the chorus for years. I think it’s a dying trend. It’s ok on SL but definitely not the best. It makes it easier to dance but harder to sing 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

And Perfect Illusion has real lyrics :vegas:

Are we going by the ''I don't like the song so I pretends it doesn't have lyrics'' route or what? :billie: I hope so because I don't expect you to hate it like a soccer moms would do because is dance-pop so it doesn't have real meaning and all thing.

derpmonster
Just now, ApplauseftAdele said:

It’s hard to argue since PI is more expiremental and almost a completely new genre. People will just prefer different things, however even though I love PI i will admit I hated Gaga’s vocals on the songs for a while after it was released, it’s just really raw and sells emotion for the cost of sounding “pleasant”

Tbh I don't understand why people have an issue when Gaga sounds raw but let other artists do it just fine. People have the same issue with her "Dope voice", just her dramatic low notes like in Dope and TIHTY. They're amazing and very emotional.

Adele does raw sounding vocals all the time at the expense of pleasant sound, I can't be the only one who thinks that... and her high belts are almost always screamy like Gaga's can be. And people love her.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Lukey said:

PI is that kid at family events that ruins the entire day with their infant screams

*Retweet* :billie:

derpmonster
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Are we going by the ''I don't like the song so I pretends it doesn't have lyrics'' route or what? :billie: I hope so because I don't expect you to hate it like a soccer moms would do because is dance-pop so it doesn't have real meaning and all thing.

Ma'am the latter part of your argument would make sense if PI also weren't a dance pop song. :vegas:

"Now it's time to free me from the shame, I gotta find that peace. Is it too late or could this love protect me from the pain? I would battle for you." It's fine but sounds like something a literal child could write. 

Versus

"I don't need eyes to see, I felt you touching me, high like I'm finally free, maybe it's just a dream. that's what it means to crush, now that I'm waking up, I'm over the show, yeah, at least now I know."

Full of metaphors and double entendres :flutter:

And at least Perfect Illusion doesn't have "freak out x3 look at me get down x3 look at me freak out (once again, honey what?) X3 look at me now" and "higher" x500

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Widows Kiss

Twinks love music to inhale poppers to so Stupid Love wins this one by default.

IAmNotHere1997

It's better. Perfect Illusion literally declared war in this fanbase, and this forum specifically. It was "You're not a real fan if you don't like Perfect Illusion" vs. "We want Bad Romance Gaga again!", followed by a massive unstanning and lots of people disappearing for good :oops:

table.gif

FfFfFfFF
7 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Ma'am the latter part of your argument would make sense if PI also weren't a dance pop song. :vegas:

"Now it's time to free me from the shame, I gotta find that peace. Is it too late or could this love protect me from the pain? I would battle for you." It's fine but sounds like something a literal child could write. 

Versus

"I don't need eyes to see, I felt you touching me, high like I'm finally free, maybe it's just a dream. that's what it means to crush, now that I'm waking up, I'm over the show, yeah, at least now I know."

And at least Perfect Illusion doesn't have "freak out x3 look at me get down x3 look at me freak out (once again, honey what?) X3 look at me now" and "higher" x500

How are they not on the same level lyrically? You can clearly see from your extracts that they are.

But it has 'I wasn't love' on loop for a minute straight? Both songs hace repetiveness (like all pop songs) but one is done right and in a pleasant way while the other not.

Reality

I can’t with you guys NOW saying that PI is the better song :ladyhaha: I remember when I had to defend it cause most people on here were like, “what?? This isn’t a lead single! I’m so disappointed!”

I love both songs, but I do think that SL is better.

🃏🖤👹

Reality
42 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Versus

I don’t understand why people keep saying that SL has basic or cringey lyrics. They’re literally on the same level as most of her songs. The pre-chorus and the chorus, sure, are not particularly special. But that’s because it’s supposed to be a fun, upbeat dance pop song that you can just put on and dance to. The verses, though, actually are well written.

I mean, y’all don’t criticize songs like Just Dance, Poker Face, or Telephone. I’d argue that those songs have the same level of lyricism as SL. 

🃏🖤👹

SchwineLove

Perfect Illusion should never happen, it was annoying and even as a fan listening it to the radio feels awkward because it was too shouty and angry, and I was anxious to assume what people in my car feel about the song, it was an uncomfortable experience. As lyrically superior, well PI is not even that magnificent tho.

That's why I'm beyond confused that this fanbase is ungrateful because Stupid Love is a fun song, cheery and well polished, and just sounds great in the radio.

BrickMonster

PI was way too edgy for the GP. The key change was amazing but wasn't made for easy listening, especially for radio. 

SL seems like it's the right amount of edge and familiarity that the GP can POSSIBLY fall in love with it with enough plays. 

But also to be fair, SL is also coming into a time when Gaga is finally appreciated for who she was and is as a pop star. PI came when the GP was kinda cold(er) to her. 

Jose P

SL is way better received by both fans and locals for sure. PI damn near broke this fanbase it was a true mess :billie: I was one of those who hated it :billie: I love it now tho :billie:

yes and
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

PI has way better lyrics even tho it’s more repetitive and the structure of the song is way more interesting, plus it has that rush of adrenaline and the MV is like SL but better executed :huntyga:

It is too subjective, you need to start excepting other people's opinion :sis:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

vyniildisk

Perfect Illusion is in my top 5 of Gaga songs but lets be honest. It was obershadow by MakeMe 

Archived