Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
news

UK monsters: Time to request STUPID LOVE to BBC RADIO 1

Rio

Featured Posts

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Thank you.

This article is just silly. Radio 1 have been supporting her this weekend. Songs don't often get instantly added to their playlist upon release unless you're a  really big name in the UK and/or have some sort of relationship with R1. Gaga's relationship with them has been rocky since they haven't really supported her solidly for years now - during Joanne they barely played her at all despite her literally being on their show the morning that PI premiered.

The fact they made it Tune of the Weekend and played it five times today alone shows that they have a better feeling about this and indicates that it will likely get playlisted when they update the songs on their rota on Friday.

The last thing we wanna do as a fanbase is behave rabid and come after them.

So it won't be added until Friday? 👀 my God. That's ages away lol

Harry
Just now, Rio said:

So it won't be added until Friday? 👀 my God. That's ages away lol

Yeah... I mean, DJs are free to play outside of the playlist too, so I don't imagine that it will just suddenly stopped being played altogether until then. Hoping that if it's on their radar it will continue to get played until an official playlist add happens. If not, Capital seem on board and have played it several times even though it's not on their playlist yet too so airplay should be good this week.

I just pray R1 don't pull a PI and add it to the C-List for like two weeks, hardly play it and then let it go :air:

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah... I mean, DJs are free to play outside of the playlist too, so I don't imagine that it will just suddenly stopped being played altogether until then. Hoping that if it's on their radar it will continue to get played until an official playlist add happens. If not, Capital seem on board and have played it several times even though it's not on their playlist yet too so airplay should be good this week.

I just pray R1 don't pull a PI and add it to the C-List for like two weeks, hardly play it and then let it go :air:

After ASIB and Shallow and the revitalisation of her career recently, I don't think they'll drop this as quickly. I never thought this could ever be a hit, but the way it's been treated the past month and since Friday makes me think it could be. It's very different to everything else on the radio too, so there'll be a few hurdles to overcome yet

Archived