Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I’m obsessed with Britney’s Lucky (help me interpret the ending)

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

The song played at a restaurant early in the morning and I haven’t gone back to the song for a really long time, and being a young adult, if there’s nothing missing in my life but why do these tears come at night hits differently now compared to when I was 5 years old bopping my ass to it. So I started crying lmfao.

so I watched the video and noticed how I couldn’t understand 3:20 where she saw a version of myself with the crowd then looked back at her mirror and started to get confused. I have my mixed interpretations in mind, what’s yours.

she doesnt see her other self. she looks outside into the crowd because her mirror was suddenly in her car which  confused her because it was gone (her other self took it earlier in the video)

You will learn respect!

Lighter
14 minutes ago, Kitana said:

she doesnt see her other self. she looks outside into the crowd because her mirror was suddenly in her car which  confused her because it was gone (her other self took it earlier in the video)

Wait she didn’t actually see the britney in black?

Lighter
17 minutes ago, Kitana said:

And why did her other self take it what does that symbolize skksks now I’m curious 

no the entire video lucky never sees britney which is shown early in the video. i think taking the mirror was an attempt to communicate with lucky

You will learn respect!

25 minutes ago, Lighter said:

And why did her other self take it what does that symbolize skksks now I’m curious 

"Lost in an image"

Thruout the video Lucky looks at herself in that mirror, lost in her own image, focused on the most superficial things of life, checking her makeup, her hair, shooting a scene for a movie, when we first thought it to be her real home (only just a set, to me represents the artificiality of her life, nothing is real, not even her looks which was created by Hollywood). Mirrors usually reflect truth, they reflect what is. If u wanna take it too far even though Im not sure Britney even wanted to go that far and deep into it, mirrors can symbolise the conscious and unconscious mind. By constantly looking into her mirror in the beginning of the video, Lucky has looked into her unconsciousness, she's been looking into her image that is not necessarily an accurate representation of truth, therefore, of her. By Britney taking her mirror, and Lucky finding it later in her car, Britney might have changed the reflection , Lucky might have finally been able to see herself, and not the image.

It's arguable but, Britney might be a representation of the 'real' Lucky in the end. Like a ghost desperately wanting to get back to her own body and not the one fabricated by Hollywood. But i might be reaching. 

It could explain why Lucky cannot see her.

Lighter
1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

"Lost in an image"

Thruout the video Lucky looks at herself in that mirror, lost in her own image, focused on the most superficial things of life, checking her makeup, her hair, shooting a scene for a movie, when we first thought it to be her real home (only just a set, to me represents the artificiality of her life, nothing is real, not even her looks which was created by Hollywood). Mirrors usually reflect truth, they reflect what is. If u wanna take it too far even though Im not sure Britney even wanted to go that far and deep into it, mirrors can symbolise the conscious and unconscious mind. By constantly looking into her mirror in the beginning of the video, Lucky has looked into her unconsciousness, she's been looking into her image that is not necessarily an accurate representation of truth, therefore, of her. By Britney taking her mirror, and Lucky finding it later in her car, Britney might have changed the reflection , Lucky might have finally been able to see herself, and not the image.

It's arguable but, Britney might be a representation of the 'real' Lucky in the end. Like a ghost desperately wanting to get back to her own body and not the one fabricated by Hollywood. But i might be reaching. 

Wow this really foreshadowed her career

TheFriend

I....I used to hear this when I was a kid. I never really bothered what the lyrics was all about until you posted this. Definitely the saddest Britney song. Thank you :giveup:

Lighter
8 hours ago, TheFriend said:

I....I used to hear this when I was a kid. I never really bothered what the lyrics was all about until you posted this. Definitely the saddest Britney song. Thank you :giveup:

It is behind the production tbh

17 hours ago, kyanewest said:

"Lost in an image"

16 hours ago, Lighter said:

Wow this really foreshadowed her career

13 hours ago, TheFriend said:

Maybe, but this is the superior song and more definitive since she actually wrote it...

Archived