opinion

Stupid Love Looks Cheap?

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bambino

Anyone who says it's cheap should shut the **** up tbh. Lana Del Rey makes Instagram-like videos and everyone goes yaaaas indie queen but if Gaga does something with her phone, it's unforgivable. The video looks great and the fact that she did it with iPhone is impressive.

Candy Gaga

Who are those that think it's cheap cause I'm ready to fight. Fab outfits , choreo and tons of dancers no cheap vibes here

Didymus
1 minute ago, OooooooO said:

I get what you mean but Gaga has always been rough and unpolished since the fame (with the exception of BR). Everything she does is campy except BTW era everything was much darker. While this time she clearly she has choosen inspiration from Japan pop culture, have you ever seen a Jpop MV. They look extremely color and saturated. And that derives the fun out of the theme. It was never meant to be polished, if it’s polished it ain’t fun. If anything, I want to Gaga making everything even cornier to fit the theme more. Like more leaves on people head please and more weird neon rocks. That’s maybe far too overwhelming for certain people. 

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Why is it not “done well”.

The storyline is all chopped up and a mess. There's no narrative impact whatsoever which is key for a campy video set in an alternative universe. It has to have a point even if the point is just to be random af (which is not the case as Gaga clearly developed a storyline).

Also, the directing is just sloppy. There are no interesting angles and there aren't any shots that make a lasting impression. It's fun to watch in the moment but when I take a step back it's just not something I can call "well made". Because if it was, I would remember why or what exactly I appreciated technically. Right now I can only say I like the colors. That's not much.

Can you all just have your opinions, talk calm about it, cause that's what forums are for, and not be so annoying?

Ally Campana

I find it funny how a certain user basically repeats himself in every thread lol. Never seen ONE positive post from you. Why are you even here? :fail:

Does it matter? Damage is done

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Also, the directing is just sloppy. There are no interesting angles and there aren't any shots that make a lasting impression. It's fun to watch in the moment but when I take a step back it's just not something I can call "well made".

She's working with an iPhone, you really can't do much with it. At the end of the day the deal was much more important than how "fancy" the directing was.

Purr more, hiss less.

Lona Delery
7 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Anyone who says it's cheap should shut the **** up tbh. Lana Del Rey makes Instagram-like videos and everyone goes yaaaas indie queen but if Gaga does something with her phone, it's unforgivable. The video looks great and the fact that she did it with iPhone is impressive.

well no, we hate her for that

SL looks cheap, and it does not look intentionally cheap. A "shot on iPhone" is not a stylistic choice, it's to get the video sponsored by Apple.

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

TWICE on hatius
10 minutes ago, Didymus said:

The storyline is all chopped up and a mess. There's no narrative impact whatsoever which is key for a campy video set in an alternative universe. It has to have a point even if the point is just to be random af (which is not the case as Gaga clearly developed a storyline).

Also, the directing is just sloppy. There are no interesting angles and there aren't any shots that make a lasting impression. It's fun to watch in the moment but when I take a step back it's just not something I can call "well made". Because if it was, I would remember why or what exactly I appreciated technically. Right now I can only say I like the colors. That's not much.

Because SL was never deep, it is a mindless dance track. Sometimes things need to be light, again have you ever seen 2000s Jpop mvs. They barely make any sense so people can have fun with it. People hate her AF during ARTPOP and BTW because how “deep” or simply pretentious the music and videos are. Anyway, i can see that you don’t like the theme itself and it’s understandable since Japan pop culture is risky for a western artist like Gaga to take on

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

Bambino
2 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

well no, we hate her for that

SL looks cheap, and it does not look intentionally cheap. A "shot on iPhone" is not a stylistic choice, it's to get the video sponsored by Apple.

I take it you have an issue with her getting Apple promo? Like, nobody would've even know that she did it with an iPhone if she didn't really say it.

Pharamon

lmao at first it looked cheap to me ad the mv cheesy asf... but now it grew on me and for some reason it has some charm to it plus the song is growing on me omg

• Admin changed the title to Stupid Love Looks Cheap?

Archived