💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Stupid Love Meaning

boneknuckleskin

Featured Posts

boneknuckleskin

So what does Gaga really say in this song? Who is the song directed to or about to you? Is there a message there or is it just really not that deep? 

I feel like the lyrics are directed to her fans and for her fans, not to any current or former lover. In 2013, she wanted our Applause and in 2020 she wants our Stupid Love again. She knows the backlash she’s received by some of her core fan base for the Cheek to Cheek and Joanne eras and now that she’s back to pop she knows we’re gonna ‘freak out freak out freak out.’ The dancers at the beginning remind me of her little monsters following her choreo like they did in the Bad Romance flash mob video and throughout the video she is is serving choreo that she knows her base loves. She sings ‘gotta have faith in me’ as in have faith through all her different musical ventures because she’s still the queen of pop and will always take care of her little managers. And then the lyrics about battling for us. She still loves us. Stupid Love is a gift for us and a return to true form that many of her monsters asked for. :huntyga:

Nah, it's pretty much about a lover. 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

I think it's just about a lover yeah, perhaps she'll allude to more meanings in future interviews but I like your interpretation 

BlingNotTheMusic

It's basically the same meaning as Bad Romance :huntyga: which is one of my "criticisms" as it even has similar lyrics...but Im not going to nitpick :vegas:

WantUrStupidLove

I think when going by the lyrics accompanied by the music video, it’s arguably about the same message she has made central to her art: love, peace, and inclusivity, on a global level. 

I mean, the music video doesn’t begin in a dystopian universe where there is a specific notation regarding the constant fighting for no reason. 

edit: the “all I ever wanted was love” isn’t just speaking from her personal perspective; thus, I don’t see it as romantic. The need for love is  a primary need of all humans. So, amidst war and poverty, all anyone caught up in the middle of it wants is simply peace and love. 

Lord Temptation

It’s different to Bad Romance, Judas or Applause. She wants to break out of the cycle of meeting the guy that ends up being...the wrong guy. 

She’s saying that love SHOULD make you want to do stupid things, rather than trying to be “mature” or “rational” about it. Too many relationships break down because each partner tries to make everything make sense, or tries to make their partner make sense. But love itself doesn’t make sense.

In this tech heavy world so many of us waste hours (or years) planning, organising and conversing an idealisation of love but when it actually hits us we attempt to tame the scariness of love out so that the “falling” in love part stops. 

So I think the song is about the paradox, or mystery, of love. It’s a terrifying sensation and we would rather live without that fear. But as Gaga also wrote in “I Don’t Know What Love Is” from ASIB, maybe love  itself is just fear in disguise. Many of us refuse to accept that love makes us 100% vulnerable, and so we fight it. And hence we fight ourselves.

Archived