đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Stupid Love: Whats Changed?

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig

I've just been listening to the song on repeat  for the past hour and I have noticed some differences between the demo and the version we got today. For those who heard the leak, what did you notice that was different?

The first thing I noticed right off the bat was the drum kit was louder and brighter. In general the instrumental is louder, but the drum kit wasn't that noticeable in the demo.

The second thing I noticed was that they made her vocals brighter, and added echo/reverb to it. This is the only thing I didn't like. In my opinion, its not necessary and its lowkey off putting. However, its something I can probably get used to.

The third thing I noticed was that they added another sound effect. It comes in around 0:24... and sounds like a "wooo" imo. 

The fourth thing I noticed was that during the "pause" in the demo, they filed that space with that sound effect. 

The fifth thing I noticed was that when she sang "I don't need a reason...", that part was quieter than in the demo. Also, the reverb imo doesn't suit this part of the song. The vocals in the last chorus sound much more blended rather than out of sync. 

On the whole, I love this song so much. But its got me questioning if they leaked it on purpose to see what fans think... cause everything the fans complained about, they tried to fix :vegas:  What do you guys think?

End Racism Now

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dynamite

If they tried to fix what people complained about they would have added more vocals to the chorus and changed the bridge :huntyga:

boneknuckleskin
1 minute ago, dynamite said:

If they tried to fix what people complained about they would have added more vocals to the chorus and changed the bridge :huntyga:

Agreed but maybe it just wasn’t feasible to do all that and get it through the label and mixing / post-production? Other than that I noticed all the same changes Craig points out and a couple more I think and all were positive changes for sure. 

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, dynamite said:

I think those fans were in the minority with that one :huntyga:

End Racism Now

dynamite
Just now, xoxo Craig said:

I think those fans were in the minority with that one :huntyga:

I didn't see so many complaints about the bridge, but I saw the lack of lyrics cited as a reason quite a bit!

Cello

What changed with the bridge? I only listened to the leak once so I don't remember :cryga:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

xoxo Craig
Just now, Cello said:

What changed with the bridge? I only listened to the leak once so I don't remember :cryga:

The bridge is more or less the same, its just they added reverb to her vocals, made them quieter and filled the gap between the bridge and the last chorus with a "wooo" sound effect :vegas:

End Racism Now

Defmix100

the biggest changes are volume balancing and adding more reverb to her vocals, then subtler things like the sound effect transition to the last chorus and the bridge sounds better

Judas Society

Sorry to say this in this thread, I'm one of those who hasn't listen to the leak. I'm so glad.

Finally listening to SL, I have to say...I LOVE LOVE IT!! The 80s & 90s dance style is apparent in this, even the way she sang in some parts are very 80s and 90s which gave me total nostalgia.

I agree, the lyrics ain't deep and there wasn't the quirk that we usually see in a Gaga lyric. But Gaga has said it, that making this record, it was all just free flowing without being too concern about "making a craft".

But I don't see the connection between the video and the song though. I would listen to this song if I need an energy boost. Damn, I can see myself running to this song. I feel so happy listening to this song!

Darcklighter22
14 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

its got me questioning if they leaked it on purpose to see what fans think... cause everything the fans complained about, they tried to fix :vegas:  What do you guys think?

"And like it got passed around so much not caring who's fingerprints got on it just wanted it to sound the best it can" so get the diehard fans to give notes for final tweaks for the GP for the release :ohwell:

M i K E Y

I also noticed the thing with the drum kit and vocal effects, all in one it sounded more polished and more clear. Still like it tho but I wish that they had a real intro cuz it kinda sounds like it begins in the middle of something yk

xoxo Craig
Just now, Darcklighter22 said:

"And like it got passed around so much not caring who's fingerprints got on it just wanted it to sound the best it can" so get the diehard fans to give notes for final tweaks for the GP for the release :ohwell:

Did she say that?? :udidnt:

End Racism Now

RepentingSinner

Like i said in another post. Its mixing, yall didnt think the leak was fully mixed? The things changed are general mixing things and mastering. Reverb, Echo, Leveling, Eq, etc

M i K E Y

And honestly I don’t really care about the lack of lyrics. It’s a song to dance and have fun with, you can sing along very easily and when u just dance to it, you don’t really care about message or something. 

people kinda seem to want songs with message all the time but hello?! It’s music, it’s entertainment. Forget this deep bullshit and have a good time 

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, RepentingSinner said:

Like i said in another post. Its mixing, yall didnt think the leak was fully mixed? The things changed are general mixing things and mastering. Reverb, Echo, Leveling, Eq, etc

No of course we knew the demo wasn't mixed. But they did more than just mix the song

End Racism Now

Archived