Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Shot on Iphone

Ghost Face

Featured Posts

Ghost Face

The music video shot on Iphone works really well to me! It gives the video some kind of nostalgic value. The fact that it's not that polished makes it also feel more authentic, idk. I experience less distance to the teasers than I experience watching super HD and perfect shot music videos. It just feel less 'fake' and instead of status & technology, the message is way more prominent.

It feels not just like a high-budget music video of celebrity and superstar Lady Gaga, but like a conceptual and artistic project by Gaga as a person and artist. Waving Good Bye GIF

What do you guys think about it? 

topic rules: LOVE & DIGNITY :vegas:

Ps.

OMG yaaaaaassssss! We're just hours away from 'new' music. 

crazy homer simpson GIF

It's an honor.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackCrown

I was scared about it, but now you've convinced me :heart:

My crown is black, like the soul of fame

5 minutes ago, LoveStupid said:

a conceptual and artistic project by Gaga as a person and artist. 

or a music video length sponsored ad paid for by Apple :oops:

angels forever, forever angels

Defmix100

If that was the style she was going for then I guess it works, I personally would have loved a cool more cinematic version of the same plot shot like Mad Max

And I'm guessing the vfx in SL are purposely bad, you can see the roto shaking at the top of frame in one of the shots

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Defmix100 said:

And I'm guessing the vfx in SL are purposely bad, you can see the roto shaking at the top of frame in one of the shots

It's just that iPhone videos are notoriously difficult to edit on top of. Motion tracking esspecially.

Purr more, hiss less.

Ghost Face
1 minute ago, mvstraw said:

I mean look at LAHN music video, it still look professional to me and the quality inst bad

The Stupid Love teasers look professional and the quality isn't bad.. so what is your point?

say what chris rock GIF

It's an honor.

Daylight Jokers

As much as I don't mind SL being shot with an iPhone, I hope this trend dies or else the future of music videos is not good.

NFRatwell

It looks good and she’s getting them coins. and arnt shot on iPhone videos/partnerships usually done in 2? If it means we have a secure second video/single I’m 100% here for shot on iPhone music video

If they hadn't revealed it was shot on an iPhone at least 95% of us wouldn't even know, so I don't really care what they used as long as it's good. 

Defmix100
2 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

It's just that iPhone videos are notoriously difficult to edit on top of. Motion tracking esspecially.

exactly, if you want a vfx video then shoot it properly. She often has spotty vfx where so many other artists have great vfx, she's one of the biggest artists in the world I just don't get it

Ghost Face
5 minutes ago, shame said:

or a music video length sponsored ad paid for by Apple :oops:

I talked about how it feels to me and even tho it's true, that's not how it feels to me.

happy toddlers and tiaras GIF

It's an honor.

ObezyankaNol

Ngl I don't like the quality, but as a whole I like what I see.

As a filmmaking student i notice the differences :poot: but it fits the aesthetic i guess

Also I notice about the iphone thing yesterday when i saw the first teaser :poot:

15 hours ago, ObezyankaNol said:

WOW It looks so good, but the quality is weird idk

shoot on iphone confirmed?

Не верь, не бойся, не проси

FATCAT
2 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

exactly, if you want a vfx video then shoot it properly. She often has spotty vfx where so many other artists have great vfx, she's one of the biggest artists in the world I just don't get it

It was a deal to get the MV payed for with promo, sometimes you have to make small trade-offs haha

Purr more, hiss less.

Archived