💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

OMonster

I just remembered how Shallow was such a slow burn. 

With the right promo and the right techniques to remind people of the song over the coming few weeks, SL could easily be a top 10 hit.

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
28 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Reliable guy on PopJustice is suggesting that a lot is coming next week. 

I'm thinking second song and album announcement / pre-order. 

Gonna be a big week, either way! 

This lines up with what Mr.S said about 3/2, and how Regina said that her sources told her that there would be a second single just days after SL!

Ohhh, if it's a new single, bitch I don't think we're going to be ready! SL was great, don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, but to an extent, I can understand why some people here are tired of it. I mean, it is their fault if they overplayed the leak, but had the leaks not happened, we'd be getting like like 3x as many SL threads as we are now. I can't wait to see what a brand new song would do here! 

🃏🖤👹

OMonster
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

This lines up with what Mr.S said about 3/2, and how Regina said that her sources told her that there would be a second single just days after SL!

Ohhh, if it's a new single, bitch I don't think we're going to be ready! SL was great, don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT, but to an extent, I can understand why some people here are tired of it. I mean, it is their fault if they overplayed the leak, but had the leaks not happened, we'd be getting like like 3x as many SL threads as we are now. I can't wait to see what a brand new song would do here! 

I'm concerned that a new song so soon will totally drown out SL, though. 

And if the new song gets everyone's attention but then dies down very quickly, the close proximity of the two would've denied us a hit. 

Maybe I'm being too cynical though, lol.

subtext / fantasy

3 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I'd listened to the leak 100 times but now I love it more :ohwell:

Reality
Just now, OMonster said:

I'm concerned that a new song so soon will totally drown out SL, though. 

And if the new song gets everyone's attention but then dies down very quickly, the close proximity of the two would've denied us a hit. 

Maybe I'm being too cynical though, lol.

Maybe, but it isn't out the realm of possibility that they'd do that though. I mean, Selena released Look at Her Now just a day after Lose You to Love Me, and both her and Gaga are Interscope artists.

Maybe if a song does come on 3/2, it could be a promo/buzz single that she do perform and promote with   Stupid Love. Her and her team are pretty heavily pushing Stupid Love, so if another song does come out, to be honest, I don't think she'll give it the attention she's giving SL. 

🃏🖤👹

Reality
2 minutes ago, NoahSuns said:

I'd listened to the leak 100 times but now I love it more :ohwell:

Same! 

Some people overplayed it for themselves though, and that's disappointing to see. I mean, think about how much more excited people would be if they didn't hear the leak. In hindsight, I really wish it didn't happen. 

🃏🖤👹

FentyGa
8 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I just remembered how Shallow was such a slow burn. 

With the right promo and the right techniques to remind people of the song over the coming few weeks, SL could easily be a top 10 hit.

quite frankly, i think a top 10 debut is guaranteed. top 5? idk about that; stupid love has so much more hype than perfect illusion did, and PI just missed the top 10 by 5 spots. i dont think that should be our concern. now, longevity? that’s all up to gaga, interscope, and the promo/bookings they’ve made

YourCureness
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Maybe, but it isn't out the realm of possibility that they'd do that though. I mean, Selena released Look at Her Now just a day after Lose You to Love Me, and both her and Gaga are Interscope artists.

Maybe if a song does come on 3/2, it could be a promo/buzz single that she do perform and promote with   Stupid Love. Her and her team are pretty heavily pushing Stupid Love, so if another song does come out, to be honest, I don't think she'll give it the attention she's giving SL. 

Plus I don't think they will release a song that will is strong enough to compete or even cannibalize Stupid Love. They will probably choose a weaker song from the album. 

Reality
5 minutes ago, YourCureness said:

Plus I don't think they will release a song that will is strong enough to compete or even cannibalize Stupid Love. They will probably choose a weaker song from the album. 

True. They could release a shorter and less commercial-friendly, more experimental song. I think that could both satisfy fans who've heard SL already and are tired of it and the GP because now they have two songs to listen to!

🃏🖤👹

Donny Winter
4 hours ago, BabylonHooker said:

girl, no, the first 24 hours

Taylor Swift, The Man, 4th single :  11m views in 24 hours

Lady Gaga,  Stupid Love, Lead Single : 9,5m views in 24 hours

In my calculations, both songs had 10 million in about 24 hours. Stupid Love's may be a bit slower, but Gaga has far fewer subscribers on YouTube than Swift does. Hopefully this new era changes that a bit. Swift has churned out a lot more work over the past 5 years than Gaga has, probably because Gaga has been focused on her acting career. 

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

MissKombucha
3 hours ago, Cookies said:

here's my delulu thought:

we have a black tribe but black isn't even a color. will there be a white tribe? i mean, Gaga said that the red tribe represents the hierarchy but i feel like the red tribe is corrupt. will there be a white tribe that ends up taking over? Babylon could fit in with being a goddess and the leader of the white tribe.

idk, just an idea from me. i like thinking about the storyline

The narrative did say in the beginning the Spiritual Ones remained asleep .. so maybe they haven’t been shown yet 

Reality

Side note, does anyone know what's up with the bear trap? :giveup:

Like, for her red outfit with the claws, I can understand it not being in the video because 1) imagine her trying to do choreo with that on, but 2) it could just be an outtake for a photoshoot, but the bear trap has been a pretty prominent symbol...yet it feels so random and out of place.

It's iconic though, I love the imagery, but like...why? :giveup:

🃏🖤👹

MissKombucha
54 minutes ago, OMonster said:

Reliable guy on PopJustice is suggesting that a lot is coming next week. 

I'm thinking second song and album announcement / pre-order. 

Gonna be a big week, either way! 

I hope there’s an extended video too .. mama, I need more narrative especially after those epic teasers

RahrahWitch

Is Stupid Love the Calm before the storm? Something about the ending with the creepy music and logo makes me think it is.

I feel like the album or at least the videos will definitely to be conceptual seeing as the name is the same as the planet in SL. 

What do you think is going to Happen? I'd love if it slowly shifted from camp to more theatrical like BTW and Marry the Night music videos.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

(I mean just look at it :D)

Lawrence
3 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

Is Stupid Love the Calm before the storm? Something about the ending with the creepy music and logo makes me think it is.

I feel like the album or at least the videos will definitely to be conceptual seeing as the name is the same as the planet in SL. 

What do you think is going to Happen? I'd love if it slowly shifted from camp to more theatrical like BTW and Marry the Night music videos.

ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif

(I mean just look at it :D)

I keep thinking the same thing. I think the next song/MV could be a bit darker and theatrical. 

Also, if I don't see those claws in the promo picture being used in a MV, I will cry :bradley:

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived