Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I

FATCAT

Featured Posts

• Replies 54.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig

Just watched 3 reaction videos and omg every single one is a good review :bradley:  its a hit

End Racism Now

49 minutes ago, Cookies said:

dude, i'm seriously going to get a SL/Chromatica poster and hoodie! I'LL EVEN GET A VINYL PLAYER AND BUY THE VINYL OF IT AND BUILD MY COLLECTION!!!  i'm living for this era!

She has never been has good with aesthetics before. Seriously the covert art, billboard, Chromatica logo etc SLAP!!! I need everything :bradley:

OMonster

I can't get over when she first sings 'All I ever wanted was love' and turns round to reveal the shoulder pad outfit :bradley:

THAT moment right there was when Stupid Love became iconic and classic in an instance. 

This is one of my favourite Gaga singles, and the video is so fun. 

I can't stop the hype - I'm so sorry, guys :excited2:

subtext / fantasy

Moonlight on Water
2 hours ago, Enigma said:

She has never been has good with aesthetics before. Seriously the covert art, billboard, Chromatica logo etc SLAP!!! I need everything :bradley:

i do love the BTW aesthetics, but i do understand what you mean!! ugh i CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ALBUM

she/her

IAmNotHere1997

Check out this reaction. She's a professional UK-established pop singer and vocal coach, and I'm so happy she enjoyed it :tony:

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Check out this reaction. She's a professional UK-established pop singer and vocal coach, and I'm so happy she enjoyed it :tony:

I wouldn't say she is established, I've never heard of her

End Racism Now

IAmNotHere1997
5 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

I wouldn't say she is established, I've never heard of her

Established as in she comes from the UK :laughga:

Vitleysingur

Criticsn are LIVING for it while little complainers keep losing!

Vanity Fair: Lady Gaga’s “Stupid Love” Charts Another Thrilling, Electric Course

Spoiler

Lady Gaga’s new single “Stupid Love” arrives in declarations: “All I ever wanted was love”; “I want your stupid love.” She issues them over glittering dance pop, and they’re less plaintive than euphoric—the act of expression is the triumph. In the accompanying music video, Gaga presides over an end-of-times scene where warring factions end up united on a desert dance floor. “The world rots in conflict,” the video’s opening subtitles read. “Many tribes battle for dominance. While the Spiritual ones pray and sleep for peace, the Kindness punks fight for Chromatica.” (Chromatica is the rumored title of Gaga’s forthcoming sixth solo album.)

Notwithstanding the A Star Is Born universe, “Stupid Love” is Gaga’s first solo single since she completed the rollout of her 2016 album, Joanne, which pursued a more pared-back, acoustic sound than the sweeping electronic palette of her earlier work. If the new song is meant as a statement of intent, it suggests a return to the thunderous high-concept anthems that shaped Gaga’s initial rise.

“We are definitely dancing,” Gaga said of the upcoming album in a recent Zane Lowe interview. “All my messages from the other realm that I hear of what they…tell me to tell the world and I put it into music that I believe to be so fun and you know, energetically really pure, and I want people to dance and feel happy.” It starts heady, but by the time the “Stupid Love” video reaches its soaring chorus, it sounds perfectly clear.

Huffpost: Lady Gaga’s ‘Stupid Love’ Is A Sci-Fi Adventure And Return To Cosmic Pop Form

Spoiler

The new era of Lady Gaga is finally here. 

After weeks of social media teases, the Mother Monster unveiled a new single, “Stupid Love,” at midnight Friday. If you thought she’d shifted her focus to movie stardom after 2018’s “A Star Is Born,” and its Oscar-winning duet with Bradley Cooper, “Shallow,” think again. With its anthemic chorus and made-for-the-dance-floor bass line, the song is a bold restatement by Gaga as a pop chameleon and visionary.   

Directed by Daniel Askill, the “Stupid Love” video features bold colors and slick choreography, harkening back to classic Gaga hits like “Telephone” and “Born This Way.” In it, the 11-time Grammy winner portrays an interstellar dominatrix with a telekinetic ability to break up a battle. 

“The world rots in conflict,” a caption declares at the start of the clip. “Many tribes battle for dominance. While the Spiritual ones pray and sleep for peace, the Kindness punks fight for Chromatica.”

Not much is known about Gaga’s forthcoming album, the follow-up to 2016’s “Joanne,” including the title or release date. Announcing the release of “Stupid Love” on Twitter, however, she used the hashtag #Chromatica, prompting fans to speculate that it may be the title. 

She also shared a few details about the project Friday in an interview with Apple Music’s Zane Lowe. 

“We are definitely dancing,” she said. “There were so many different iterations of these songs because we all wanted it to be perfect and literally nobody cared who put their fingerprints on it as long as it was the dopest thing that we could give the world and that it was meaningful, authentic, and completely me.”

This time around, the recording process was particularly emotional. 

“I used to cry a lot in the studio,” she said. “I would listen back to what I was singing and I would hear my voice and I would hear the music and it would be so joyful and celebratory. I would essentially see the arc of my entire day.” 

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

a little late to this but i am SO happy shes working with travis and bryan for the visuals for this era. they're both incredibly talented, and they've worked on post malone (edit: and kali uchis) projects in recent years. it really just confirms EVERY visual component to this era should be a serve (promo, tour posters, merch, etc). :ally:

its refreshing to see artists work with designers that actually have taste.

10 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

She is so nice!!what a kindness punk :bradley:

PlastiscGuy

Listening to the official Stupid Luv with headphones is such an eargasmic experience... the quality improvement... a moment most pleasing to me in my stan career :bradley:

PG.

Vitleysingur
4 minutes ago, PlastiscGuy said:

Listening to the official Stupid Luv with headphones is such an eargasmic experience... the quality improvement... a moment most pleasing to me in my stan career :bradley:

THIS

And how can't anyone not hear the differences from the demo? The official release is so well polished and remastered with some subtle twists. :messga::messga:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Will 3/2 be pre-order or will Gaga announce the launch of a new video game based on Chromatica? :ally: one can hope

• FATCAT changed the title to 'Chromatica' Discussion - ACT I
  • Zilla locked this topic
  • FATCAT unpinned this topic

Archived