💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Vanessa Carlton - Harmonium

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Pop Music

220px-Vanessa_Carlton_-_Harmonium.jpg

after her big Debut album Be Not Nobody with the hit "A Thousand Miles" Vanessa released her sophomore album Harmonium

the album didn't do well but is an incredible album 

the lead and only single White Houses flopped hard but is my most played song of all time  

the writing on this album is amazing as well as the piano playing skills 

some of the best songs are White Houses, Annie, San Francisco, Private Radio, Half a Week Before Winter, Papa, The Wreckage 

give the album a good ol stream 

https://open.spotify.com/album/34qCZlC7OvQ2h9rEFJzpMT

https://music.apple.com/us/album/harmonium/1443769214

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Earthling

Private Radio is such a bop and White Houses is that song. 

*she switched baristas. ☕️

Pop Music
Just now, Earthling said:

Private Radio is such a bop and White Houses is that song. 

White Houses is a perfect song 

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

PoshLife

White Houses was such a great song. It's a shame MTV (or was it VH1?) wouldn't play it because it alluded to losing her virginity. Back when those tv channels actually mattered, that really hurt its chances of becoming big.

"Who's to Say" was definitely my favorite song on the album and, I think, the first Vanessa song I learned to play on the piano. 

Also, I was just thinking about "She Floats" and how it features young girls screaming. So creepy but really artful. It was on my mind cuz she's about to release a new album, "Love is An Art," which includes a song called "Miner's Canary" which similarly features screaming at the end. She's gone "indie" and I miss the pop production her music used to have, but she's still a great artist.

The Fame

I love this record. Still have the CD in my collection. So many good songs, I think it's my favorite from her. 

Archived