30 members have voted

1. 1. 1000FOF or TIA

• 1000 Forms Of Fear
    • This Is Acting
    • Give us Blue and shutup.

Featured Posts

NewUsername
47 minutes ago, Trillion Reasons said:

For me - This is Acting because it has Move Your Body which is my favorite Sia song. :giveup:

thank you for reminding me of this banger :giveup: 

crybrowz

I don't follow Sia that closely but based on the songs I know from both albums I will say 1000FOF. Dressed in Black is one of my fav songs of the last decade. 

JustJames

Sia is so underrated for such a brilliant all-around artist; her songwriting has had such a massive impact on pop music of the 2000s, she finally broke into the mainstream herself with Chandelier, and cemented her status with bops/collabs like Cheap Thrills and The Greatest. It's crazy that she is 0 for 9 at the Grammys and that's with, IMO, big snubs for missing a Best Dance Recording for Titanium, Best Pop Vocal Album (1000FOF), and ROTY/SOTY (Cheap Thrills);

I think Chandelier should've easily beaten Sam Smith for SOTY+Best Pop Solo at the 2015 Grammys, but it most certainly should have received Best Music Video at the very least. And, Best Pop Duo for Cheap Thrills would've been a deserved accolade even if it had been nominated and lost ROTY (a la OTR in 2020). 

Does anyone have an official list of who TIA songs were for? I know Alive =  Adele; Move Your Body = Shakira; Reaper + Cheap Thrills = Rihanna.

But, anyway, her release schedules are pretty bizarre.

1000 FORMS OF FEAR

"Chandelier" was released in 03/2014, with 1000FOF released 07/2014. The only other moderate U.S. success, "Elastic Heart," wasn't released 01/2015 as the 3rd single, well after the Sep 31 Grammy deadline and after voting ended.

I'd have gone with 1) "Chandelier 03/2014, 2) "Elastic Heart" - 07/2014, 3) "Elastic Heart" ft. Weeknd+Diplo - 09/2014, 4) "Fire Meets Gasoline" - 09/2014 or 02/2015.

THIS IS ACTING

Similarly, TIA was released 01/2016 with "Alive" released 09/2015, meaning only "Cheap Thrills" and "The Greatest" fell within the Grammy nomination period (Oct 1 - Oct 1), 2 collaborations released 7 months apart when only 1 could be submitted. By moving "Alive" and "The Greatest" to Oct 1 releases, she'd have had a Best Pop Solo submission for 2015 and Best Pop Duo submissions for 2015 and 2016. But, regardless, sitting on "Cheap Thrills"' success for 7 months is puzzling. "Move Your Body" and "Reaper" were great solo songs with summer vibes that could have smashed while Cheap Thrills still had buzz.

I'd have gone with: 1) "Alive" - 10/2015, 2) "Cheap Thrills" - 03/2016, 3) "Move Your Body" - 06/2016, 4) "Reaper" - 09/2016, 5) "The Greatest" - 02/2017.

13 minutes ago, JustJames said:

and ROTY/SOTY (Cheap Thrills)

I will FOREVER be salty about that, that's one of the best songs on TIA and one of the best singles of 2016-2017 :messga:

• 2 months later...

I'm a big fan of Sia, so I went through this thread with interest. I'd like to tell you my view on it, even though it's a pretty old thread.

Artistically, 1000 Forms Of Fear should definitely be picked over This Is Acting. (Fun fact, Sia had actually decided to stop releasing an album and just write for other artists instead. However, her contract with her publisher said she had to release one album before being able to just be a writer. Out of it came 1kFOF. The other albums are basically for the fans. Her new contract allows her not to do any form of promotion unless she wants to.) It just shows you a much truer version of Sia, since the songs are a lot more personal (as opposed to This Is Acting).

However, as a pop fan, This Is Acting is my favorite. All the songs were at first written for other artists (One Million Bullets being the exception) and were supposed to be radio (friendly) hits, which makes it a lot more accessible than 1kFOF. 

And if you like indie/indie-pop, her older work is definitely also worth listening to. Especially, at least in my opinion, Some People Have Real Problems and We Are Born :). 

Antonio

I prefer TIA

𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

littlepotter

1000FOF and it's not even close, it's an actual album and not a collection of rejects :huntyga:

chaeri pls

codymonster

1000 Forms of Fear. The songs are so haunting. The album touches on physical abuse, suicide, loneliness, and substance abuse. I’m a sucker for a depressing song, and she does them so well and honestly on this album.

Yxilon

This Is Acting might be superior in terms of both composition and production, but 1000 Forms of Fear just hits you deep. Each track is raw emotion, and is Sia's perfect aplomb between her 2000s indie style and TIA's genius pop manufacturing

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

alsemanche

1000FOF obviously 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived