Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Could Judas have gone #1

Louvre

Featured Posts

If Judas had a proper release date and had not been release half a week early due to leaks, could it have become one of Gaga's signature hits and debut at number one on the hot 100?

same with Applause being released early?

rasclautmangos
6 minutes ago, Louvre said:

If Judas had a proper release date and had not been release half a week early due to leaks, could it have become one of Gaga's signature hits and debut at number one on the hot 100?

Yes, Gaga had a lot of could have and should have momnts though. 

FfFfFfFF

No. The sound and theme weren't GP friendly and I'm pretty sure even from a full week the points would've been enough.

The song is great but not GP-friendly.

Arcanum

I can't remember  the exact scheme but I think "Rolling in the deep" was huge at the time. Correct me if I'm wrong tho.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

JINNOCIDE

well it smashed in Brazil :ally:

But I have a feeling that's because people didn't bother to read the words... Brazil is VERY religious

STAN RINA SAWAYAMA

FentyGa

i kinda doubt it. i mean, even in 2020 it would be sorta controversial. the main issue (besides the song itself) was the easter saturday release, but even with all the promo it got and the great video, it only went to #10. i think with a different release date it could’ve gone top 5, but not #1, for sure. deserved it, though

TEANUS

No I don’t think so for Judas. I think if it was gonna take off it would’ve no matter what at that point in her career. 

Applause is a different story. It was definitely thrown off by the KP drama in the media, leaked release (at that time leaks did have more impact cause of purchasing music), rushed release, and the fact that the whole perception of her has a “weirdo” hadn’t quite been handled yet

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Lord Temptation

It’s hard to think that 2011 was almost a decade ago. On the one hand it only seems like yesterday, yet at the same time the world totally feels like a different place. 

I think Judas could have easily nailed a cute top 3, which means Edge of Glory potentially could’ve gone number 1 if it weren’t released so soon after Judas. There was no logic in Judas being the second single at all. Gaga wanted Scheisse and InterFlop should’ve listened.

Applause is harder to speculate. It so easily could’ve stayed at 2 for weeks while Roar was 1, or they could’ve alternated. 2013 was such a mess.

insight
57 minutes ago, Louvre said:

No. 1 - no. More likely No. 7 or 8.

KatieJudasGaga4

Judas is my favorite song, but releasing it during April was a weird choice. TEOG should've been the second single to begin with. It had huge potential.

That being said, if Judas was released later on, it would've debuted higher. It started selling really well in the beginning, but radios weren't on board.

Ally Campana

No. It’s just too controversial. It could’ve if it was released as the lead from BTW. The hype would be enough for it to hit #1. 
TEOG was a sure fire #1 had it been released right after BTW. Why is her team so messy? :bradley:

Does it matter? Damage is done

Archived