Anveeroy

Better Album   

40 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Erotica - Madonna
    • janet. - Janet Jackson

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

The battle is between two iconic albums of all time - Madonna's Erotica and Janet Jackson's 'janet.'. Choose the best one, and explain WHY!?

s-l640.jpgJanet-Jackson-Janet-album-cover-web-opti

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Monsieur D

Both are great albums but I think Erotica is better. 

janet have a lot of amazing songs, "Any place Any time" and "That's The Way Love Goes" >>>> whole careers (Isaidwhatisaid).

Janet's best album is The Velvet Rope, an honest and creative piece of art. 

Both are legends thought :queenga:

RochestrMonstr

Erotica is going to win either way. It seems like there are many more Madonna fans around here than Janet.

But I definitely chose janet. After basically inventing a new genre with Control and refining it on Rhythm Nation, she completely switched gears and released something so sensual and sexual. 

And those ballads are some of the most gorgeous ballads ever written imo. 

If you'd have replaced Janet with her real magnum opus The Velvet Rope, I think it would be impossible for me to decide. But between these two albums, I vote for the one that pushed boundaries, broke taboos and is finally getting the praise it deserves for touching topics no celebrity was talking about 30 years ago. Erotica's message stands till this day.

Stream Why's It So Hard! 

It’s so hard to choose :wtfga:

I personally think they’re equally good. I know it doesn’t answer the question, but Janet. has bops that Erotica doesn’t (Throb, If, That’s the Way Love Goes) and it introduced us to a new Janet but Erotica is a very cohesive album with some great highlights and a powerful message behind it...

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Musicisfreedom

Erotica. I think it is one of Madonna's best albums, as well as just one of the best pop albums ever created. Not only is it way ahead of it's time thematically and sonically, but it also just has a very cold and moody atmosphere that I just adore. And the songs are just amazing. It is in my top three Madonna records quite probably.

Bitch I'm Madonna

Blown Away

Erotica is nice, but Janet is just that album. If, That's The Way Love Goes, Anytime Anyplace, You Want This, Where Are You Now, New Agenda, This Time are all certified bops. You can feel the sensuality through the entire album whereas Erotica misses that sometimes.

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

JusKeepBreathin

I think Janet. beats Erotica but by very little. They are both Iconic albums.  If it were Janet. vs ROL. Ray of Light would win. Erotica is a little choppy and all over the place sonically. It kinda doesn't really know what it wants to be.  Janet is more cohesive. 

I want to make it clear I love the Erotica album. Songs like Erotica and Rain are some of the best of Madonna's career. But do they belong on the same album? IMO, maybe not. Meanwhile songs like Again, If and That's The Way Love Goes all go great together. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Archived