đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga the last ICONIC mainstream pop star?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

LadyxGaGa
7 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

If you have 15 mins, you should watch this!

it didn’t talk about the surgeries tho, also noah fence but that past seems shady af, like why didn’t she tell us she was a rich daddy’s girl? 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThatAsianGuy

Ariana. What I love about her is she keeps on making new music and RELEASING it. Gotta love being a lil monster. I am so tired.Mtv Awards 2019 Whatever GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

LadyxGaGa
2 minutes ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

Ariana. What I love about her is she keeps on making new music and RELEASING it. Gotta love being a lil monster. I am so tired.Mtv Awards 2019 Whatever GIF by MTV Movie & TV Awards

hopefully she can do that without someone dying 

holy scheisse
6 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

it didn’t talk about the surgeries tho, also noah fence but that past seems shady af, like why didn’t she tell us she was a rich daddy’s girl? 

She didn't hide it or tell us about it. People labeled her as this indie queen and that's how celebrity works, you get a reputation and the public defines who you are. She presented art and it was digested and defined without her doing, only to be challenged as more details of her life later emerged.

Gaga claimed to have been self made when her father paid a year's worth of rent in one the most expensive cities to live in the world while she dropped out of an expensive school, abused cocaine, AND hustled her craft. Don't know many popstars who didn't have supportive parents in some form. Billie Eilish was homeschooled and had so much freedom and time and resources from her parents to make music in her house. Lana did the same. And if you watch the video it's clear her father's influence other than supporting her thru advertising connections does not truly amount to anything substantial. Even with advertising, if the product isn't good it won't sell. 

Monster Hair

Gaga is ICONIC, that's a fact but maybe not the latest artist, you know, she has already more than a decade in music... personally i think Dua Lipa is the latest artist with potential to be iconic, i mean her debut album was great but this new era... omg, she's slaying! she deserves a big career!

LadyxGaGa
5 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

She didn't hide it or tell us about it. People labeled her as this indie queen and that's how celebrity works, you get a reputation and the public defines who you are. She presented art and it was digested and defined without her doing, only to be challenged as more details of her life later emerged.

Gaga claimed to have been self made when her father paid a year's worth of rent in one the most expensive cities to live in the world while she dropped out of an expensive school, abused cocaine, AND hustled her craft. Don't know many popstars who didn't have supportive parents in some form. Billie Eilish was homeschooled and had so much freedom and time and resources from her parents to make music in her house. Lana did the same. And if you watch the video it's clear her father's influence other than supporting her thru advertising connections does not truly amount to anything substantial. Even with advertising, if the product isn't good it won't sell. 

right but withholding information is lying in a sense tho, that’s what my mom always told me about how law works. withholding correlates to lying, but it just seems sketchy that in the DIY aspect of it seems to glaze over the connections and the money aspect of it. It’s kind of like Clairo and her bedroom pop

holy scheisse
5 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

right but withholding information is lying in a sense tho, that’s what my mom always told me about how law works. withholding correlates to lying, but it just seems sketchy that in the DIY aspect of it seems to glaze over the connections and the money aspect of it. It’s kind of like Clairo and her bedroom pop

Well idk if she was ever directly asked, "did your father support you?" :cryga: was she? It's not like she was obligated to share that specifically.

no because new ones are popping up plus there are some oldies still doing it and slaying like Rihanna, Beyonce, Shakira (in the global market), P!nk, Taylor Swift, Adele etc... :stalkga: 

LadyxGaGa
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

Well idk if she was ever directly asked, "did your father support you?" :cryga: was she? It's not like she was obligated to share that specifically.

no but that’s why I brought up the DIY aspect of it. it seems weird to ride that train without disclosing that your DIY had connections and money tied to it 

Franz Ferdinand

I mean, ultimately it depends on what you consider iconic. For sure there are a handful of pop artists throughout history that managed to achieve such level of stardom and celebrity that everything they did had an impact beyond just their music (Madonna, MJ, Prince, Janet, Mariah, etc.) so if we're going there, then I would argue that yeah, Gaga is the latest example of that. She's really up there, I mean her influence certainly extends beyond just music. I don't think since Gaga any other artist has managed to achieve a similar level of impact.

LadyxGaGa
2 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

I mean, ultimately it depends on what you consider iconic. For sure there are a handful of pop artists throughout history that managed to achieve such level of stardom and celebrity that everything they did had an impact beyond just their music (Madonna, MJ, Prince, Janet, Mariah, etc.) so if we're going there, then I would argue that yeah, Gaga is the latest example of that. She's really up there, I mean her influence certainly extends beyond just music. I don't think since Gaga any other artist has managed to achieve a similar level of impact.

was Mariah Carey really that iconic in the 90’s? 

Franz Ferdinand
Just now, LadyxGaGa said:

was Mariah Carey really that iconic in the 90’s? 

Yeah. I've never been a fan, but she really was something! Although, I'm not sure about global status, I think she was def iconic in the US and just successful but not iconic elsewhere? 

LadyxGaGa
2 minutes ago, Franz Ferdinand said:

Yeah. I've never been a fan, but she really was something! Although, I'm not sure about global status, I think she was def iconic in the US and just successful but not iconic elsewhere? 

I just didn’t know if she was really that successful? 

Archived