💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga the last ICONIC mainstream pop star?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

LadyxGaGa
1 hour ago, Sumeet said:

She came before gaga 

okay but rihanna has change the makeup game and she is also has the closet #1’s to beating mariah, elvis and the beatles 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse
20 hours ago, dove said:

I think she is. You can't go and say Ariana is... She's popular but not iconic. Gaga is respected by many musicians and has become a global icon and stablished herself as a multi talented artist and musician. I put her next to Michael Jackson, Madonna, etc, only that she's just in the beginning of her reign, but in years to come she'll be placed next to those artists. I can't say the same with Ariana or Rihanna etc. You could say that Ariana is iconic, but amongst kids lol

Rihanna is iconic af, transcends all demographics, has had so many hits, so famous. She might not be as talented as Gaga, but she's iconic and will forever be remembered! :grr:

Ariana is on her way. She's gotta keep growing though, well see how her music and career choices change post peak. Also her ponytail is iconic, and so is her fashion. I read an article on how her stylist worked to establish her brand image with the a frame skirts, cut tops and thigh high boots . And that look has been adopted in mainstream fashion celebrity and civilian alike. Her swt outfits are so influential if you look at the way other stars have been dressing lately. She does challenge the pop industry in that she is pushing the standard on album cycle/release time frames.

Billie is promising but idk how long her dark, mysterious, counter culture vibe will stay interesting. Gaga had that going for her but it eventually faded around ARTPOP time and people lost interest, and she had to reevaluate her trajectory. We'll have to see how she progresses.

Also, there would be no Billie without Lana Del Rey, who is highly underrated and whose influence is so so clear yet unrecognized in TONS of artists (lorde, Halsey, Billie, Taylor Swift even). When BTD dropped part of the cool thing about her music was the incorporation of hip hip/trap influence even with snare percussion, and that's just the norm now. As is the soft spoken quality of her vocals.

Strictly speaking in  M. Jackson Maddona Britney kind of empire, I think Beyonce and Gaga hold the title nowadays. They're both legendaary POP ICONS in their own for sufficient many years.

Thomas P

Actually yes. You can argue artists like Ariana and such are massive, but they’re a new type of pop star. 
Gaga was the last true POP star in the vein of the 80s-2000s. She’ll also never be able to recapture that feel because that’s just not how the world works anymore. It’s no longer about your outfits and performances, but rather your personal life and social media image. 

Other people may become legendary, but there’s never gonna be another ICONIC pop star again. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

LadyxGaGa
5 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

Rihanna is iconic af, transcends all demographics, has had so many hits, so famous. She might not be as talented as Gaga, but she's iconic and will forever be remembered! :grr:

Ariana is on her way. She's gotta keep growing though, well see how her music and career choices change post peak. Also her ponytail is iconic, and so is her fashion. I read an article on how her stylist worked to establish her brand image with the a frame skirts, cut tops and thigh high boots . And that look has been adopted in mainstream fashion celebrity and civilian alike. Her swt outfits are so influential if you look at the way other stars have been dressing lately. She does challenge the pop industry in that she is pushing the standard on album cycle/release time frames.

Billie is promising but idk how long her dark, mysterious, counter culture vibe will stay interesting. Gaga had that going for her but it eventually faded around ARTPOP time and people lost interest, and she had to reevaluate her trajectory. We'll have to see how she progresses.

Also, there would be no Billie without Lana Del Rey, who is highly underrated and whose influence is so so clear yet unrecognized in TONS of artists (lorde, Halsey, Billie, Taylor Swift even). When BTD dropped part of the cool thing about her music was the incorporation of hip hip/trap influence even with snare percussion, and that's just the norm now. As is the soft spoken quality of her vocals.

quick question tho about Lana what would you recommend I listen to, I loved her first album and would die on that hill but besides NFR I haven’t listened to much of her stuff. I just didn’t like whenever they stuff about her getting surgeries and the stuff about her dad getting out she didn’t seem to own to it. like who cares if your dad helped you out who cares it you didn’t like the way you looked just own up to it

EtherealDreams
7 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

quick question tho about Lana what would you recommend I listen to, I loved her first album and would die on that hill but besides NFR I haven’t listened to much of her stuff. I just didn’t like whenever they stuff about her getting surgeries and the stuff about her dad getting out she didn’t seem to own to it. like who cares if your dad helped you out who cares it you didn’t like the way you looked just own up to it

Her whole discography tbh :flower:

Spoiler

BTD, Paradise, HM > LFL >> NFR imo :reductive:

Life imitates art.

JazzGa
1 hour ago, Talenti said:

Uh... why has no one mentioned Bey, Rihanna, Taylor, or Adele???:koons:

Cuz they all started before Gaga, so they can be "iconic mainstream pop stars" but Gaga would be the "last"

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

holy scheisse
19 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

If you've only heard BTD and NFR (her 2 best albums tbh along with LFL), I recommend the following:

Ultraviolence: West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Black Beauty, Old Money

Honeymoon: Music To Watch Boys To, High By The Beach, Art Deco, Swan Song

Lust For Life: Lust For Life, In My Feelings,  When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, Heroin

(**I really love LFL for capturing the apocalyptic vibe in post Trump America**)

And yeah there was controversy about her "authenticity". Her father did help her and funded her (much like Gaga) but she put the work in. She moved to a trailer park community  in New Jersey and worked on lots of music before even BTD which you can still find tons of. She's never had writers and she created LDR image much like Stefani created Gaga, so it's authentic artifice. But at the end of the day, she has such strong songwriting skills bordering on poetry and NFR is amazingly the crux of it ~10 years into her career 

LadyxGaGa
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

If you've only heard BTD and NFR (her 2 best albums tbh along with LFL), I recommend the following:

Ultraviolence: West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Black Beauty, Old Money

Honeymoon: Music To Watch Boys To, High By The Beach, Art Deco, Swan Song

Lust For Life: Lust For Life, In My Feelings,  When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing, Heroin

And yeah there was controversy about her "authenticity". Her father did help her and funded her, but she put the work in. She moved to a trailer park community  in New Jersey and worked on lots of music before even BTD which you can still find tons of. She's never had writers and she created LDR image much like Stefani created Gaga, so it's authentic artifice. But at the end of the day, she has such strong songwriting skills bordering on poetry and NFR is amazingly the crux of it ~10 years into her career 

why did she move to a trailer park? lol that sounds like faux fake poor persona but why didn’t she wanna own the daddy’s girl image? also did she get work done 

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

why did she move to a trailer park? lol that sounds like faux fake poor persona but why didn’t she wanna own the daddy’s girl image? also did she get work done 

If you have 15 mins, you should watch this!

Also she does own the daddy's lil girl image but in an entirely different meaning of daddy :laughga:

Tbh yes. No other artist since her debut has touches the power she had during 2009-2012 sales, charts, fashion and media vise.

Archived