💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jake Paul’s Anxiety Tweet Gone Viral

COOOK

Featured Posts

Regina George
3 hours ago, jasperhallo said:

The first thing you do is saying that he’s lying. You making this whole tweet about yourself. It’s just a nice message in general. 

Because he is lying lmao. Everyone who suffers from anxiety disorder will tell you that talking to your friends or “taking chances” won’t help you unfortunately. This is making the real issue sound ridiculous. 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryhanna
Just now, ReginaGeorge said:

Because he is lying lmao. Everyone who suffers from anxiety disorder will tell you that talking to your friends or “taking chances” won’t help you unfortunately. This is making the real issue sound ridiculous. 

It's oversimplifying a legitimate mental health issue.

I feel like a lot of people equate anxiety or depression with being nervous or sad, when in actuality that's not it. Everyone gets nervous and sad. Anxiety and depression are like a colossal amplification of those feelings that doesn't go away and manifests itself in many ways that are difficult to deal with or even recognise. 

Jake's tweet is fine if you're nervous or sad, not suffering anxiety or depressed. 

jasperhallo
6 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Well, then we both see it different. 

KingRedd
5 hours ago, likeitrough said:

i did say "i understand that the things that he suggested work for some people". 

him making a type of blanket statement on treatment for anxiety (go for a walk, chill out) is just not cool. 

there's such a stigma against mental illness (and accompanying professional treatment, meds, therapy, etc) that suggesting a refreshing walk as an end-all cure is unhelpful and unsafe. 

And my point still stands... just because there are extreme cases of anxiety that his suggestion won’t help doesn’t mean the suggestion is belittling your situation. People have to stop thinking everything and every statement has to fit their specific need. I’m black and normal hair products don’t work on ME, but does that mean they can’t market themselves to people it does help and work on? No! Weird analogy but that’s how it works. People look for everything to fit or aide everyone and that’s not realistic. I have and had even worse depression and anxiety. Panic attacks out of nowhere, can’t breathe, stayed in bed for weeks, didn’t eat. It sucked but my shrink first told me that it would be a long process but learning to regain power over my thoughts and mind was the long term goal. And I did all of that without the use of pills or medicine. It takes conditioning. Losing weight takes months to years and so does healing yourself. It’s not an instant fix. His coping mechanisms do work over time and they do help. Maybe not for all but for me it surely did. Now no one can tell me and others like me that we can’t give that same advice to others suffering. 

May I Read You? 😎

audrey horne

I really wish it was that simple.

I can understand that some people are just trying to help or give advice on mental health diagnosis but it really takes years of professional help, medication and strong support, ONLY to make lives bearable.

Archived