Why was dope even on ARTPOP

RenegAde

Featured Posts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RahrahWitch
21 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I agree the message is amazing but  the question here is does it sound as amazing?

To me yes, IWBWY is a kind of generic love song, It it is a more grand musically but Dope with Its message, the music being so raw and focusing more on just Gaga alone is better imo.

Suspiria
22 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

I am going to guess that the record label told her that a song about being famous and wanting to be with your fans is not relatable/maudlin/won't sell. They probably pressured her to re-write it and make it more relatable, so she made it about addiction and love.  I think it's kind of cool that Gaga invited two fans/monsters to help her re-write the lyrics

Really? That's cool. Any more information about that? I never knew about it.

2School4Cool

I don’t know if I can choose between Dope and IWBWY, but both are absolute masterpieces in my opinion. Dope is still a brilliant song and the rawness of her vocals add a nice touch to the ARTPOP album.

See The Best In Everyone

Battle 4 Ur Life

Thank you for bringing attention to one of Gaga’s masterpieces.

I Wanna Be With You is a total different song. Dope took it to the next level.

You just are unable to grasp the level of meaning and emotion put into it. It’s not Dope, it’s you. sorry not even sorry.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Defmix100
1 hour ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Gaga said somewhere it's because her label thought a song about her fans wasn't relatable enough for the album so she had to put another one instead

I thought it was the opposite? that the label really liked IWBWY because Adele's ballads were really popular and so Gaga changed it to spite them

Imagine hating on Dope and in the same sentence praise I Wanna Tragic Demo With U 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

holy scheisse

Dope could've borrowed more from its original version, production wise I think. But dope is actually a very good song you just need to be in a certain mood to fully appreciate and enjoy it I think

Animal Claws

Y'all don't have taste

I Wanna Be With You has everything that Dope hasn't.

The guitar's part take you to another universe :legend:

Didymus

"Dope doesn't even fit with the theme of ARTPOP and always seems out of place imo"

:rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip: :rip:

Someone needs to think a bit more about what the album is trying to say.

RenegAde

Im over here listening to the HQ verison of IWBWY i just downloaded  on repeat after i deleted dope .:oops:

While y'all  stay pressedT and giving me over 20 sad reactions:enigma:

Just now, RenegAde said:

Im over here listening to the HQ verison of IWBWY i just downloaded  on repeat after i deleted dope .:oops:

While y'all  stay pressedT and giving me over 20 sad reactions:enigma:

Sad reactions matter for sh!t tho :sharon:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

RenegAde
38 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Imagine hating on Dope and in the same sentence praise I Wanna Tragic Demo With U 

You tried  but dope sounds like the demo tbh:oops:

Archived