đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

NikkieTutorials shades Ellen

Varys

Featured Posts

Emigrante
7 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I swear, if I hear one more GGD hunty says that our language is that ugly German language I-...

angry table throw GIF

Well but you don't have to offend German language. :selena:

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys you are all overlooking this. 

the interviewer asked Nikkie what the difference was between an American talk show and a Dutch show. She wanted to choose one media outlet to tell her side of the story. Unfortunately she didn’t experience it as she expected it therefore she went to this Dutch tv show to set some things straight. Also she was not answering the question fully because she did not want to drag the Ellen show.

She only gave this simple example of having backstage interaction because she wanted to state the difference between an American show and a Dutch show. 

It’s not even that big of a deal. 

Jonathanholland
58 minutes ago, Red said:

Okay, even if Ellen’s wasn’t that great of an experience, it also isn’t nice of Nikkie to say that, Ellen gave her a huge platform to speak about her coming out and the interview was quite good :awkney:

She wasn't rude or anything. Nikkie obviously didn't want to talk about it in detail, but the presenter kept asking her about her experience. She just stated she liked the warm and accessible style of Dutch presenters more then what she experienced at Ellen. That doesn't mean she wasn't thrilled to meet Ellen and tell her story there. I don't think what she said was shade really, just an observation. 

Also keep in mind that Nikkie's coming out had a big impact on her and the transcommunity. She probably felt a connection with Ellen since she has been an LGBT icon for years. I thinks she wanted to chat a little with Ellen about her experience but Ellen just didn't give her that much attention. That must have been a little dissapointing for her. 

Before there was love, there was silence

Dutch really sounds like broken German :laughga:

OT: She's so freaking beautiful and she was throwing just enough shade to not sound mean or ungrateful. Classy queen :vegas:

WhiteWitch
4 hours ago, SKANK said:

The Ellen bandwagon hate is so weird, so misguided, so sad.

When Ellen came out, she lost her money, her career, everything. Her sitcom was suddenly considered seedy, and had an "adult content" warning slapped on it. She lost her sponsors. The president of ABC said it was "too much" for public to see a gay woman every week on TV. There were full page ads in magazines accusing her of being an affront to the decency of our country. She received bomb threats. Just for being on her show Laura Dern almost lost her career, and Oprah received death threats for the first time. The Right labeled her "Ellen Degenerate," the NYT accused her of rubbing her sexuality in America's face, and even Elton said she was "too gay." She was the butt of every joke. She was treated like ****, by everyone, for being gay.

If that experience hardened her, and made her bitter, and unkind, I completely understand that. If she is able to set that bitterness aside and preach publicly about the value of kindness, when so little was showed to her? More power to her.

When someone comes out in 2020 they get to go on a positive PR tour and complain because a talk show host didn't give them enough one-on-one time. They don't have to become a reviled pervert who looses their income and social standing. Thank Ellen for that.

Elton John almost lost his career when he came out too. So if anything it goes to show that the argument you are making says nothing about their current personalities. I don’t have an opinion about them personally, but it could be that Ellen has become more jaded recently. I actually get that vibe from Gaga too recently. 

• 1 month later...
Taylucifer

If you are unaware a lot of people have been coming at Ellen lately saying she isn't as kind as she preaches about being and all that.

WELL NikkieTutorials was just on a Dutch talk show, De Wereld Draait Door (The World Keeps Turning) where she shaded Ellen and agreed with the host saying Ellen's show's backstage prep was a bit more cold and distant. She also said “Well let’s just say there is a huge difference between this show and Ellen Degeneres’s, and I’m saying that in favor of [The World Keeps Turning],” (translated by YouTuber Sebastian Williams). 

Yikes, what do y'all think?

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

TimisaMonster

Well... :oops:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

sillynate

I used to have this sugar daddy back in 2014 who was a stunt coordinator for AAA movies and he knew I loved watching Ellen. He got mad at me once (for reasons) and he said “well when you’re famous, you’re gonna be real f**king disappointed when you go on the Ellen show” :reductive:

GagaXCollection
3 minutes ago, sillynate said:

I used to have this sugar daddy back in 2014 who was a stunt coordinator for AAA movies and he knew I loved watching Ellen. He got mad at me once (for reasons) and he said “well when you’re famous, you’re gonna be real f**king disappointed when you go on the Ellen show” :reductive:

Sugar daddy??

giphy.gif

ladygagaxcollection.com

beaublue

I mean... it IS a well known fact that the rest of the world seems oblivious to but it is what it is. She’s not harming anyone so who cares if she isn’t this “constantly ecstatic all the time to meet people’s perceptions” type of person?

Gagolito

Not surprised. Ellen is the kind of person who would pressure a pregnant woman to drink champagne.

Maleficent

ellen has always rubbed me the wrong way. especially when she asked  saoirse ronan if she was a virgin. her comedy is belittling her guests and audience and i’m not here for it. 

face it, if a guest in our homes said the things ellen said, we’d never invite them over again. 

Ellen has no moral compass, and feigns her sexuality for press at this point. It's so sad, she used to be an icon even getting kicked off air for coming out, but her show is just constantly making fun of audience members or her guests in a "lighthearted" way that really rubs me differently.

Don't want your jewels, want your drugs

Archived