Featured Posts

bloody g

it's very good although you can tell it's a bit last minute

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheSlash

I think if she used less songs, it would've been amazing, but this way it was scratching the surface but not entirely succeeding :shrug: .

Ew, David!

Economy
2 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I liked bits of it, like the face projections. But, the whole Intel thing was so hyped and we got.. a moving keyboard :toofunny:

Yeah the hype I think is part of what ruined it. I set the bar so high with expectations with all the commercials they were doing that I was left disapointed :madge:

Looking back without the hype it wasn't that bad tho

But the medley stuffed too many songs in my opinion that's maybe the only thing.

No.   Imo, the idea that it was messy was spread by haters.  The hype was messy, not the performance.

I live outside the space time continuum.

It had great potential, but when you rush sh*t, you get what we got.

bates motel rihanna GIF by A&E

Still innovative, and she served vocals and talent, as she always does. What had even more potential, and would have been spectacular, as it was actually planned and rehearsed longer, was the original concept. But what’s done is done. Thank you, next. 

Joshie S

In my opinion it perfectly tributes Bowie.

He was always a forward thinker and using different performance art in his shows, and I think tributing him while using Intel technology that was debuted was exactly the sort of thing Bowie would do.

Part of the recording/backdrop actually malfunctioned during the performance, so I think we missed out on some of the extra things the show had to offer.

With Gaga being a huge Bowie fan, I think she just wanted to honour him the best she could and with as many songs as she could to make the performance as joy and energy filled as she could, because that's how Bowie lived his life.

Some said there was no emotion from Gaga? I- ...that's so silly, her emotion is literally pouring through the camera.

It's a great performance and very touching.

As others say though... if only we could have witnessed what the was originally planning.....

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

Mediocre is a better word. I think her emotions got in the way of her vocals and performing. Also the Intel wasn’t needed for this. 

Katsuki Bakugo

The only thing messy was Bowie’s son being rude about Gaga afterwards.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

PartySick

I wish we could have seen the planned performance with Intel but I like the Bowie tribute too :flutter:

It's actually why I started to listen to some of his music :flutter:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

PunkTheFunk

Gaga gave an excellent performance as usual, but for a tribute for someone who just died it did feel a bit cheesy and over the top at times. I can understand why some of his fans felt the way they did about it.

If you ignore the hype component, then it's a great medley. She was on top of her game. The vocals, the performing, the stage presence, the musicianship were all top notch. There are only a few artists capable of doing something like this.

My only issue is the crammed too many songs in there and I didn't like her look. She didn't need to dress like a drag queen version of Bowie.

She got a well deserved standing ovation at the end.

5 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Imo it doesn’t hold a candle to Lorde’s tribute at the Brits, but it certainly wasn’t bad. She sounded AMAZING, and the look was a serve. The Intel stuff was the only meh part.

I understand that this was mainly due to the fact that the original LG5 rollout was supposed to start at the Grammys, and the Bowie tribute was super last minute, but I think that Gaga made the performance a little too much about her if that makes sense. 

Lorde's tribute? Where? :rip:

Lorde did a performance/cover. 

What Gaga did was an actual tribute, she learned choreo etc. 

This is a tribute:

Lorde's cover was cute tho :golfclap:

I just wish it wasn’t a medley and that she’d done a one song cover (not Heroes) of a lesser known but great Bowie song. Hell, even some of Black Star like Dollar Days which I think would have been a very classy and tasteful and somber.

I don’t think it was bad, just okay. Medleys are not easy anyway and Bowie has such a diverse catalog making it even harder.

Archived