Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Sweet but Psycho triggers mental health groups

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

The song lyrics have been criticized by several mental health advocates for stigmatizing mental illnesses such as psychosis and psychopathy. Alim Kheraj of The Daily Telegraph stated that it "boasts lyrics akin to clickbait, perjoratively using terms such as "psycho" and "crazy" to evoke a sentiment that seems starkly at odds with the recent progress the music industry has made in how mental health is discussed."

Courtney Smyth didn't specifically target Max, but claimed that "all the people involved in making that song, the writers who collaborated and wrote the lyrics and composed the music all had a duty to think about whether portraying a woman as dangerous, fun and likely to cut your clothes up (hello, misogynistic stereotypes) has a place in the music scene in 2018. I don’t think it does." She singled out feminist artists such as Ariana Grandereleasing songs such as "Thank U, Next" to reduce the stigma of mental illness. In January 25, 2019, the UK's Zero Suicide Alliance sent out an open letter, condemning the song's lyrics of "perpetuating existing stereotypes" that further stigmatize the illness, as well as attempts by Irish mental health organizations to ban the song from radio airplay in Ireland.

In response to the accusations, Max denied the claims in an interview with Vanity Fair:

It’s all play-pretend. It’s like, well, guys think we actually are [psycho]...It’s mocking. It’s all gaslighting. Guys like to gaslight us, and it’s not cool. And it happens so much; it’s happened to me in relationships. It‘s happened to me where I have been cheated on, and I felt so sad and angry, like it wasn’t my fault, but that was because the person was gaslighting me into thinking it was my fault. At first, people think I’m actually calling them psycho, but then it’s a deeper meaning. And obviously the music video is very drastic, and I want theatrics. I want to give people a show and an experience. And every music video is gonna be an experience for you guys, and I definitely want you to see the real message behind it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_but_Psycho

They don’t call her the New Queen of Controversy for nothing.

Thoughts?

Bubblegum Bitch

No, please. I can't with this world. :nooo: People are too sensitive and they want to find bad things everywhere. :nooo:

Gaga Swine performance on SXSW is offensive for people who suffers bulimia, Sweet but Psycho triggers mental health groups. :nooo:

Glamourpuss
9 minutes ago, TheSlash said:

Waiting for party-goers to be offended by Billie's "when the party's over" :neyde:

They were offended when she said "yikes" about a dress made of meat.  :enigma:

TheSlash
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

They were offended when she - a vegan - said "yikes" about a dress made of meat.  :enigma:

I added the sad part of that story to it :vegas:  :enigma:

Ew, David!

Any person who actually has ASPD won't give a flying **** about this nonsense. Come up with something else.

𝐢 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭

Lighter
8 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

They were offended when she said "yikes" about a dress made of meat.  :enigma:

Lidd0s queens of being offended

thatfoxyfeeling

What happened to Ava Max? I remember the gays saying she's the next Gaga, where is she? :oprah:

FlopSlurper
1 minute ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

What happened to Ava Max? I remember the gays saying she's the next Gaga, where is she? :oprah:

someone lied to them several times

Bubblegum Bitch
5 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

She's working on her new album. #2020RadioIsHer. :sis:

thatfoxyfeeling
Just now, Trillion Reasons said:

She's working on her new album. #2020RadioIsHer. :sis:

But hasn't she released like 4 singles since SBS and they all flopped? :oprah:

hotnpsychoxxx
24 minutes ago, THATFoxyFeeling said:

Just don't know why she is flopping, she releases bop after bop

Archived