Wendy Williams Apologizes

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

Transphobia and homophobia arise out of ignorance though. Ignorance is not really something you can "forgive", it's just something to correct, no? :oprah:Ā 

I never got this trend of accusing people of simply not knowing better. I know these are sensitive issues but that doesn't change anything, really. People aren't to blame for not knowing better...

I know that may sound like I'm some lameĀ pacifist but I think what many people forget is that when we stop "forgiving" and trying to educate others, we're just living in a bubble of our own making, talking to likeminded people and congratulating ourselves on our wisdom and progressiveness, while not making any meaningful impact in the world. It's exactly the people whoĀ don'tĀ agree with us that we need to be interacting with.

Her wording was terrible but I do think she thought what she said was empowering to women. That should be acknowledged imo before then correcting her other problematic statements. But making her out to be this villain who doesn't deserve our forgiveness achieves... I don't know, what does it achieve?

Hopefully a decline in her careerĀ 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Didymus
1 minute ago, Dominic said:

Hopefully a decline in her careerĀ 

I mean, I'd like to see this "oooh guuurl she spilled some tea!!!" gossip magazine style of "entertainment" to come to an end too, ngl. But I feel like that's a different subject and it doesn't really have to do with Wendy making the remark that she did.

I could be wrong though. I dunno, I guess I'm just more interested in discussing why what she said was actually interesting. But maybe I'm giving her too much credit, I don't know :air:Ā I don't know her show that well. But I will say I find her show, being a weird combination of comedy (presented as reality) and news reporting (on useless subjects), very awkward and unhealthy.

myluis617

At least she apologized people should move on. Now days you get attacked for trying to Right your wrongs too.Ā 

Dominic
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

I mean, I'd like to see this "oooh guuurl she spilled some tea!!!" gossip magazine style of "entertainment" to come to an end too, ngl. But I feel like that's a different subject and it doesn't really have to do with Wendy making the remark that she did.

I could be wrong though. I dunno, I guess I'm just more interested in discussing why what she said was actually interesting. But maybe I'm giving her too much credit, I don't know :air:Ā I don't know her show that well. But I will say I find her show, being a weird combination of comedy (presented as reality) and news reporting (on useless subjects), very awkward and unhealthy.

This is a woman who supposedly prides herself on her LGBT fans. In that single speech she managed to be transphobic, homophobic and sexist. Shes in her 50s, she has worked alongside gay men for years, she will let them do her make up, her hair, produce her shows, fetchĀ her coffee but wearing shoes? Heaven forbid. She's not stupid, she really thought she was doing something with that speech and it backfired. Her apology is just damage control, it's the standard.Ā 

Didymus
7 minutes ago, Dominic said:

This is a woman who supposedly prides herself on her LGBT fans. In that single speech she managed to be transphobic, homophobic and sexist. Shes in her 50s, she has worked alongside gay men for years, she will let them do her make up, her hair, produce her shows, fetchĀ her coffee but wearing shoes? Heaven forbid. She's not stupid, she really thought she was doing something with that speech and it backfired. Her apology is just damage control, it's the standard.Ā 

I get you and totally respect your pov but I don't think there's a way we can know if her apology was sincere or not. But hey, tough world. People's careers get destroyed for less. I won't cry if this ruins Wendy's career (it won't).

But yeah, I just believe there's a difference between putting someone on tv and paying them for spouting their dramatic opinions and sitting themĀ down over a cup of coffee and really asking them what they think.Ā That said, she directly contributed to a culture which is the opposite of that, so it's kind of a reap what you sow situationĀ :smh:Ā Ā 

I don't know, buddy. Celebrities are weird.

1 hour ago, Dominic said:

Stay woke then. If you can forgive transphobia and homophobia then just do you. Just dont bring it here.Ā 

Holding grudges does nothing for you. Life experience will teach you to forgive.Ā 

pachinko
2 hours ago, Didymus said:

I'm satisfied. Most celebs just tweet an apology nowadays or let their assistant write up some long post on Instagram. This takes more effort, and more courage, and I believe her when she says she's more interested in "living and letting live" than forcing her personal opinion onto her audience.

We've all said stuff we didn't really mean because we had a platform and were feeling sassy. I'm not gonna "cancel" her because of this.

Didy, your recent opinions / posts are all against my beliefs. You go on hiatus and come back a changed man. Do me bc opposites attract!Ā Ā :gaysia:

Dominic
16 minutes ago, Eggsy said:

Holding grudges does nothing for you. Life experience will teach you to forgive.Ā 

Ā Deal with it :shrug:

2 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

ā€œIfĀ youā€™re a man and youā€™re clapping, youā€™re not even a part of this. You donā€™t understand the rules of the day. Itā€™sĀ women going out and getting saucy and then going home. Youā€™re not a part,ā€ she said.

ā€œI donā€™t care if youā€™re gay. You donā€™t get a [menstruation] every 28 days,ā€Ā Williams added.Ā ā€œYou can do a lot that we do, but I get offended by the idea that we go through something you will never go through.ā€

ā€œAnd stop wearing our skirts and our heels,ā€Ā she continued, referencing theĀ trend of gender fluid fashion, made popular by stars like Billy Porter.Ā ā€œJust saying, girls, what do we have for ourselves?ā€.

Ā Nah, she deserved to ****ing apologise for that. I'm shook.

The gag is men were the first gender to wear skirts, hundreds of years ago. Or at least, they used to wear it back then

Goodtimes12128

She should have posted an Instagram story with an apology instead of posting a video. It worked for CamilaĀ :laughga:

RahrahWitch

And She'll go back to saying some ignorant stuff in a few weeks.

She has old fashion views on Gender and can't seem to grasp the concept of things like a dress not being tied to one in specific, It just being a piece of fabric. You don't need a peen or vjayjay to wear it.

JusKeepBreathin

I want to say I am so over her. This isn't about cancel culture either. She has made mistake after mistake. She been given chance after chance. I just think she likes the attention and did it just for that reason.Ā 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

I forgive herĀ :vegas:

Wendy LOVES the gays, though she isn't very educated on what goes on in our circles, or the type of political correctness many of the younger gen of gays live by.Ā 

She is anĀ organic gay icon, meaning she has never had to pander to any of us or directly participate in our culture. She IS our culture, at least on aĀ surface level. Her personality is authentically messy (which the gays love) -Ā her passion is pop culture (which the gays love) - she is outspoken and shady (which the gays love).

AND most importantly, -Ā not sure if this controversial -Ā but the majority of gay cultural trendsĀ (lingo, especially) stem from BLACK WOMEN CULTURE. There is often hostility from black women towards us because we fail to acknowledge that. Yes, homophobia is never acceptable, but weĀ should start giving them more credit.

So yeah, even if Wendy hadn't apologized, us gheys would still have run back to her in a couple weeks like we always do, because Wendy was born a gay icon and will remain that way for the rest of time.Ā 

RAMROD

In the words of Rihanna, "Please, just cut it out! Don't tell me you're sorry cos you're not! When we know you're sorry cos you got caught!"Ā :triggered:

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

Archived