Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

There is nothing impressive about Billie, but...

Quark

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

When she did that video, Magnets, with Disclosure, some people were rather put out by the more sexual image she was projecting in the video when she'd never done anything remotely like this before. And when her music took on a more mainstream edge with Green Light, her fans were questioning if she was selling out. Melodrama sold nowhere near as well as her debut and she had no proper hits from it and is now widely regarded as a one hit wonder. It's like people thought she changed a bit too much. She didn't really, I do think she made a smooth transition but the public can be very steadfast when it comes to how they want artists to be and they can be very reluctant to change.

Not just the public. I'll take this site for example. If Gaga doesn't do what people think she should be doing artistically. People get butt hurt.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LadyxGaGa
On 2/14/2020 at 3:13 AM, FfFfFfFF said:

I think there is nothing impressive about Billie period.

but what makes her to underwhelming? is it her stage performance? her vocal style? her songs in general? 

LadyxGaGa

I just genuinely don’t get what is wrong with Billie? Like besides people’s opinion on her style, vocal style, music style, etc etc. that’s fine to have your own opinion. but as a new pop girl she is the IT girl rn, look at the way interscope is working with her, they really want her to be one of their top tier artist. She isn’t taking long breaks between albums or songs, the videos are coming with the songs. Like I get she isn’t your thing but the way she is handling her craft and giving her fans what they want in terms of just having something new. she is on top of it. You don’t have to like her in any sense. But at least she is working her ass off to give her FANS what they want

On 2/14/2020 at 3:59 AM, funkyhaus said:

tea GIF

I just mean in the sense that people are hyping Billie up (comparable to Gaga this time 10 years ago), I just don’t see Billie holding onto people’s interest in the way our Gags has :ally:

Because she ain't Lady Gaga, nor does she have her talent or fashion sense.

giskardsb
On 2/14/2020 at 11:08 PM, NCgaga said:

The girl is talented. Vocally she has good placement and usage of runs and vibrato. Especially for an 18 year old. Her musical style is a mixture of Lana and Lorde. 

THAT BEING SAID- I feel her voice is very forced. Meaning, she is singing at a constant surpressed volume. She sings with technique but no volume- and the vocal volume is down purposefully to stylize her voice. I want her to break away from that and just sing out but I feel she is being pushed to have a certain style vocally. She is able to sing out- there is a video of her singing “Fallen” by Alicia Keys. Record companies push for individuality when it comes to voice- more so than talent. They want the voice to be a product- and the more ther consumer can connect with or identify the voice, the more likely it will make money. 

Billie stylized her voice herself.  She said she wanted to move away from her influences and do her own thing. 

FfFfFfFF
9 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

but what makes her to underwhelming? is it her stage performance? her vocal style? her songs in general? 

I don't watch or care about live performances too much to be honest so Ihave no opinion on them.

It's her songs and their weak melodies and instrumentals. They are just all so muffled and whispery. While the songs don't scream ''bad'' per se I find them unpleasant and unsatisfactory. This, combined with her attitude and overhypying from a public that sleeps on so many better artists (cough cough) and recently her fans makes me dislike her.

The more this site will push and guilt me more into loving her, the more I'll dislike her. 

Antichrist

it's all about personal preference. i don't like her at all, in fact i think most of her songs are a reprise of 2000s emo feelings, but that still doesn't mean the girl doesn't have talent (whether her own, her voice, or the people who made her become big). it's a great combo of sorts of things, and why shouldn't she be allowed to enjoy it?

she does great with the creativity she has. and there is no reason why she shouldn't potentialize it to the fullest & enjoy it.

LadyxGaGa
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I don't watch or care about live performances too much to be honest so Ihave no opinion on them.

It's her songs and their weak melodies and instrumentals. They are just all so muffled and whispery. While the songs don't scream ''bad'' per se I find them unpleasant and unsatisfactory. This, combined with her attitude and overhypying from a public that sleeps on so many better artists (cough cough) and recently her fans makes me dislike her.

The more this site will push and guilt me more into loving her, the more I'll dislike her. 

lol no one is guilting you sis, we just want thorough explanations lol

and I don’t get the public overhyping her, like the act of overhyping an artist? and the subjective view of “better” varies from person to person so just saying to say one artist is better than another and that’s the fault on the general population, shouldn’t have a factor in what makes an artist good or not. 

But I respect your opinion on her music and whatnot. She isn’t for everybody, including you and that is fine, I guess I just don’t want to see people drag her for the simple merit that she is on top. But that comes with being on top I guess

LadyxGaGa
9 minutes ago, Rio said:

okay no one is lady gaga, like what a moot observation and take on that, they are different people doesn’t mean one is less than the other 

FfFfFfFF
Just now, LadyxGaGa said:

lol no one is guilting you sis, we just want thorough explanations lol

and I don’t get the public overhyping her, like the act of overhyping an artist? and the subjective view of “better” varies from person to person so just saying to say one artist is better than another and that’s the fault on the general population, shouldn’t have a factor in what makes an artist good or not. 

But I respect your opinion on her music and whatnot. She isn’t for everybody, including you and that is fine, I guess I just don’t want to see people drag her for the simple merit that she is on top. But that comes with being on top I guess

You aren't guilting me but there are people that try to, trust me. :rip: The amount of posts of people deflecting and saying that she is vegan and a teenager and all of that, also that she did her album in the bathroom. Like, if I don't enjoy the album it could've been made anywhere but the quality in the final product is the same.

They are overhyping her because act like she is a musical revelation and the Second Coming while she is just not.. Her music is mediocre but the bling and image attracts I guess. 

I enjoy all sorts of music styles and like experimental music, it's not this that is pushing me back from liking her music.

To sum up, it's not the fact that she is on top, is the fact that she doesn't deserve to be there. 

Y’all bizarre and corny making whole threads to basically talk s*** about someone. Just don’t pay her attention if you don’t like her, sheesh.

Also, everyone coming in saying she’s no Gaga...duh. She’s not trying to be either lol or that her brother is the brains...people said the same ish about Gaga. Chillax and just live and let live. She’s doing her thing and seems happy doing it.

Lilmonzter

It's about perception

Different types of people react differently to art

But 

I liked the new song it was a slow burn the production is great and her soft vocals are fantastic 

Sing C'est la vie 

19 minutes ago, Rio said:

Who cares this isn't some contest, I choose to like both, and will continue to do so.

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Y’all bizarre and corny making whole threads to basically talk s*** about someone. Just don’t pay her attention if you don’t like her, sheesh.

Also, everyone coming in saying she’s no Gaga...duh. She’s not trying to be either lol or that her brother is the brains...people said the same ish about Gaga. Chillax and just live and let live. She’s doing her thing and seems happy doing it.

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

You're allowed to dislike her just as much as I am to like her. At least you do it respectful. A lot on here do not.

Archived