Stefani Tee
politics

Bernie Sanders Calls Out His Out Of Order Supporters

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Thursday encouraged supporters of all campaigns to refrain from online attacks following the Nevada Culinary Workers Union's allegations of online harassment from Sanders supporters over its disagreement with his health care plan.

“Harassment of all forms is unacceptable to me, and we urge supporters of all campaigns not to engage in bullying or ugly personal attacks,” Sanders, a front-runner in the Democratic primary race, said. “Our campaign is building a multi-generational, multi-racial movement of love, compassion, and justice. We can certainly disagree on issues, but we must do it in a respectful manner.”

Sources:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/13/nevada-culinary-union-will-not-endorse-in-2020-democratic-primary.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/sanders-seeks-smooth-nevada-union-tensions-rivals-pounce-n1136451

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483052-sanders-addresses-allegations-of-harassment-from-culinary-union

BernieBros, y'all hear that? Your dad is talking U.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRiiVFbPZwpe3-uHaz7ZcK

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Until ♥ It ♥ Burns ♥ Out ♥
  • Like 6
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Ladey Gaygay

You realize generalizing a group of people based on maybe one encounter is stereotyping right?

𝖎 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖌𝖚𝖞𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖚𝖌𝖘
  • Like 9
  • Love 1

weed

lol wow it's almost like calling all monsters horrible people or smth! i'm glad he spoke out only to shut up the people saying "bernie can stop them!!!1"

• Like 1

TimisaMonster

People get really stupid when it comes to fan bases...whether it's politics, music, business, etc...

Hardcore people don't know how to act honestly...

• Like 2

Robo Ga

Ok I am not a Bernie supporter generally, but MAJOR respect to him for saying this because I do think it will have an impact. Unification of the democratic party is absolutely essential or else Trump WILL win. 

Bust the rearview and fire up the jets, 'cause it's you and me
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

M Monstre
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

When he acts like this, I sometimes doubt he will win against Trump

Acts like what exactly?

• Like 3

M Monstre
11 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Ok I am not a Bernie supporter generally, but MAJOR respect to him for saying this because I do think it will have an impact. Unification of the democratic party is absolutely essential or else Trump WILL win. 

That goes the other way around too. If you want unification, you need to be prepared to unite against any  of the Democratic candidates. 

The reason why so many "Bernie bros" are very passionate about this is because the mainstream media and every other campaign has touted that Bernie will never be "electable" or that Bernie will never get the support he needs to win. Well, he won New Hampshire and he and Pete virtually tied in Iowa.

Unification means that people from the mainstream media and other campaigns need to realize that if Bernie wins, that they need to do their part and fall behind the candidate (like how they say we should all fall in line if it's Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, etc.). 

Edited by M Monstre
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

ItsTommyBitch

He's already done this before :emma: He doesnt need to keep saying it tbh, the point of perpetuating Bernie Bro stereotype is to demean people and his movement, not to be truthful.

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 13
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 2

Married the Night

I actually applaud this. This is the kind of stuff I like to see. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

reysus
5 minutes ago, ItsTommyBitch said:

He's already done this before :emma: He doesnt need to keep saying it tbh, the point of perpetuating Bernie Bro stereotype is to demean people and his movement, not to be truthful.

Agreed, as a woman it's very demeaning when some pundits act like being a Bernie supporter makes you a 'bro', implying that it's in my best interest to stay away and support Warren or someone else.

• Like 5

ItsTommyBitch

To be clear, this is in response to a mostly imagined scenario where the Culinary Union in Nevada accused Bernie people of being rude, abrasive to them - in response to them handing out flyers that had blatant lies and misinformation about M4A to their members and the public.

Basically, the CU baited Bernie people into correcting their errors, and then said "bros so aggressive!" and then Warren + Amy + Joe globbed on within in a few minutes of this sudden "press release" to condemn them. They were never going to endorse Bernie (even though he has the best union record + has literally fought for this union's negotiating rights before lol) because there is a direct conflict of interest between the Union leaders and M4A were it to be implemented. The leaders stand to lose money, not the employees. 

It's political theater as usual :emma: 

To top it off, imagine having to participate in a Caucus in Nevada when your boss wants you to vote a certain way and the whole thing is public :wtf: It screams voter intimidation. Union negotiated Healthcare (Again, Bernie helped them get it :lmao: ) is only good if you HAVE a Union job, meanwhile Bernie Sanders is the candidate with a plan to double union enrollment and expand their power + end right to work laws.

If the Culinary Union wanted to endorse any candidate, the one who has the best record on fighting for Unions would be clearly Bernie Sanders. I see this whole thing as just a ploy to hurt his chances in Nevada + as well as a convenient excuse to not endorse him but also not endorse Joe because they think he's a flop and don't want to make a mistake.

Edited by ItsTommyBitch
私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Faysalaaa
19 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Acts like what exactly?

He refuse to fight back and keeps apologizing and taking his words back because of fake smears against him. He still calls other candidates that attack him his friend and refuse to respond to them. He campaigned for Hilary Clinton while shes attacking him and his supporters. He is scared of being passionate and aggressive because the media calls him a grumpy old white man.

If Bernie fights back and differentiate himself from other candidates, im sure his support would double.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • LMAO 2

Robo Ga
12 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

That goes the other way around too. If you want unification, you need to be prepared to unite against any  of the Democratic candidates. 

The reason why so many "Bernie bros" are very passionate about this is because the mainstream media and every other campaign has touted that Bernie will never be "electable" or that Bernie will never get the support he needs to win. Well, he won New Hampshire and he and Pete virtually tied in Iowa.

Unification means that people from the mainstream media and other campaigns need to realize that if Bernie wins, that they need to do their part and fall behind the candidate (like how they say we should all fall in line if it's Biden, Buttigieg, Warren, etc.). 

This is absolutely NOT an excuse to threaten or harass people, MANY candidates (ie Obama) have faced the same media scrutiny of people not taking them seriously / people saying they can't win.

The fact that you're using the word "passionate" to describe people who are willing to harass bully and attack (BERNIE'S WORDS NOT MINE) is......... indicative of your position. Obviously unification goes both ways but Bernie's supporters are the ones making this primary ugly, and the uglier it gets, the harder it will be to unify behind any nominee. 

Bust the rearview and fire up the jets, 'cause it's you and me
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3