Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Birds of Prey Title Changes to Harley Quinn Amid Box Office Flop

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

This movie is a feminist man-hating propaganda. I wouldn't pay to watch it. 

I hate to say it but it was. It was not suddle at all. That speak Black mask gave outside the Boobytrap was cringe.

Overall the movie was entertaining. I laughed alot more than I thought I would.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the name change, even tho I knew the movie was going to be mainly Margot, I was expecting something else by the title (a group of women working together) and it was NOTHING like it lol 

Kindness rules all.

elijahfan
5 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

You ever watched The Dark Knight? 

I really recommend you do if you didn't. You're right they use comics characters which you'd think is for adults but this movie is very dark and directed by Nolan. The themes of the movie are also very interesting, it has a message and an actual meaning in it, so you could relate and be entertained by it all as an adult. I dont think an 8 year old would enjoy the movie at all 

Indeed, it can prove particularly effective to treat these projects with an adult perspective, I mean no need to reach so far back: just look at Joker.

ryhanna
1 minute ago, kyanewest said:

The stakes weren't high enough

I think that's a good thing? It worked for the movie imo. 

Plus, Harley's not  a hero, so she's not going to be saving Gotham or the world. Dealing with the Joker's friends turning on her and a small scale crime story fits Harley and the other characters and brings some nuance that other DC and Marvel movies don't often have. 

rasclautmangos

It's way too late for that name change to make a difference. Idk how that dumb ass name made it through development anyways. 

this is honestly SO embarrassing and deserving of lashings :rip: 

As always, DC/WB go into panic mode to try and save face. They have had years now with access to an entire library of truly ICONIC characters to get their **** together, and they're still unable to deliver a movie with no mess

they should reboot the whole thing yet AGAIN and come back when they have a plan

47 minutes ago, Wixson said:

Sorry, but the director ain't the one to blame. They directed a film that received a higher score than expected & the RT score is always expected to drop once more critics weigh in. They should've promoted it more effectively and yes, its original name was ludicrous. 

it's not the director's fault, it's 100% Margot's lmao

who will love me when the night is over

sarahb
48 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

This movie didn't make me hate men but comments like this sure do :reductive:

Ally Campana

I knew this was gonna happen. They should’ve just made it a Harley Quinn movie rather than dragging the whole Birds of Prey into it since it’s clearly about Harley. Wrong marketing.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Defmix100
1 hour ago, FameHookah said:

Yeah it was funny and sassy i loved it, maybe us gays could get it bc we love fierce women and that type of humor.

As always the straights ruining everything..

haha you know there are straight people on here?

imwoahvicky

BoP only had  the name to blame and it hardly had any buzz with awful promotion.

The movie isn't bad at ALL, it just didn't create any buzz and is just a spin-off movie. It didn't have the controversy and hype following it like Joker did, which is okay. 

⚜ Roll Deep ⚜

First off, while the movie is underperforming slightly it still opened at number one and is still on track to earn a profit. The whole "Box Office Flop" thing is just ridiculous. 

Second this movie is FAR from some "man hating agenda" people are throwing around. I'm so damn sick of whiney little snow flake butt hurt men complains about this movie. I mean I hope EVERYONE knows this is based on a female team right? And the reason for wanting to go after Black Mask has ZERO to do with his gender. In fact Black Mask (well Roman in general) is portrayed in a very flamboyant way. Not some super macho "WOMAN ARE LOWER THAN ME THEY SHOULD ALL DIE" sorta way. I mean if people have issue (which I've been reading about a lot) on how all these woman can kick a mans ass and calls it "unrealistic" then yeah maybe they are right. However this is a COMIC movie based on a comic. Like suspend your beliefs when you see movies like this. In the comics the BOP and Harley do kick ass, lots of ass, men and female ass. They are all trained.

I'm so over just all this BS and false narrative people are pushing out about this movie. Thankfully most of the audience and critics are seeing the movie and thinking for themselves and are enjoying the movie cause it's a damn good time. 

:bye:

Parsakaali
2 hours ago, pedrohemg said:

Yep. There is this idea  that "straight men can't handle strong female lead" , which is just not the case. Alien movies with massive success way back in the 70's  proved that wrong. Its the anti-man and forced female empowerment that is the problem these days.

Archived