Because kesha probably had no choice and was scared for what he would do

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
illySpencer
Just now, Suuus said:

Because kesha probably had no choice and was scared for what he would do

If you have all the answers, well go be a judge et judge him...Ā 

This is not shocking, as it's very hard to prove rape or sexual assault or anything she filed for. Pretty sure she'll have 370k... but if anything, it was WORTH it. Totally worth it. She gets to make her own music decisions now, everybody hates his guts or at least he has this stain on his image.

Record labels should not be allowed to own artists for "7 albums" or something anything... that's crazy.
He's a ****.

March34th
23 hours ago, Didymus said:

:air:

Maybe if she went straight to the police and got a medical examination. Not years later when she wanted out of her contract. Not even saying she's lying. But yeah, that should never be enough to charge someone with rape.

Most rapes are never reported for a multitude of reasons. And if I'm not mistaken most rapes that are reported are spontaneous attack style ones, like the whole "a girl is walking home alone" trope, things like drunk rape, unconscious rape, marital/spousal rape, or scenarios where one party withdraws consent but is still forced or coerced to continue aren't reported as often and in some realllyyyy sh*tty cases people won't consider those things rape despite the fact that they aren't consentual and can cause trauma or severe mental health struggles as a result.

And she told her mother and her close friends the day after, so I'm sorry but it wasn't just to get out of her contract. There's been texts and communications provided to courts to prove this as well. She texted her mom after she woke up with Luke saying that her vagina hurt and she thought he had done something to her.

Didymus
2 minutes ago, March34th said:

Most rapes are never reported for a multitude of reasons. And if I'm not mistaken most rapes that are reported are spontaneous attack style ones, like the whole "a girl is walking home alone" trope, things like drunk rape, unconscious rape, marital/spousal rape, or scenarios where one party withdraws consent but is still forced or coerced to continue aren't reported as often and in some realllyyyy sh*tty cases people won't consider those things rape despite the fact that they aren't consentual and can cause trauma or severe mental health struggles as a result.

And she told her mother and her close friends the day after, so I'm sorry but it wasn't just to get out of her contract. There's been texts and communications provided to courts to prove this as well. She texted her mom after she woke up with Luke saying that her vagina hurt and she thought he had done something to her.

From what I know this is not true. Can't find anything about this. All I can find is hard evidence that Kesha and her mom's relationship with Luke was fine until the "Free Kesha" movement, her mom going as far as calling Luke part of her family.

I didn't say that Kesha was lying to get out of her contract btw. I was replying to a user who wrote that Luke should have been convicted purely based on Kesha's testimony alone. I brought up the contract thing because that's what made the trial so complex and uneasy: she only went to courtĀ to get out of her contract, not to accuse him of assaulting her per se. For a judge that is obviously not irrelevant.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:18 AM, illySpencer said:

If she was affraid of him, why she stayed by his side after this event ?Ā 

Wait a second what? Did you miss something? Since the moment she came forward with this she has been in a dragging fight with him. She didn't "stay by his side"... that video was recorded long before something actually went down.

Btw, she didn't just file to get out of her contract. She also filed for damages for mental abuse (things like him calling her "a fat ****ing refrigerator" and stuff which supposedly made her check into rehab for an eating disorder) and the sexual assault part. Her point was more that she didn't want to be in the same room as him anymore. Plus, he was paying Kesha SCRAPS for her success. Her net worth has been NOTHING because of the abusive contract he persuaded an 18 year old girl to sign. And she couldn't even decide what kind of music to release.

Now, how would you respond if somebody claimed Gaga was just making that entire "raped by a music producer" story up for her own gains?

illySpencer
On 2/9/2020 at 1:40 AM, Deagan said:

This is not shocking, as it's very hard to prove rape or sexual assault or anything she filed for. Pretty sure she'll have 370k... but if anything, it was WORTH it. Totally worth it. She gets to make her own music decisions now, everybody hates his guts or at least he has this stain on his image.

Record labels should not be allowed to own artists for "7 albums" or something anything... that's crazy.
He's a ****.

Why not ? Do you think it would be better if it was a contract 1 by 1 album ? It would beĀ really stressfull for the artists. At least they know that they haveĀ a contract for 7 years in that business.Ā 

6 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Why not ? Do you think it would be better if it was a contract 1 by 1 album ? It would beĀ really stressfull for the artists. At least they know that they haveĀ a contract for 7 years in that business.Ā 

What the hell? Ehm yes 1 by 1 would be great especially for a first set of albums. Most popstar eras last for 2-3 years per album anyway.

At least they know? What?Ā You're so naive. Have you never seen how many artists are trying to get out of a record deal?Ā This is slavery, honey. Slavery.

7 albums means 7 * 3 years = 21 years of making the music that Dr. Luke wants to include on a record because he decides what's put out and what's not. And that is if you poop out an album every 3 years like that... How you don't see a problem with a 7 album contract astonishes me.Ā 

LadyxGaGa

lol why is everyone so pressed? she was either going to win the case or not, you canā€™t really have grey areas when it comes to justice. I mean you can? but thatā€™s not how a verdict goes, she was found guilty, thatā€™s it. let her and dr. luke go on with their lives. sheeshĀ 

9 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

lol why is everyone so pressed? she was either going to win the case or not, you canā€™t really have grey areas when it comes to justice. I mean you can? but thatā€™s not how a verdict goes, she was found guilty, thatā€™s it. let her and dr. luke go on with their lives. sheeshĀ 

It would be way simpler for kesha to move on of dr luke would stop suing her

LadyxGaGa
17 minutes ago, Suuus said:

It would be way simpler for kesha to move on of dr luke would stop suing her

I mean true, but also like why are him and his people still sticking around? like sheā€™s already made two bad albums, she hardly makes bank like she used to. so why havenā€™t dr luke and co make an ARTPOP style exit and leave her alone. they made all the money they could from herĀ 

11 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

I mean true, but also like why are him and his people still sticking around? like sheā€™s already made two bad albums, she hardly makes bank like she used to. so why havenā€™t dr luke and co make an ARTPOP style exit and leave her alone. they made all the money they could from herĀ 

Because dr luke is petty asshole

illySpencer
1 hour ago, Deagan said:

What the hell? Ehm yes 1 by 1 would be great especially for a first set of albums. Most popstar eras last for 2-3 years per album anyway.

At least they know? What?Ā You're so naive. Have you never seen how many artists are trying to get out of a record deal?Ā This is slavery, honey. Slavery.

7 albums means 7 * 3 years = 21 years of making the music that Dr. Luke wants to include on a record because he decides what's put out and what's not. And that is if you poop out an album every 3 years like that... How you don't see a problem with a 7 album contract astonishes me.Ā 

Naive of what exactly ? When you are not cash back enought, your label could drop you anytimes ? To loose your label and have the fear to maybe not find a new one ? You are the naive one here, singer appreciate to have a long contract with labels.Ā Ā 

43 minutes ago, LadyxGaGa said:

Do you seriously think like this?Ā Two bad albums? She hardly makes bank? What the hell do you even know and wow how can you have such a patronizing opinion of a woman who has been extremely successful? Kesha has never gotten anything of the "bank" she was making before and that is the actual problem. Her tours, make-upĀ and merch have been fine, and debuting with 35000 pure album sales with a gay as hell pop album is totally fine.

Anyway that's not the point.Ā 

This entire legal battle is much more than "guilty or not". She has successfully defamed him and that was worth it! Why does Sony stick around? Cuz Kesha is a moneymaker!

Now if Gaga actually dropped the name of her supposed raper, she would be in the exact same position as Kesha is now. Yet we've never seen Gaga have the balls to drop a name and yet she has consistently played a victim card and even claims it caused her fibro. I'm still waiting for her to stand up and actually call someone out in the same way Kesha did. What's stopping Gaga? Scared to lose a penny on lost defamation suit?

2 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Naive of what exactly ? When you are not cash back enought, your label could drop you anytimes ? To loose your label and have the fear to maybe not find a new one ? You are the naive one here, singer appreciate to have a long contract with labels.Ā Ā 

Can you back up anything that you claim with evidence of artist perceptions? Corporations should not be allowed to "own" people in such a way and its very naive to think these contracts exist to protect the artists šŸ˜‚.

And no, a label can not just drop you out of a 7 album contract if you don't make them enough money.

A 2 album deal seems fine. That'll give you 4-6 years to make it or not.. but 7 is just a crazy contract to lay down in front of an 18 year old girl which grew up getting by on wellfare payments with her single mother (the incredible Pebe Sebert). "You wanna make it girl? You want to become rich? You want to be a popstar? I can make you just that. Just sign here". Eww eww eww.

These long contracts exist to protect the already insanely rich labels, not the artists. As you can see, Luke is claiming he pumped so much money into her career.. which is of course crazy.. Kesha is the reason people buy Kesha. On top of that, it's the insane level of control embedded in the contract. Luke decides what ends up on an album, what is put out, what can be performed where, in a same way that Taylor Swift has been battling over her music rights.

Archived