💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

J.LO & Shakira Half Time Show (2020)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

ModernEcstasy

Okay, that was pretty incredible. I enjoyed every moment. I’d get tickets if they decided to tour together. 

My only criticisms are that I could not get past the obvious Lip syncing and that I (surprisingly) actually preferred Shakira’s portion over J.LO’s
Very well done Ladies. :party:

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SHALLOW

I expected more from Shakira, it looked like she opened for JLo :sweat:

Both very good dancers tho. Some songs were a choice. I didn’t like the rappers which sang songs where Jlo and Shakira weren’t even featured. Unlike Gaga, i honestly didn’t expect them not to lip sync since i knew they were gonna dance a lot :sweat:

ristretto
1 hour ago, KNJ said:

And on lipsynching....since when do full playback have gasps for air on them??

Y'all play too much :triggered: you can hear them cutting off their own playback. They were live.

sis i-

people lip sync to pre-recorded studio vocals nowadays to make them sound more live than a vocal track from 2003. beyoncé, celine, britney, shakira, JLO... everyone.  

pachinko
1 hour ago, SHALLOW said:

I expected more from Shakira, it looked like she opened for JLo :sweat:

Both very good dancers tho. Some songs were a choice. I didn’t like the rappers which sang songs where Jlo and Shakira weren’t even featured. Unlike Gaga, i honestly didn’t expect them not to lip sync since i knew they were gonna dance a lot :sweat:

What? If you want to pit two females against each other, well, Shakira had the better performance of the night. Sorry Henny. 

Oh wow, it was the best one in a while, also, I love the little political shades, I remember when conservatives were shitting their pants because they thought Gaga would be political, little did they know they should fear Shakira and J-Lo :udidnt:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

LetsGetHigh

I was so turned off the second Shakira started and her vocals were obviously from the studio track. 

Overall, it was extremely rushed. NFL should never host two artists at once ever again. The performance felt so empty cause there was so much happening at such a fast pace. 

Judas Society

We forget that the halftime show is meant to entertain. I was expecting a lot better choreo for Shakira's portion but I think they missed the chance of blending both of their styles together instead of separating both artists portion distinct from each other.

They both used their signature though. They're both uber sexy, especially J.Lo. Shakira's latina personality is way more pronounced here than J.Lo and you can see that she's a lot more American in her set with big flashy cabaret. Shakira is more dance and festive. At least based on what I feel is more Latin as an outsider.

All in all, it was entertaining. The two guests performers were not needed at all. I didn't know why they were there.

Honestly, it makes me appreciate Gaga more with what she did with hers. She went political, just not as relevant as you wanted her to. She sang the most important words in BTW song on a national event that reaches even the average American who wouldn't watch The Grammys. But most importantly, she is at a place where she wants to focus on kindness and positivity. That's why her performance actually united America at a time it is most divided.

SHALLOW
2 hours ago, pachinko said:

What? If you want to pit two females against each other, well, Shakira had the better performance of the night. Sorry Henny. 

I’ve always loved Shakira more than Jlo tho :oops: that’s why i was disappointed that it felt like an opening of a JLo performance 

The lip syncing was hard to ignore (Gaga will not be happy paha) but can you blame them with all that dancing??? 

seriously, the females in the industry are on top when it comes to performing.

www.youtube.com/jmremixes

Mister G

People still complaining about the show being basic? When you’re either 43 like Shakira or 50 like JLo and can move the way they did, then I wanna see these naysayers put on a better show. I blame the NFL for splitting it between two artists. It should have either been limited to one or extended to fit both artists’ catalogs. JLo and Shakira have over 25 years of music and the aesthetic felt rushed musically; performance wise I wish I could move my hips like that.

Folks over here complaining about expecting more. Be more concerned about people bashing them for being Hispanic women on the biggest stage and being told their show was a waste because it wasn’t white enough or wasn’t in full English. Go read some of the nasty comments people have been leaving. Be proud they got up there and did their thing and had a blast doing it. People acting like this is a full 2 hour concert. On a side note go see JLo live; she doesn’t disappoint.

nakedidea

Shakira has always used certain parts of songs with studio recordings.

But 80% was live vocals.

Anyways, 2.2M tweets, Shakira Won. 

Plus 3 songs top 10 on iTunes.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived