event

J.LO & Shakira Half Time Show (2020)

RAMROD

Featured Posts

• Replies 790
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StupidLoveBis

I liked the Jennifer Lopez part much better.
For Shakira, I was a little disappointed and her arrival on stage was not crazy.
But it's still a good show and a lot better than the last two years.
On the other hand, I would have liked to have more parts where both artists are on stage or to have done one song each in turn and not two distinguished parts.

Shakira lipsyched almost all her parts, you could tell how different and less clear her voice sounded when was speaking.

Jlo seemed to sing more parts live, with help from backing vocals and maybe autotune.

Shakira's show to me seemed more carefree and festive, jlos too sexy. 

8 hours ago, Dutch said:

Yup JLO deserved a full show.

8 hours ago, DeanWinchester said:

they should never do 2 separate acts together again

8 hours ago, JustYouandI said:

The queens deserved their individual shows, performing together but separetely made no sense.

8 hours ago, Ma Ma Pa Pa Pa said:

so Basically JLo was given a halftime show but her mom was all like “you’re not performing unless you bring shakira with you” and this she was forced to give shakira like 3 minutes of the show to rush.

Here's the thing:

It's not a matter of "not being allowed" by the producers to have the whole show to oneself. 

It is about  logistics. Going hard as a motherf#cker for 16 minutes non-stop is EFFING INSANE!

The halftime is a high-octane endurance excercise. You are expected to give 110% every single second. A performer seen out of breath, slowing down, not committing, not snapping every move or lagging in any way, just ain't it. Y'all didn't setup VPN to see a hyperventilating queen did you :ohwell:

So... options bring in a surprise guest or two. It hypes the crowd up and creates a 15 second to 2 minute  air break. Maybe insert a costume change too. Be slick and smart with the choreo, be wise with order of songs, staggering tempos to give the performer a break.

JLo sharing with Shakira was very wise because they could tag team this. They were able to each give 110% and keep energy very high every time they were on stage because they weren't on stage the entire time.

Yes, Gaga did the halftime completely solo, but this is very uncommon for the above reasons.

Not every performer has the same skill set but through smart choreo and production choices they're able to survive. Gaga has ridiculous breath control but you can see where her "breaks" were snuck in. She had a costume change ( that's duh tho), obvi the slow down in Million Reasons was greatly needed, and one of the most iconic moment of her halftime was Graham picking her up during Telephone. Wtf was that? That was stealing a handful of seconds where her body could stop moving.  It was a truly Gaga rest break. That whole transition from the no dancing keytar break during Just Dance through Million Reasons can be seen as the "lull" designed  to let her gather herself before going HAM for Bad Romance.

JLo and Shakira were only able to give us quality energetic performances because they shared the work. They drafted each other.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

And on lipsynching....since when do full playback have gasps for air on them??

Y'all play too much :triggered: you can hear them cutting off their own playback. They were live.

"She's an intellectual, your honor"

52 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

What was that tongue moment during Shakira's part LMAO

It's a way of singing in Arabian culture. She's half Arabic

Anveeroy
8 hours ago, xoxo Craig said:

Camila Cabello would have been a much better option though... the energy was there, but it was messy as they tried to stuff as many songs as they could in there... and why Bad Bunny? He could have gone...

This Halftime show lacked the energy that Katy and Gaga had... I wasn't moved at all when I watched it

I can't believe that one of the sensible users of GGD can give this statement! 

Seriously? Camila? 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

xoxo Craig
36 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Y'all play too much :triggered: you can hear them cutting off their own playback. They were live.

You can tell that they were lipsyncing, especially Shakira :vegas:

End Racism Now

Guillaume Hamon
40 minutes ago, KNJ said:

You can lip sync to pre-recorded tracks made during rehearsals that keeps gasps or imperfect notes. It's actually the best way to lip sync since it sounds like pure live.

Imo they were live here or there and lip syncing here or there. Of course I would prefer less lip sync but dancing and singing is ULTRA hard so I wouldn't complain. It was entertaining. :) 

RepentingSinner
55 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Pre-recorded track.

Sneaky Oliver

It was good and very entertaining for sure but it was also very basic imo, completely predictable for both of them. They should have had more interactions together during the set and She Wolf deserved a fierce intro. It seemed like the show had already started when the camera zoomed in and we couldn't see the very first seconds of it

I’m on my Legacy Act era

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived