💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga’s new tweet: "Thinking of Kobe"

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

Economy
11 minutes ago, spector said:

partially, it really is ("thinking of kobe bryant"), and that's not okay. what about thinking of the life of the surviror? 

what about having some empathy for the survivor? didn't she die when she was raped? a part of her surely did.

yes, it's a difficult situation, that's why she should have just ignored it.

Having empathy for a survivor does not mean u cannot lend support to a family. One doesn't have to negate the other

Like the user said, if one doesn't want to grieve for Kobe because of a bad deed that's one thing... Don't drag down his whole family into exclusion with him tho

When ppl are giving their condolences they are thinking of the rest of his family too not just him specifically

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spector
4 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Much love to the survivor but honey this isn't about them right now (I know it's harsh but people like you NEED to hear that)

This is about Kobe losing his life along with his daughter in a helicopter crash.

1 minute ago, Economy said:

Having empathy for a survivor does not mean u cannot lend support to a family. One doesn't have to negate the other

Like the user said, if one doesn't want to grief for Kobe because of a bad deed that's one thing... Don't drag down his whole family into exclusion tho

When ppl are giving their condolences they are thinking of the rest of his fan too not just him specifically

if the same tragedy happened to weinsteen, would you be this understanding if she sent out the same tweet to the grieving family? didn't think so. and if you'll try to rationalize it with the "who was the bigger assaulter" logic, i should just remind you: those grieving family members would be just as devastated and innocent, meaning that they would be no less deserving of sympathy than bryant's family. what i'm trying to say is that you can't (and shouldn't!) unsee the bad just because of a tragedy. that's why it would have been better if gaga had tweeted anything. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

Economy
1 minute ago, spector said:

if the same tragedy happened to weinsteen, would you be this understanding if she sent out the same tweet to the grieving family? didn't think so. and if you'll try to rationalize it with the "who was the bigger assaulter" logic, i should just remind you: those grieving family members would be just as devastated and innocent, meaning that they would be no less deserving of sympathy than bryant's family. what i'm trying to say is that you can't (and shouldn't!) unsee the bad just because of a tragedy. that's why it would have been better if gaga had tweeted anything. 

#1 don't say "didn't think so" when I didn't get a chance to respond yet

I'm sure Gaga wouldn't have tweeted it because it's far more recent and would look way worse

#2 the family is the family not the guilty individual. They still deserve Compassion.

I also never said a tragety undoos anything that is not the point

#3 why do u keep insisting that giving family condolences means that were suggesting the survivor therefore doesn't?????????

Right now Kobe is the one who died so right now his fan gets the focus in this particular point in time

No one here is saying the survivor and family of abused don't deserve consolation and I sure hope they did. Jezz :madge:

How would u like it if u lost multiple family members and ppl looked down at ur family including u and think u don't deserve consolation because one of the family members that died did something bad outside ur control????

LilyLark

Yikes at the people asking for LG6 in the replies, and the people on here acting like Gaga said he was a great man instead of simply tweeting condolences for his family who lost their father and 13 year old daughter and sister.

Lastly, Kobe's rape case happened in '03...I honestly forgot about it until I saw people bringing it up the other day.... and I partially grew up in L.A. 17 years is a long time ago, and if you aren't a basketball fan it's easy to forget because the media almost never brought it up after the charges were dropped. I have no idea whether Gaga remembers it or not, but don't be so quick to jump down people's throats if they say something kind about him—it's very possible they don't even remember.

spector
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

No one here is saying the survivor and family of abused don't deserve consolation and I sure hope they did. Jezz :madge:

then include that in the tweet so that it's balanced and functions as a reminder that he was still a rapist. obviously, gaga wasn't going to do that. optics, you know. 

Diamond heart99

Guys - stop feeding the troll. They don’t want to talk about this in a mature way.

Honestly it is just making all of this painful.

I’m blonde, I’m skinny, I’m rich and I’m a little bit of a bitch

spector
Just now, Ktaylor99 said:

Guys - stop feeding the troll. They don’t want to talk about this in a mature way.

i'm not a troll just because i don't agree with you. clearly, there are others who share my viewpoint, including another sexual assault survivor. 

Economy
2 minutes ago, spector said:

then include that in the tweet so that it's balanced and functions as a reminder that he was still a rapist. obviously, gaga wasn't going to do that. optics, you know. 

That would be so innapropriate :sick:

things have a place and time. The same moment ur giving ur condolences right after a death is not the time to include their darkest known act in the exact same tweet :fail:

Giving victims support does not mean u have to specifically mention it at a funeral, condolence speech or ur message of respect for ones lost lives

Again time and place... It really should not be that hard to understand why u wouldn't specifically mention that

And u can bring this up if someone is taking about how "amazing a person he was" and remind them of that mistake

But that's not what Gaga was doing. She simply gave condolences that's it. What ur suggesting she should if included would have just been problematic

FFXIV WhiteMage
13 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

Yikes at the people asking for LG6 in the replies, and the people on here acting like Gaga said he was a great man instead of simply tweeting condolences for his family who lost their father and 13 year old daughter and sister.

Lastly, Kobe's rape case happened in '03...I honestly forgot about it until I saw people bringing it up the other day.... and I partially grew up in L.A. 17 years is a long time ago, and if you aren't a basketball fan it's easy to forget because the media almost never brought it up after the charges were dropped. I have no idea whether Gaga remembers it or not, but don't be so quick to jump down people's throats if they say something kind about him—it's very possible they don't even remember.

Was it ever proven? I think I heard of the news way back before but it just fizzled down so I thought it’s not true or something. 

Diamond heart99
1 hour ago, spector said:

i'm not a troll just because i don't agree with you. clearly, there are others who share my viewpoint, including another sexual assault survivor. 

Yes I know.

But you are a troll because:

1) You told me I’m the wrong kind of survivor.

2) You think it doesn’t matter that Vanessa is a window and three babies don’t have a dad - because of an alleged rape.

3) Oh and you believe LG meant that Kobe Bryant is a great man who never did anything wrong and his alleged victim doesn’t matter- simply because she said “thinking of Kobe”

Ya know what? You aren’t a troll. What you are is a f*cking twat who has been here less than 10 days. Do us all a favor and f*ck off back to where you came from. 

I honestly don’t care if I get banned anymore. 

spector
5 minutes ago, Economy said:

That would be so innapropriate :sick:

things have a place and time. The same moment ur giving ur condolences right after a death is not the time to include their darkest known act in the exact same tweet :fail:

Giving victims support does not mean u have to specifically mention it at a funeral, condolence speech or ur message of respect for ones lost lives

Again time and place... It really should not be that hard to understand why u wouldn't specifically mention that

And u can bring this up if someone is taking about how "amazing a person he was" and remind them of that mistake

But that's not what Gaga was doing. She simply gave condolences that's it. What ur suggesting she should if included would have just been problematic

well, i (and another survivor) think gaga's comeback tweet, especially knowing her sexual assault history and mental health advocacy, wasn't appropriate, nor aptly timed. i guess we just have to agree to disagree, and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

Yes I know.

But you are a troll because:

You told me I’m the wrong kind of survivor.

You think it doesn’t matter that Vanessa is a window and three babies don’t had a dad - because of an alleged rape.

Oh and you believe LG meant that Kobe Bryant is a great man who never did anything wrong and his alleged victim doesn’t - simply because she said “thinking of Kobe”

Ya know what? You aren’t a troll. What you are is a f*cking twat who has been here less than 10 days. Do us all a favor a f*ck off back to where you came from. 

I honestly don’t care if I get banned anymore. 

11 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

Honestly it is just making all of this painful.

the irony. 

41 minutes ago, Ktaylor99 said:

I don’t want to believe you are playing semantics and being unfair for clout but...

SERIOUSLY?!!

ETA -

Just realized you joined GGD a week ago 🙄 and I see no point in continuing this discussion. 

neither do i. oh, and reported.

LilyLark
6 minutes ago, PoCHEMist said:

Was it ever proven? I think I heard of the news way back before but it just fizzled down so I thought it’s not true or something. 

The rape charge was dropped but I tend to believe women...especially as she knew she would get hell from fans. I may be remembering this incorrectly, as it was so long ago and the media barely ever mentioned to the point a lot of folks, including myself, simply forgot..the assumption was that he basically paid her off so she wouldn't testify...and that's why the charge ended up being dropped.

Diamond heart99

Yes @spector I was not mature or kind.

But I can live with that. Because at least I am not posing as a Lady Gaga fan pretending to give a sh!t about sexual assault victims on a Lady Gaga message board of all places.

Thanks for reporting me. It’s been a while. At least the mods will know I’m still alive.

Economy
5 minutes ago, spector said:

well, i (and another survivor) think gaga's comeback tweet, especially knowing her sexual assault history and mental health advocacy, wasn't appropriate, nor aptly timed. i guess we just have to agree to disagree, and move on. 

the irony. 

neither do i. oh, and reported.

I don't think that history invalidates showing compassion after death especially considering it involves more than just him to the family... I just Frankly find that thinking a bit cold and a bit too black and white so I had to respond to that

But if u wanna end the discussion guess we might as well leave it here cuz it's not gonna go anywhere:shrug:

On a seperate note tho regardless of our disagreement on Gaga's tweet, I'm sorry about what happened to you. Not asking for any details but whether it was mild assault or more severe, either way that's not ok so sending u love :heart:

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived