Gaga’s new tweet: "Thinking of Kobe"

ydnmnme

Featured Posts

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
March34th
21 hours ago, darkpaw said:

You wannabe activists need to shove it and have some respect for the dead. FFS were you hatched by birds??

He was a rapist. Don't shoot the messenger #metoo

Just now, March34th said:

He was a rapist. Don't shoot the messenger #metoo

Get a life.

March34th
Just now, darkpaw said:

Get a life.

I'm literally just stating a fact. Calm down. If the guy who raped me when I was a kid died in a helicopter crash and his face was all over social media and no one was remembering his horrific actions and painting him as a martyr or an idol I'd be triggered as f*ck, so I'm trying to give the survivors of his abuse a little sliver of their voice. It's obviously sad that someone died in such a horrific way, and I am absolutely devastated that his daughter died, but it is important that we keep bringing light to horrific actions like rape or abuse.

I'm not trying to start a fight over this, I'm literally just saying he was a rapist. That's not my fault, neither is it yours, that was his sh*tty decision and his alone. Rest in peace but I won't forget, and neither will many people. We as a society need to learn from our mistakes and horrible actions and stop acting like just because someone died in a scary way that suddenly they're excused from all the horrible things they did when they were alive.

spector
11 minutes ago, March34th said:

I'm literally just stating a fact. Calm down. If the guy who raped me when I was a kid died in a helicopter crash and his face was all over social media and no one was remembering his horrific actions and painting him as a martyr or an idol I'd be triggered as f*ck, so I'm trying to give the survivors of his abuse a little sliver of their voice. It's obviously sad that someone died in such a horrific way, and I am absolutely devastated that his daughter died, but it is important that we keep bringing light to horrific actions like rape or abuse.

I'm not trying to start a fight over this, I'm literally just saying he was a rapist. That's not my fault, neither is it yours, that was his sh*tty decision and his alone. Rest in peace but I won't forget, and neither will many people. We as a society need to learn from our mistakes and horrible actions and stop acting like just because someone died in a scary way that suddenly they're excused from all the horrible things they did when they were alive.

precisely what i was trying to say this entire time, thank you.

4 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Close this thread.

why exactly? because it's uncomfortable? imagine the discomfort, to put it mildly, of the survivor. 

stella + elliot = stelliot

2 minutes ago, spector said:

precisely what i was trying to say this entire time, thank you.

why exactly? because it's uncomfortable? imagine the discomfort, to put it mildly, of the survivor. 

"The survivor" is out there living her life while you're here fighting a non-fight on GGD. 

spector
Just now, darkpaw said:

The survivor is out there reliving her traumatic life experience, over and over again, possibly, while you're here fighting for her abuser's "justice" on GGD. 

fixed

Daylight Jokers
7 minutes ago, spector said:

Because it's getting pointless and messy now.  You said that six pages ago and no one's stopping you to sympathize with the rape victim. We do too, but please, respect Kobe's family as well. Even the other ones who were also in that helicopter. They're dead, even his daughter, what else do you want? You're just being annoying and attention-seeking now.

spector
11 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Because it's getting pointless and messy now.  You said that six pages ago and no one's stopping you to sympathize with the rape victim. We do too, but please, respect Kobe's family as well. Even the other ones who were also in that helicopter. They died, what else do you want?

please cite one of my "messy" comments. i assure you, you won't find one. it was the others (bullies!) who made this discussion messy and personal. also, just because i (and others, i'm not alone) tried to remind people of his rapist past, doesn't mean that i automatically disrespected the other victims. what i stated was that by conveniently forgetting about the life of the survivor at the altar of this tragedy, thereby eliminating one of the real victims from the narrative, is not something i agree with. in fact, that's what i find disrespectful. 

11 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Fix your life next.

a personal jab is not an argument, nor is it mature or empathetic. imagine telling an abused human being to get another life, because, guess what, being raped feels like death. how do you fix that trauma? exactly. there's no way.

derpmonster
9 minutes ago, LGs LM said:

Because it's getting pointless and messy now.  You said that six pages ago and no one's stopping you to sympathize with the rape victim. We do too, but please, respect Kobe's family as well. Even the other ones who were also in that helicopter. They're dead, even his daughter, what else do you want? You're just being annoying and attention-seeking now.

No, you guys shot down and attacked any mentions of his problematic legacy and now y'all are claiming "you got your chance." Anyone who spoke up was virulently attacked. We are ALL sad for the family, the daughter, and everyone who died in the crash. We are also sad for the tragedy itself. However, it does NOT mean we should idolize or deify him. That's all we're saying. Is kindness and respect for survivors too much to ask for?

Just because you like someone y'all are willing to put aside their horrific actions? Would y'all mourn for Harvey Weinstein if he died?

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
11 hours ago, MrG1087 said:

Some of ya’ll are literal garbage. I just went there. I don’t care if I get reported either. There’s a time and a place for everything. The select few that have been posting vile and hostile commentary on here, you need to do some soul-searching and evaluate if your lives are so perfect that you have to drag a man’s name through the dirt more than ever now that he’s deceased. I saw the same thing with Michael Jackson in 2009, and the same with Whitney Houston in 2012. 

I’m amazed that people always bring up the bad legacy and remind everyone they shouldn’t feel sorrow because they did something awful. So, with that being said since Gaga posted about Kobe why don’t you self-appointed heroes go after Jennifer Lopez, all the news outlets, everyone in Los Angeles, all the basketball teams, all the other celebrities like Viola Davis, Niecy Nash, Joe Biden, Kareem Abdul-Jamar, Rob Gronkowski, AOC, Barack Obama, Tom Brady, let’s see who else oh Walt Disney Corporation tweeted something as well, Taylor Swift, Chrissy Teigen, not to mention all the countless other politicians and celebrities across the globe. Oh don’t forget to go after your family and friends mourning the lose of Kobe and the other families that were killed in the crash.

So that's all you say about a rapist? That they're "imperfect"?

Excuse me? It's one thing to have some minor flaws as a person, it's another to rape. I'm not here to be a "hero" - I'm a sexual assault survivor and you should do some soul searching to see why you want to defend a rapist so badly. I'm sad for the family and everyone involved but we can do that without shutting down the voices of people who have suffered as a result of that man's actions. There's nuance. There's no correct "time and place" for sexual assault discussion and it's incredibly sad and triggering as a survivor to see people glorifying a rapist because he was an icon.

No, I'm not going to attack anyone else. I don't care that Gaga said this. Why should I? You're just operating with this set mindset of what you consider people who are speaking up to be.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived