💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Born To Die turns 8

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

8 years ago today (27 January), Lana released Born To Die, her 2nd album and technically 1st for many. Not only has stood the test of time, but became the inspiration for other artists that would come after. With hits like Video Games, Summertime Sadness & National Anthem, the album was an amalgamation of Americana, golden age Hollywood, the prose like symbolism of Walt Whitman, the beat poetry of Allen Ginsberg and the vocal influences of artists such as Nina Simone, Elvis Presley, Billie Holiday, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain, Joan Baez, Leonard Cohen, Lou Reed and so many more. Soundtracked in cinematic fashion by producers like Emile Haynie who fused hip hop, baroque, folk, trip hop pop and sadcore. Utilizing all of these elements, Lana uniquely and brilliantly told her story in such a vivid, poetic, raw and motion picture esque way.

All credit for this description goes to Lana Del Rey Updates on youtube.

k9CDPrEeRZJsNtrcjj5plfDqo6DGvUjYU4quBsQh

I think it could've been extra beautiful if she won the Grammy for NFR today because of this but oh well. :crossed:

What are your favorite songs off this album and what is your opinion on it, its importance and the place where it sits in Lana'd discography 8 years later? 

Bubblegum Bitch

I haven't listened to this album for a very long time, so I did it yesterday. And it still sounds amazing for me. :giveup: Born To Die, Blue Jeans, Video Games, Dark Paradise, Million Dollar Man, Lucky Ones — my fave. :legend:

Also, this album cover... :giveup:

Ryusei

Ugh one of my favorite albums of all time. I was intrigued the moment I saw this album cover. 

Favorite songs: pretty much all except Lucky Ones oop- 

Didn't deserve to be panned, it immediately painted this entire world of: This is what Lana Del Rey is about with the recurring, mostly american themes.

Musery

FfFfFfFF
10 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

Favorite songs: pretty much all except Lucky Ones oop- 

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, Fish said:

literally some of the topics/ themes  from billie are...also on BTD :udidnt:

Gucci vs Walmart 

2 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Gucci vs Walmart 

which one is gucci though? we sure know finneas has a closet full of gucci pyjamas 

Glamourpuss

I literally just listened to this. I don't know why because I don't listen to it often but I just felt the urge to. 

Lemondeduerl

OMG time flies! I remember I didn't like her at first. But one day I saw a poster announcing the album and I got hyped because I liked her aesthetic and the heading saying something like "New melancholic pop sensation". Then  watched the BTD video and I became a fan. 

:)

Archived