💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Billie's rise is dangerous to Gaga

Bobbins

Featured Posts

moonboywow

The fact that an 18 year old woman won album of the year at the grammys in our male dominated music industry and became the youngest person to ever win it is huge, and Billie Eilish deserves all of the love and support for this

And pitting billie and gaga against each other goes against everything that gaga believes in. Why can't we be proud of every woman who achieves something amazing like this? Gaga is doing her thing and Billie is doing hers. 

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mindintransit

There are a lot of Billie fans here and also a lot of people like me who don't find her music at all interesting. Not liking her music just means that people have different tastes. But this seems to make some Billie fans angry - so they attack Gaga. What's wrong with people!
Gaga's vocal talent, her music, her personality. There can't be two more diametrically different artists. In other words, what does Gaga's career have to do with Billie Eilish. Nothing.
Billie has a hit album and grammys. Will she have longevity. You know the only correct answer. Time, the ultimate truth teller.
The Gaga longevity doubters have long since been left in the dust.
A 2018 RS article says it better than me:  "A decade of Gaga has already felt like a full generation of game-changing musical history. Her fame has only just begun."  And that was before ASIB.
Yesterday was beautiful. The chartsters and everyone on the grammy thread were all nerves and then just overjoyed and cheering. A Gaga fan site celebrating Gaga.  It was the best of GGD.
And today I find multiple threads like this. Really, what's wrong with people.

IAmNotHere1997
32 minutes ago, LaserTech said:

I’m not a huge Billie fan, but she’s far from done with this era. She’s about to embark on a fully sold out arena tour. 

But she won't release a new album, so it doesn't matter.

I love both of these girls. Billie has taken some time for me to come into. What’s funny is “Bloody Mary” is a song I could see Billie coming out with currently and slaying. Gaga is always on top of it

LadyxGaGa

I mean what goes up must come down right? let billie take the throne for a little bit. it’s always nice to have a new it girl to marvel at. GaGa had her time and has her audience. Let Billie have her time to find her footing

Uniquecorn

Honestly, BiLliE's James Bond theme should be a hit or else this could be the end of the road for the overhyped mediocrity :grr: Her brand's pretentious persona could only do so much.

Luna Lovegood
1 minute ago, JFK said:

Billie is on the Avril Lavigne level when she was on her peak. Fight me. 

Did Avril sweep big 4 at the Grammys during her prime? No. Billie is bigger than Avril during her prime. Fight me.

luna’s advocate

Sepsami
7 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

Did Avril sweep big 4 at the Grammys during her prime? No. Billie is bigger than Avril during her prime. Fight me.

Is she bigger than Gags in ha prime? :ally:

Uniquecorn
8 minutes ago, JFK said:

Billie is on the Avril Lavigne level when she was on her peak. Fight me. 

Except Let Go was packed with better songs compared to BiLiE EingLiSh's album of pretention. It's just so lame how Interscope is shelling out cash just to promote the **** out of this mediocrity.

Luna Lovegood
3 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

You know what you’re right she’s not bigger than Gaga at her prime, though I can see the potential. Gaga was everywhere when she was at her peak, was literally a household name (everyone from different age groups knew her) while Billie has a demographic of only teenagers. 

luna’s advocate

LilyLark
5 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

You know what you’re right she’s not bigger than Gaga at her prime, though I can see the potential. Gaga was everywhere when she was at her peak, was literally a household name (everyone from different age groups knew her) while Billie has a demographic of only teenagers. 

Honestly, "prime" is a nebulous concept in some ways, too. One can argue 09-12 was Gaga's prime in terms of media attention and sales, but in 2018-2019 she had far more critical acclaim among the GP while still selling strongly and nabbing a #1 song.

I think the days of old school megastars in some ways are over tbh—you see it in movies and music. Social media, online media, and streaming means there is something new every 15 minutes and there's always a need for clickbait...so there's no need for 100 headlines about Gaga's meatdress or Rihanna's infamous plane full of journos or even Beyonce's famous performance where she unveiled her pregnancy.

TSUNAMI
13 minutes ago, Sepsami said:

Which prime? 

TFM or ASIB prime? :ally:

• Admin locked this topic

Archived