Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Biden slams Sanders climate plan

Featured Posts

Chickens in Malibu

He's feeling the heat, with the new poll released today showing Bernie on top in Iowa.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Cocaine Heart

Let's be honest, he'll be dead in the next 10 to 12 years when things get disastrously out of control.  So he doesn't give a damn and wants to do the bare ass scarping minimum. 

Where as we have Bernie who is in the same age bracket yet wants to leave  the planet in a better off condition for us, to live in. 

The Green New Deal in a framework of what needs to be achieved.  Of course everything won't be possible but with climate change there is no time for the bare minimum. We need bold, immediate action. NOW. 

We going to boo
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Gagaloo92

As if his own weak sauce plan to combat climate change is some bold and great thing to be proud of:awkney:

Stay in your lane Biden, we see you holding those fundraisers with the very industries that contribute the most to climate chance  :triggered:

Edited by Gagaloo92
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

PunkTheFunk
9 minutes ago, Chickens in Malibu said:

He's feeling the heat

I see what you did there...

#Marianne2020

Mister G
21 minutes ago, Gagaloo92 said:

As if his own weak sauce plan to combat climate change is some bold and great thing to be proud of:awkney:

Stay in your lane Biden, we see you holding those fundraisers with the very industries that contribute the most to climate chance  :triggered:

Amen :firega:

• Like 2

ItsTommyBitch

So is Biden's thing just gonna be lying repetitively to all criticism AND in his own criticism of others? And he's telling people he can take on Trump with this kind of thing? :deadbanana: 

Yes, there are scientists who support the GND. There are some more conservative beliefs out there ofc, and some like the climate solutions but dont think they need to be intrinsically linked with social and economic justice and worry that this would make it harder to pass, but others see that as the point.

Even for those who have skepticism about whether net zero emissions by 2030 is feasible (or ideal) or not, it is a much better GOAL than Biden who thinks that the GND is too aggressive and we need a softer approach and that's why climate change activists overwhelmingly endorse Bernie and give Joe what, a D rating? :deadbanana: 

He's feeling the heat, and its fine to make policy distinctions, but I think its really a bad showing of character if all you can do is *lie* blatantly about other people to make those distinctions :rip: 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから
  • Like 6

Bae

I'm waiting for this to backfire and for many "solitary scientists" ( :lolga: ) to come forward in support of the Green New Deal. The goal is to aim high so your plans don't get too watered down when it comes time to pass legislation. 

Damn. He sounds just like a Republican.

Let's take you to Chanel cuz' you look like hell.

Marilyn MonHoe

Yes Joe, that is why Bernie’s climate change plan literally has the highest ratings out of any other candidate :laughga:

Gov Hooka

lol so this is really what all the centrist Democrats want in office... :smh:

PoshLife

This brings to mind a rather odd moment at the most recent debate, where Klobuchar said she supported getting to net-zero emissions by 2050 and Sanders shook his head saying it wasn't enough. It's not enough to completely eliminate our nation's carbon footprint in three decades? Give me a break. Does he not understand the sheer quantity of R&D, new technology invention and deployment, new strategies for sustainable farming, new build-out of infrastructure, and more and more that will take? It's a moonshot. But Sanders wants to argue over a specific year. I think it's part of this reflexive "whatever moderates say isn't good enough" mentality that I just don't buy into.

To be clear, the Green New Deal is not a climate bill. It's a non-binding resolution that just has a bunch of messaging about reducing our carbon footprint to zero and then goes way beyond that with things like a federal housing guarantee. But when its supporters talk about the GND, they never talk about all that other stuff - they keep the wool over everybody's eyes. Even the left-leaning pollsters who are trying to tell us the GND is popular in swing-districts - it's not, believe me - aren't explaining the GND accurately in their poll questions. Look at the bottom of page 2 for the sample question. It's unbelievable.  Sen. Markey and Rep. Ocasio-Cortez should be more upfront about what GND supporters are putting their names on.

Edited by PoshLife
creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 1

Woolfsmck
5 hours ago, Andy McQueen said:

Bernie has to win 

The function of the current health care system to to make 10 of billions of dollars profit for the companies and drug producers ...

:popcorn:

That's the problem... just like  big oil … .gov isn't  big enough to overhaul the system … and neither is he ..

and the same with green energy … 

A gradual shift of economic priority  is the only effect way to change America …  the past 'change' in American economic progress has always been gradual ..

So  Bernie is right  but implementation over night or over one or two terms is impossible ...

Getting Trump out is the first most important step ….

like a cat in a sil, I observe life, moving and still. My words give a clue,look inside to see whats true

Economy
7 hours ago, PoshLife said:

This brings to mind a rather odd moment at the most recent debate, where Klobuchar said she supported getting to net-zero emissions by 2050 and Sanders shook his head saying it wasn't enough. It's not enough to completely eliminate our nation's carbon footprint in three decades? Give me a break. Does he not understand the sheer quantity of R&D, new technology invention and deployment, new strategies for sustainable farming, new build-out of infrastructure, and more and more that will take? It's a moonshot. But Sanders wants to argue over a specific year. I think it's part of this reflexive "whatever moderates say isn't good enough" mentality that I just don't buy into.

To be clear, the Green New Deal is not a climate bill. It's a non-binding resolution that just has a bunch of messaging about reducing our carbon footprint to zero and then goes way beyond that with things like a federal housing guarantee. But when its supporters talk about the GND, they never talk about all that other stuff - they keep the wool over everybody's eyes. Even the left-leaning pollsters who are trying to tell us the GND is popular in swing-districts - it's not, believe me - aren't explaining the GND accurately in their poll questions. Look at the bottom of page 2 for the sample question. It's unbelievable.  Sen. Markey and Rep. Ocasio-Cortez should be more upfront about what GND supporters are putting their names on.

2 hours ago, Woolfsmck said:

The function of the current health care system to to make 10 of billions of dollars profit for the companies and drug producers ...

:popcorn:

That's the problem... just like  big oil … .gov isn't  big enough to overhaul the system … and neither is he ..

and the same with green energy … 

A gradual shift of economic priority  is the only effect way to change America …  the past 'change' in American economic progress has always been gradual ..

So  Bernie is right  but implementation over night or over one or two terms is impossible ...

Getting Trump out is the first most important step ….

This is complicated AF cuz the climate can't wait... We're reaching a tilling point

But change also takes time and a change as agressive and fast as some are pushing for will severely cripple the economy to a degree most people probably don't realize. Like forget about having the economic means to pay for other promises like free healthcare and education... The climate alone would have to take like ALL the resources to make these time lines even remotely possible

Humanity f*cked up. We waited too long to take this seriously and now we're dammed either way

Either were agressive enough to fix the planet but the economy takes a huge hit, or we go slower like Biden is suggesting which the planet just can't handle without severe consequences

I favour prioritizing saving the planet over economics cuz it's just the ethical and right thing to do...

But I also have an issue with misleading the public. Some progressives make it sound like the cost doesn't have to be that bad and that it's all about "jobs" in green transition etc...

I'm not against agressive green projects... But let's not kid ourselves, the economic cost WILL be significant to meet any of these targets and anyone that says otherwise is either lying or they are being deluded

I don't think there's much room for opinion or interpretation in this case. These investments require a lot of capital, resources and labor devoted to it that cannot be used or devoted to other things we currently enjoy. There's no getting around that