💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Billie Eilish reveals she almost ended her life

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I can’t with some of the people in this thread :selena:

This is triggering me and sending me equally as much as the n-word thread. Some people on this site really know how to surprise :madge:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she was at least honest about it with the GP in this interview. In a previous interview she tried to explain it away as a sleep disorder like waking paralysis or something like that. I hope she gets all the help and support she needs.

(I don't enjoy the songs and don't listen to them tho, grammy winner or not.)

geusst1235
31 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I don’t dislike Billie. I just don’t think she is the mastermind behind all of her videos. She admitted that it was her brother Finneas that said to her “I’m going to make you the world’s biggest pop star”. This is actually recorded in some interview, and Billie said it herself. So i’m not blaming her. 

It’s her family. They’ve overworked her and put her in very compromising positions. Her family is like a cult holding her hostage to fame. Sickening.

Sure Finneas said that, but Billie still writes all of the lyrics and comes up with many (if not all) of the concepts behind her videos. I don't see how saying that suddenly takes her creative input away?

Billie's family had never experienced anything like this before. Therefore it's not nearly as easy or as obvious as you are making it seem. Touring is known to be quite straining on artists, and overworking themselves without immediately realizing that its detrimental is very common. Billie/her family have recognized this issue and are obviously being more careful in the future. Anyways, to imply that Billie doesn't want to do this and is being forced to by her family, simply isn't true in the slightest.

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

no, its pretty gross.

i've been the closest to ending my life, once i literally was about to jump off the top floor of the building where i live (everythings better now and i dont have any suicidal thoughts) and let me tell you there's nothing artistic about the darkness thats in your mind at those times. its sad and and horrifying to say the least. these kind of stuff is what makes people think that self harmers and people who attempt suicide, do it because they want attention.

Thank you for confiding about your experience, and for being in a better place today. Same here. I almost ended it twice. It scars you. You feel shameful and it reinforces negative thoughts that just go round and round, in a loop.

Seeing suicide depicted in such a slick way is really sickin the head. Totally irresponsible. Should at least have an MA or R warning, followed by a message to contact Lifeline at the end.

misunderstood
11 minutes ago, Queen Neyde said:

no, its pretty gross.

i've been the closest to ending my life, once i literally was about to jump off the top floor of the building where i live (everythings better now and i dont have any suicidal thoughts) and let me tell you there's nothing artistic about the darkness thats in your mind at those times. its sad and and horrifying to say the least. these kind of stuff is what makes people think that self harmers and people who attempt suicide, do it because they want attention.

Problem is, every person who deals with these kind of thoughts (I am one of them) copes and deals with them differently. You are in no position to tell someone who deals with these thoughts how to express themselves with it. If they want to express it through art they have every right to. 

Sick of this annoying narrative.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Lord Temptation
2 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

Problem is, every person who deals with these kind of thoughts (I am one of them) copes and deals with them differently. You are in no position to tell someone who deals with these thoughts how to express themselves with it. If they want to express it through art they have every right to. 

Sick of this annoying narrative.

The video should come with a warning, a special rating, and a message to contact Lifeline at the end.

It’s completely irresponsible. And the user that you just told off? She/he has EVERY right to express her/his thoughts on the matter. Or are we not talking about art?

TheSlash

I'm glad she didn't :ohno: . I hope she is well and happy now :diane:.

And one thing: This is the wrongest of all places to hate or mock Billie :triggered: . Pi$$ off and learn what empathy is :excuseu: :grr:

Ew, David!

misunderstood
2 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

The video should come with a warning, a special rating, and a message to contact Lifeline at the end.

It’s completely irresponsible. And the user that you just told off? She/he has EVERY right to express her/his thoughts on the matter. Or are we not talking about art?

They have every right to express their thoughts just like I, you, Billie can express our thoughts. :)

Also stop expecting artists to bow down to your feelings, it's never gonna be that way (thankfully!)

derpmonster

She's brave for sharing this and as someone who has been suicidal in the past, I can tell it's authentic. Artists have channeled suicide into art forever. Others have pointed out genres that tend to do that - Gaga herself did it with Princess Die.

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I like how she doesn't twist this into an inspirational story or whatever to bank on her trauma. Like, when Gayle asked her "what held you back" she had every opportunity to be like "there's light at the end of the tunnel, you can get through this too!" etc. but she just thought about it and said "my mom" :giveup:

It reminded me of Gaga from the Oprah interview recently. Oprah asked her about the time she was performing with a broken hip and intense pain. Oprah said, "What do you think would happen?" Gaga paused, took a few breaths, got lachrymose, and said, "I thought I was gonna die." And it's pretty clear what she meant. It was a touching moment and brought me back to Princess Die at the BTWB.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Lord Temptation
4 minutes ago, misunderstood said:

They have every right to express their thoughts just like I, you, Billie can express our thoughts. :)

Also stop expecting artists to bow down to your feelings, it's never gonna be that way (thankfully!)

It ain’t about me boo. I’m in a healthy state of mind. My concern is for all the 19 year olds that aren’t, who are gonna watch this sh*t and get ideas. Her family is promoting dangerous ideas.

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Lord Temptation said:

It ain’t about me boo. I’m in a healthy state of mind. My concern is for all the 19 year olds that aren’t, who are gonna watch this sh*t and get ideas. Her family is promoting a dangerous idea.

I agree that they could add a helpline number or support similar to TIHTY video.

But people have used this argument to shut down artists forever. There were organizations that severely criticized Princess Die when it came out for offering "no hope" considering Gaga's audience was 19 year olds back then. But I'm very glad we have that song (as someone who dealt with similar thoughts myself).

I agree artists should be a bit more aware of their platform but that shouldn't be an excuse to shut down art that helps people around the world in other ways by giving a voice to unvoiced, unheard feelings.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

3 minutes ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

I am so sorry for what you have been through and I am super happy you are in a better mental state right now. I understand where you're coming from but that's the point of art. I went through depression and anxiety that led to suicidal thoughts for years. I practiced self-harm as well. I found power with the music that I write. I wrote about all of the experiences that I went through. Gaga herself said that beautiful things come out of pain. Billie does not want attention. Billie is a voice for people who are going through the same thing. Her music is comforting to me when I am feeling down.

What I am trying to convey and say with what I said is that even if you don't understand how artistic this can be. Her music helps a lot of people including myself. Please don't jump to the conclusion that Billie is glamorizing pain or suicide for attention. She's another human being who chose to portray her feelings through art. Her art is her music. I respect your point of view, and I ask you to respect hers and mine.

:heart:

but.. i get your point, i really do! i just feel like she is living her soft grunge tumblr edgy fantasy, i may be wrong, hopefully i am. but this is why im so skeptical about her art, it reminds me of those tumblr posts where there was blood in bathtubs or self harm scars with glitter and stuff to make people "shocked". maybe im wrong, im not saying im right, i guess i should give it time

misunderstood
5 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

I agree that they could add a helpline number or support similar to TIHTY video.

But people have used this argument to shut down artists forever. There were organizations that severely criticized Princess Die when it came out for offering "no hope" considering Gaga's audience was 19 year olds back then. But I'm very glad we have that song (as someone who dealt with similar thoughts myself).

I agree artists should be a bit more aware of their platform but that shouldn't be an excuse to shut down art that helps people around the world in other ways by giving a voice to unvoiced, unheard feelings.

:applause:

NFRatwell
59 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Let me tell you. Suicide is scary. It is not glamourous. Neither is violence against women. All of her videos disgust me because of all the sanitised violence, even if it is only directed at her. It shows zero consequence. There is no moral to the nonexistent story. Just random shots of weird violent sh*t that looks cool. I have no sympathy for people who make violence look pretty. 

Ma’am you stan Lady Gaga who’s been in not one but TWO seasons of a horror show... we have at least a dozen scenes of her killing people for television/video... why are you here 

Archived