4 hours ago, Loeppke said:

She ranked them when she released them :vegas:

lol jk probably:

1. The Family Jewels

2. FROOT

3. Electra Heart

4. Fear

5. Love

Electra Heart was her best era but a lot of the music is dated now, which is a shame, but any song that tried the dubstep sound in 2012 didn't hold up :messga:

Also Love + Fear would be my third listed if she had included "There's Nothing Wrong With You," "Please Don't Call Me," "The Art of Letting Go," the demos for "Karma" and "You," and basically any other outtake instead of what we actually got :madge:

W8, what songs on Electra Heart are dupstep? :interestinga:

Like I have a certain sound in my head of what dupstep is and in my head I can't hear any EH songs who fit that genre.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Emigrante
3 hours ago, Cello said:

Interested to see a lot of Electra Heart fans. I think that album stands out the most as being so different to the other 3, which have more mellow bops.

I could never get into EH as much as I try :messga: I think the dubstep / EDM puts me off... 

where is dubstep on EH? except title track.

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Emigrante
1 hour ago, lvndrblnd said:

you have taste if you stan tfj

as someone whose really into the whole “solo woman plus one main instrument doing weird pop” thing a la fiona apple, joanna newsom, etc., that album is perfect

I love TFJ. Great great one

Infinity Wave
5 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

It's so underrated. I admit it took me several listens to like it but I love it now and went to one of her shows. 

I also like that she studied psychology for a bit and it inspired this album. It shows what her thought processes were when writing it and adds some more depth to the songs. 

To me, this results in some kind of "fake" wokeness

It's like she wanted to go that deep with the meaning and all, but she actually is not that kind of artist -not because she's not capable of it, just cos it's not her style.

So it all came out as always the same two/three themes and by wanting to keep the album "woke" she didn't chose a heavy production like the one which somewhat made her famous. 

Songs like Emotional Machine, You and others - I don't recall the names but there are quite a few - could've been hits with the right production imo.

It's just not my cup of tea, and that's why I prefere Froot.

Froot > TFJ >> EH >>> L+F

Colourful

ARTPOPe

1. Froot
2. The Family Jewels
3. Electra Heart
4. Love + Fear

Love them all though :music:

Stream The Love Invention

Emigrante
1 minute ago, Infinity Wave said:

It's like she wanted to go that deep with the meaning and all, but she actually is not that kind of artist -not because she's not capable of it, just cos it's not her style.

So it all came out as always the same two/three themes and by wanting to keep the album "woke" she didn't chose a heavy production like the one which somewhat made her famous. 

Songs like Emotional Machine, You and others - I don't recall the names but there are quite a few - could've been hits with the right production imo.

:confused: she's always been spoken about stuff out there. ex. "Savages" from Froot

Infinity Wave
4 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

:confused: she's always been spoken about stuff out there. ex. "Savages" from Froot

Yeah I just don't know how to phrase it better.

Savages is a great song

But bulding a whole album around the "we're all human let's live each other don't build walls build bridges" is just a liiittle bit too much for me. 

A couple of songs, great, we need them

A whole album, it just seems uninspired to me :(

anyway, it's just my opinion, many people here love L+F and I'm happy its message actually gets to many people, I think that was the goal and she got it!

Colourful

At the moment: 

1. The Family Jewels 

2. Love + Fear

3. Electra Heart

4. Froot

I'll always say Froot is my fave album simply because it has Froot, I'm A Ruin, and Blue, but at the moment I'm taking my time discovering other other albums and I really like them! It's SOOO hard trying to come up with an order for these even though there's only 4 options :ladyhaha:

Emigrante
Just now, Infinity Wave said:

Yeah I just don't know how to phrase it better.

Savages is a great song

But bulding a whole album around the "we're all human let's live each other don't build walls build bridges" is just a liiittle bit too much for me. 

A couple of songs, great, we need them

A whole album, it just seems uninspired to me :(

anyway, it's just my opinion, many people here love L+F and I'm happy its message actually gets to many people, I think that was the goal and she got it!

ah I see

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I think she just wanted to be herself rather than play the role of a larger than life popstar and that's why everything about the era was more toned down. I don't think there was anything fake woke about it. She never acted pretentious or pushed her views on others and she stayed down to earth.

I think L+F was the right album to make for a woman in that time period of her life. Gaga released Joanne at a similar age. 

I agree about the production of Emotional Machine but maybe next time she will do something bigger and better. 

Fair enough it's not your cup of tea. I like Froot too and I'd like her to return to making that type of music again. :)

IcePrincess

1. Electra Heart

2. Froot

3. The Family Jewels

99999. Love + Fear

1-3 are masterpieces, especially Froot (own production + nice lyrics + Savages) and EH (era wise, visual etc...).

Don't like Love + Fear.

Archived