đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What would you change about Stupid Love?

boneknuckleskin

Featured Posts

I'd add an actual chorus, or at least make the first one sound like the second one. Her saying the title and then suddenly going silent makes the song sound unfinished. 

I'd change the lyrics on the versus, especially the first one. I don't mind so much a self love song but the lyrics are so hammy and obvious. 

Her vocals when she does the longer "look at me nowwwww" grate me because they sound like her simpsons song...like she's singing children's songs. 

Aside from that, I like the song. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

although i love the way it is...

- proper lyrics

- longer duration but make it less repetitive :poot: 

- change the The Corrs bridge :poot: 

- more powerful chorus

- make the HIGHER! HIIGHEER! part more 'out' there before the chorus

i guess that's it...

GAGA || TAYLOR || BJÖRK || KENDRICK || LANA || NICKI || MADONNA || KANYE || BEYONCÉ || MARIAH || MCR || KATE || RINA || CHARLI || FIONA

adamsenigma

To me the bridge kinda sounds like a place holder. They can keep it BUT after the last "not sorry I want your stupid love" the instrumental should be a build up, kinda like the Heavy Metal Lover one, you know, it's like the instrumental is underwater and then raises up :laughga: but I want it with a LOT of an actual bass and Gaga singing something really melodic over it, to end up with the "higher HIGHER" part, because in the leak it sounds too abrupt imo, so I hope they fix that. 

I honestly don't have a problem with the chorus, it's just a beat drop but it does need more melody, and her "lo oh o h oh" in the chorus need to be polished or something cuz they sound a bit annoying. Other than that, the song is so good, specially the pre-chorus, is so 80s and melodic, it sounds ethereal and I really REALLY hope they don't remove it or change it, just improve it cuz I wish her little "wooos" were a bit louder. Also, I love the intro and outro, they are really radio friendly and it reminds of me those pop songs on the radio back in 2010 when I was 11, very nostalgic, fun and beautiful. 

Overall "Stupid Love" is major bop, an earwom made for the radio, but also a fan favorite gem. I really love it when Gaga sounds happy and sweet in her singing. Reminds me of her "Bad Kids" vocals but obviously improved. I think with Joanne we had a lot of dark, somber vocals that I couldn't really enjoy if I was not in the mood, but with this I feel like it's the perfect mix between Gaga's old and new voices. She's allowing herself to heal in this track, to heal through trust and letting love into her, and it’s beautiful, and tho I agree the lyrics are a bit basic or too-in-the-face, I think they serve their purpose quite clear and are relatable to anyone who's ready to heal from a broken heart. It's a beautiful and fun track but it does need a bit more of work. I hope it makes the final cut. :vegas:

adamsenigma
30 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Has it leaked in full?

It literally leaked in full like 5 days ago where have you been, it even trended worldwide on Twitter. :koons:

dollardays
17 hours ago, dynamite said:

I'd put more words so I can actually sing along to it instead of endless oh oh oh oh oh oh 

And maybe change the "look at me now" part it sounds kind of funny / lazy / Trisha Paytas

Do you mean the long "look at me nooow" before the chorus? That's the verse of ha career :bradley:

Daylight Jokers

Lyrics - It lacks a bit of depth

Chorus - Lacks lyrics and a hook.

Title - The word 'stupid' annoys me. It sounds like a diss a 4th grader would say.

Backup vocals - need to be a little louder. Especially in the chorus.

Still a bop, nonetheless.

I love the song, great single choice.

When I visited my mum I played it for her (she’s a Gaga fan, went to the BTWBall) and her one criticism was that it didn’t have a chorus to sing along to, which I agree with.  It explodes into the chorus and then it isn’t there?  Maybe the final version will have one cause it’s actually jarring building up to the chorus for it to not be there?  Maybe.

FfFfFfFF

I remember how everybody wanted to change something about Shallow the first weeks after it was released (including myself), and how after a while everyone shut up because we got used to the song in its actual form. :poot: I hope it will happen to Stupid Love too, because just like with Shallow I love certain aspects and I want to like the song.

18 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

btw, what is Gaga's worst bridge? 

I'm talking about real bridges (DWUW, Marry The Night etc.), not "oooh"s and "uuuh"s or three words like Aura, HML or Applause

Venus

IdioteSainte

The freak out/get down/freak out/ look at me noooowww transitioning to the pre-chorus (All I ever wanter was love) IS PURE EXCELLENCE IT'S AMAZING. 

I'd like for the chorus itself to be a major pop chorus with lyrics (but i'd keep the "I want your stupid love!" part cause it would still shine as the main thrill of the chorus)

crackpoppodcast

I would love if she went a little harder and attacked those vocals. I feel like she’s scared to belt it out in the song so the phrases end somewhat abruptly throughout. I disagree with everyone who says the bridge is bad though, honestly those “I don’t need a reason” vocals are the most memorable imo. 

Archived