Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Explaining Stupid Love

June

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
58 minutes ago, NoahSuns said:

As @June said, I think it's directed to us.

"Look at me now",  how much she's changed and how many things she has achieved.  All these, only because she wanted to be loved for her music, "i want just to be loved". She wants our stupid love,  the one we get over obsessed with sometimes, her crazy connection with her fans. 

i would battle for you even if I(/we??)  break in two. She would battle for what she has with her fans. I'm not sure that after so many breakups she would be able to say that she's ready to fight for someone's love. She'd only do that for her music, because as she has said, it's not gonna wake up one day amd tell her that it doesn't love her anymore.

BUT that would only make sense if she wrote it around 2012-2013 because she hates us now:vegas::bye:

Perfect Illusion and Million Reasons were directed at us. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GAGAVAGINA said:

I always wonder what went wrong between gaga and bradley

Nothing, because Bradley always wanted to stay with his daughter. Oprah quoted Bradley in an Elle interview that he would not have been able to look into Gaga's eyes at the Oscar if he had felt guilty. None of us knows what Bradley thought of Gaga, but he probably did nothing intentionally.

Also remember that Gaga was experiencing an emotional roller coaster when one day "Jackson" was in love with her and the other day she met only with Bradley.

And they are really good actors. The PR campaign and the awards season were both of them clearly overacted, but we only noticed "the big Hollywood love".

5 hours ago, cetacea said:

Perhaps the pain of fibrolmialgia gets worse when she feels stressed? some chronic pain illnesses work like this. And then love could be a way for her to feel good and literally protect her from pain.

I think she talks about her pain in general, both her physical pain, mental problems, PTSD.

And all she ever wanted was to be loved, so if that love is a stupid love she wants it anyway, because she just wants to be loved (i want your stupid love / i want just to be loved).

I agree with you.

And in that sense I think the music is directed towards the same person that Million reasons was (I always thought it was for the fans, I don't know why), because on the bridge she says she doesn't need a reason, she just wants your stupid love, and that connects us to "You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show" / "I just need one good one to stay". She needed a reason; maybe she found it, maybe not, but the important thing is that she just doesn't need a reason anymore, because the love she receives is all she ever wanted and she believes it is enough to heal her.

I don't think it is about fans, but I don't know MR interpretations.

I think both songs are about a specific person, but I'm not sure that the same person, because years passed between the two songs. It also explains the evolution in her thoughts and feelings: she needed one reason - she doesn't need a reason. Stupid love is not only senseless, but unconditional too.

5 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

I don’t think the song is about her physical pain or her relationship with her fans. She’s singing about the conundrum that love presents: love is intelligent but it also makes us do stupid things. Only the one you love can truly hurt you. It’s almost a break-up song when you think about it. Maybe her past lovers did not battle for her as hard as her fans did?

I think it's not so much a break-up song, it's more of a desperate desire for his love, but the lyric is melancholic. He doesn't love her at all or not loves her enough, even though she would fight (battle) for their love.

Lord Temptation
31 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

I think it's not so much a break-up song, it's more of a desperate desire for love, but the lyric is melancholic. Someone doesn't love her at all or not loves her enough, even though she would fight (battle) for their love.

Sure sis but the way I hear it the song is about Gaga reflecting on her lovers and not just some general song she wrote about love. It feels very personal to me.

15 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Sure sis but the way I hear it the song is about Gaga reflecting on her lovers and not just some general song she wrote about love. It feels very personal to me.

I think it is about a concrete person, whom she loved.

Lord Temptation
7 minutes ago, Gaby15 said:

I think it is about a concrete person, whom she loved.

You and i is about one person (Luc), as is Speechless (her father) and Edge of Glory (her grandfather). So you could be right. 

Archived