Sign in to follow this  
society

China coronavirus outbreak

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Officials in China are racing to contain a deadly new strain of virus that has infected almost 450 people and left almost 20 dead. Over the weekend, the number of cases of the "2019 novel coronavirus" or "2019-nCoV" quadrupled — and U.S. health officials confirmed the first case in the United States on Tuesday, in a man in his 30s who had recently traveled from Wuhan, China, to Seattle. 

On Monday, a Chinese scientist confirmed that there can be human-to-human transmission of the respiratory illness. Officials in Hubei province, where the epicenter city of Wuhan is located, said Wednesday the death toll from the coronavirus had risen to 17.

Several U.S. airports have begun screening passengers from China to prevent the virus from spreading further.

Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-china-virus-what-is-mystery-illness-deaths-toll-us-case-confirmed-today-2020-01-21/

Live tracker of outbreak: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Edited by Morphine Prince
  • Shook 7
  • Sad 3

Vitleysingur

My college is there. :cryga::cryga::cryga:

Thankfully, I was interning in another city since December. 

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.
  • Like 1
  • Shook 3

TheElectricChapel

how does it spread???

FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT LOOK AT ME

Henri Bardot

I remember the swine flu outbreak in Mexico when I was like 6. 

We coudn't go out, airports were almost closed, schools were closed, movie theaters  as well, concerts were cancelled... 

I hope it doesn't come to that

boys don't cry
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

Franch Toast

I read something that a doctor who had the illness believes it could be spread by the virus getting in your eyes, so to wear glasses/goggles and always wash  your hands before touching your eyes. 

Wuhan is under quarantine, but I think it's too late at this point. 

I'm supposed to go to Hong Kong in March. Hope I still can...

LadyLuca

Can someone explain to me why this is so dangerous? is it because human to human through air?

because 450 infected and only 20 dead sounds not that hard for an illnes. im not trying to be respectless I just want to understand what about this is so scary. there has to be a reason im just not able to categorize it now.

will the other 430 die ? is it because doctors cant do anything against it?

i feel ignorant.

I heard it can mutate very fast... (reminded me of the game plague)

Edited by LadyLuca
LG6 is comming in 2020
  • Like 2

eevie
Just now, LadyLuca said:

Can someone explain to me why this is so dangerous? is it because human to humam through air?

because 400 infected and only 20 dead sounds not that hard for an illnes. im not trying to be respectless I just want to understand what about this is so scary. there has to be a reason im just not able to categorize it now.

i feel ignorant.

bc it’s basically lethal and it can spread from human to human. that’s the tweet.

• Like 3

Sam98
Just now, LadyLuca said:

Can someone explain to me why this is so dangerous? is it because human to humam through air?

because 400 infected and only 20 dead sounds not that hard for an illnes. im not trying to be respectless I just want to understand what about this is so scary. there has to be a reason im just not able to categorize it now.

i feel ignorant.

It's because we have still nothing to battle it. We know very little it can get worse any hour now

Officially in full STUPID LOVE mood
  • Like 1

Morphine Prince
11 minutes ago, TheElectricChapel said:

how does it spread???

When it comes to human-to-human transmission of the viruses, often it happens when someone comes into contact with an infected person's secretions, such as droplets in a cough.

Depending on how virulent the virus is, a cough, sneeze or handshake could cause exposure. The virus can also be transmitted by touching something an infected person has touched and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes. Caregivers can sometimes be exposed by handling a patient's waste, according to the CDC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Henri Bardot
7 minutes ago, LadyLuca said:

Can someone explain to me why this is so dangerous? is it because human to human through air?

because 450 infected and only 20 dead sounds not that hard for an illnes. im not trying to be respectless I just want to understand what about this is so scary. there has to be a reason im just not able to categorize it now.

will the other 430 die ? is it because doctors cant do anything against it?

i feel ignorant.

Because if there are lets say, 450 REPORTED cases, maybe there are x100 more actual infected all over the world already and maybe the number is increasing more and more every second without us knowing.

It's been only days since the outbreak was detected, deaths have been reported, but maybe other people died that we don't know about.

It really depends on the virus, and if it mutates, it might be even worse

Who knows, maybe there are already 1 million people sick without symptoms 

Edited by Henri Bardot
boys don't cry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

LetterLToTheG
36 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

it really reminds me of Contagion

Felt like cancelling all my bookings across sea because of this movie but..you know money.

At this time of the film gurl

But I trust all because you know bookings lol

Edited by LetterLToTheG
👽
  • Like 1

Defmix100
3 minutes ago, LetterLToTheG said:

Felt like cancelling all my bookings across sea because of this movie but..you know money.

At this time of the film gurl

it's scary but the scarier thing is how you can't stop anyone else from bringing it over. So it doesn't matter if you stay put, it can still spread to you

TheElectricChapel
12 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

When it comes to human-to-human transmission of the viruses, often it happens when someone comes into contact with an infected person's secretions, such as droplets in a cough.

Depending on how virulent the virus is, a cough, sneeze or handshake could cause exposure. The virus can also be transmitted by touching something an infected person has touched and then touching your mouth, nose or eyes. Caregivers can sometimes be exposed by handling a patient's waste, according to the CDC.

Thank you so much!!!

FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT LOOK AT ME
  • Love 1