Stupid Love
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Tulsi Sues Hillary For Defamation

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Tulsi Gabbard filed a defamation lawsuit Wednesday against Hillary Clinton seeking $50 million in damages, claiming the former Democratic presidential nominee "carelessly and recklessly impugned" her reputation when she suggested in October that one of the 2020 Democratic candidates is "the favorite of the Russians."

The lawsuit, filed in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, says it aims to hold Clinton and other "political elites" accountable for "distorting the truth in the middle of a critical Presidential election." It also says Gabbard suffered an eco

According to the suit, Clinton felt slighted because Gabbard was one of the first Democrats to publicly endorse Sen. Bernie Sanders for president in 2016 over her, "becoming the most prominent politician to do so at the time."

Full article at Source: 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1120176#click=https://t.co/DjDEzsfcAJ

Another day, another mess in the Blue camp :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ Buy ♥ And ♥ Stream ♥ STUPID ♥ LOVE ♥
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 5
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1

Nikolai Barrow

Hold her accountable Tulsi! Hillary has just been going round shooting her mouth off about things and it's time she stops her press tour of bitterness. She talks about how Bernie hurt the party but it's really her. 

• Love 4
  • Thanks 2

Faysalaaa

According to the law, Tulsi (whos a veteran) should be executed. So this is a serious accusation made by someone as powerful and influential as Clinton. Hilary blames Fake News for losing, yet shes doing the same thing against other veterans and candidates.

Edited by Faysalaaa
  • Thanks 1

Ladey Gaygay

Periodt the f.uck 

𝖎 𝖘𝖑𝖊𝖊𝖕 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖌𝖚𝖞𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖋𝖚𝖓 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖉𝖗𝖚𝖌𝖘

bloom

Tulsi Gabbard is basically a Republican pundit on Fox News. She has less than 1% support in the election that she should have already dropped out of. And Hillary was right. Also Tulsi's case holds no water and will be dismissed in any event. She's just doing it for attention. 

• LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

fatrat

Adopting aggrieved Republican victimhood tactics ain't it, gal. Hillary isn't exactly a stellar individual, but Tulsi's just insane.

Florin

So how does Tulsi proves that she was wrong? Hillary didnt accuse her of anything. 

Faysalaaa
14 minutes ago, Florin said:

So how does Tulsi proves that she was wrong? Hillary didnt accuse her of anything. 

I dont think you understand how the law works, its not on Tulsi to prove shes not a Russian asset, its on Hilary to prove that she is.

• Like 1

PoshLife

This will be tossed out for two reasons:

1. Hillary never accused Tulsi of working with Russia. She suggested that a candidate was being used as an asset by foreign influencers. She never named anyone or established a relationship. Words matter - what they mean, and what they don’t. 

2. If it’s not dismissed for that reason, it will be dismissed because Hillary’s lawyers will come to discovery with all of the research that shows Russian twitter bots have been boosting Tulsi’s campaign. It’s not defamation if it’s true.

But by all means, keep Hillary in the news especially as her Hulu documentary is released. I want it to make a big splash. 

Edited by PoshLife
creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 1

PoshLife
8 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

I dont think you understand how the law works, its not on Tulsi to prove shes not a Russian asset, its on Hilary to prove that she is.

No! That is exactly incorrect. In this case, Hillary is the defendant. In a defamation lawsuit the plaintiff must prove two things:

1. That the statement made by the defendant is not true

2. That the statement made by the defendant caused substantial harm to the plaintiff. 

This is why defamation lawsuits are rarely successful (and, in fact, why President Trump has called for reforming our libel laws to make it easier for people to sue the media). 

Primer here: https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/defamation-law-the-basics.html

Edited by PoshLife
creek creek butter cartman yaoi kyle creek creek
  • Like 3

Florin
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

I dont think you know what Hillary said. She said that the Russians are supporting her and promote her because Tulsi is their favorite, not that she is an agent or something.

And then talked about Stein being the "asset", mentioning that Russia helped her, which is a thing found in the Mueller report. 

Morphine Prince

Hillary spoke facts and this lawsuit will go nowhere. What Tulsi needs to do is drop out of the race. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Faysalaaa
6 minutes ago, PoshLife said:

No! That is exactly incorrect. In this case, Hillary is the defendant. In a defamation lawsuit the plaintiff must prove two things:

1. That the statement made by the defendant is not true

2. That the statement made by the defendant caused substantial harm to the plaintiff. 

This is why defamation lawsuits are rarely successful (and, in fact, why President Trump has called for reforming our libel laws to make it easier for people to sue the media). 

Primer here: https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and-personal-injuries/defamation-law-the-basics.html

So if someone accuses me of being a pedophile, and I sue for defamation, how can I prove to the judge I am not a pedophile? I cant do that! all I can do is tell the judge the person accused me has no evidence.

Arturo

If she wins will she donate the money? Why does a politician need to sue for $50 million? Embarrassing. At this point I want to hear both the names Hillary Clinton and Tulsi Gabbard way less in 2020. Both have exhibited clown like behavior.

• Like 4