💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

I AM THEATRE

Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?   

408 members have voted

1. 1. Did "Stupid Love" disappoint you, or not?

• Yes, it did. I expected more from Gaga.
    • No, it didn't. I would be so happy if it was the lead single of LG6.

Featured Posts

DpHitch1992

Such a great instrumental and Gagas raw vocals mixed with it works really well. Feeling really gratefull right now, Gaga...you did it again! 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
Just now, I AM THEATRE said:

It's pop, darling. But it's not the same pop of Just Dance, Poker Face or Paparazzi.  Not even a bit. And I wanted something more like that.

Well darling,  as any real monster should know, Gaga never goes back to the same thing twice :hor:

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

I AM THEATRE
6 minutes ago, Red said:

Bitch and use Gaga as an scapegoat for all of the frustrations of their personal lives, I suppose

Haha, really? Just because I don't like the song? Gaga released masterpieces in the past, and I think 'Stupid Love' is not even comparable to one of those. It's my point of view. Period. :ohwell:

Sugar Baby

Honestly it sounds very generic and like a step back in her career and something that may have worked in 2009 but not now but then again it’s pretty obvious it’s just a Demo so the final version may change a lot 

I AM THEATRE
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Well darling,  as any real monster should know, Gaga never goes back to the same thing twice :hor:

So, did mixing old songs in a trash way in order to create something "new" not seem going bak to the same thing twice, for you? :reductive:  Cause it's really what "Stupid Love" is.

I think you should revaluate your point.

Sepsami

I think some of us don't have realistic expectations and are expecting Gaga to reinvent music, this song has everything we've been begging for: killer vocals, dance, pop & disco all fused into one. Y'all should be grateful she delivered another actual pop song.

Sepsami
38 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

haven't listened to it yet and won't until released officially 

Whew I could never, massive respect for u tho :diane:

Reality
3 minutes ago, I AM THEATRE said:

So, did mixing old songs in a trash way in order to create something "new" not seem going bak to the same thing twice, for you? :reductive:  Cause it's really what "Stupid Love" is.

I think you should revaluate your point.

And what old songs is she mixing to create Stupid Love? Is it because it's supposedly  a BTW reject? That's not confirmed. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

I AM THEATRE
Just now, M Monstre said:

And what old songs is she mixing to create Stupid Love? Is it because it's supposedly  a BTW reject? That's not confirmed. 

I already said it. It reminds me of BTW+Do What U Want or something. It's nothing new of Gaga.

Reality
Just now, I AM THEATRE said:

I already said it. It reminds me of BTW+Do What U Want or something. It's nothing new of Gaga.

The closest thing this song comes to that relates to BTW is FOHL. Even then, there are stark differences. As for DWUW, honestly, I don't really hear it, like at all.

This sounds like an 80s disco/dance pop song with a modern Gaga twist. 

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Judas Society
42 minutes ago, DiamondAngel said:

I mean yeah it did, but then I remind myself there’s a whole album of bangers coming and I get excited again! 

honestly, applause threw me through a loop and I didn’t know what to think of it, and I didn’t like PI really until about 2 years after it was released. Since BTW, Shallow is her only lead that’s really hit me the way I wanted it to. But she always delivers great albums! 

47 minutes ago, I AM THEATRE said:

Guys, I am personally so disappointed about this song. I knew we all should be happy as f***k because we finally got new music from her, but IT'S NOT THE MUSIC THAT I WANTED. I wanted Gaga to sing/compose something more original or unique like her previous works :messga::messga:. I think "Stupid Love" is a basic song that we could literally expect by every singer involved in pop music industry. Moreover, it gives me anything new of Gaga. It's like a mixture of Born This Way + Do What U Want + other elements that reminds me of something I already listened from her before. :bradley::bradley:

And honestly, Applause was like the odd one out from all the songs on ARTPOP. Not to mention, so was PI!

So, I'd say hold on to your thoughts until we get that album. Plus, we don't even know if this will be the lead at all. I know it was programmed on to her site so it's most likely the planned lead. But after all the leak, I'm not so sure anymore.

So just leave your wig on if SL is not blowing it off yet. Other songs from LG6 might. :ohwell:

letsgetdirrty

Issa bop perry@

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

Archived