Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Babylon: Who thought THIS too?

Judas Society

Featured Posts

Judas Society

So, this is for the old gays.

when we got to know one of the tracks on LG6 could be Babylon, who thought about Babylon the gay club in the Queer As Folk series (USA version)? 

With SL, based on what those who heard says that it's a disco club banger, is Gaga finally going back to her true calling as the Queen of the Gays? :staymad:

not Chromatica

DON'T. I've suppressed every memory of the show & I'm still in denial about the fact that it ended and is indeed not going on forever.

And whenever I think of Babylon the last scene pops up in my mind, the Proud remix starts playing and I get the sinking feeling in my chest.

Blown Away

I didn't think about that, but that would be a cool concept actually. It probably won't be though. 

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

Babylon is also an ancient kingdom and city in what is now modern day Iraq. It was super advanced for its time. I prefer that theme over the album being named in honor of a gay club tbh :sis: 

It reminded me of By The Rivers of Babylon

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

2 minutes ago, dit said:

Babylon is also an ancient kingdom and city in what is now modern day Iraq. It was super advanced for its time. I prefer that theme over the album being named in honor of a gay club tbh :sis: 

And also it has a whole meaning for Jews and Christians 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

RAMROD

Babylon will be gospel banger like what Boney M did year ago.

So, yes. Queen of The Gods and The Gays is back 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

4 minutes ago, dit said:

That was the second thing I thought of after the Babylon club from Scarface. :enigma: Embarrassing. 

Judas Society
11 minutes ago, highlyreductive said:

DON'T. I've suppressed every memory of the show & I'm still in denial about the fact that it ended and is indeed not going on forever.

And whenever I think of Babylon the last scene pops up in my mind, the Proud remix starts playing and I get the sinking feeling in my chest.

Ugh, I know. There still hasn't any series that could top it. :bradley:

Judas Society
9 minutes ago, dit said:

Chill sis, just a light hearted question. I never once thought Gaga would name a song or an album in honor of a fictional gay club. :laughga:

not Chromatica
2 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

Ugh, I know. There still hasn't any series that could top it. :bradley:

And that's good. It really is a cultural milestone of its own.

12 minutes ago, Red said:

And also it has a whole meaning for Jews and Christians 

exactly. Babylon in Iraq is mentioned in both the Bible and Torah and it is also important to Muslims since it is connected to the story of Nimrod & Abraham who are both mentioned in the Quran. In general it could serve for an interesting theme. Perhaps of world unity, love and peace after destruction? a "New Babylon" that learned from its past mistakes? idk lol I'm bored I guess

----

@Judas Society I know sis don't worry! I was not meaning it in some "clapback" kind of way or anything lol! Just wanted to share another plausible theme! :hug: 

illySpencer

It's really too much and over the top. And it's clearly weird. I want an iconic album name, something that she'll create form her mind, not stolen from an ancient civilisation.  

darkchylde
40 minutes ago, dit said:

both concepts are not antonyms. quite the opposite, it'd be cool to see a picture in which she compares an advance, god-defiant kingdom to a gay nightclub

2 minutes ago, darkchylde said:

both concepts are not antonyms. quite the opposite, it'd be cool to see a picture in which she compares an advance, god-defiant kingdom to a gay nightclub

yeah i bet she could cross those themes together actually. Good idea 

Archived