Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I just heard “Stupid Love”

ItsAnthonyz

Featured Posts

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Inferno said:

How on earth could you possibly hear rol in this. Some people are always just reaching for a Madonna track to compare her to 

I heard a bit of Express Yourself in the early demos but not this one. And I'm not a madonna fan at all. I hardly even know Madonna songs and I know Express Yourself because of Born This Way.

The bridge sounds a bit like it could mash up with Express Yourself (much less than BTW tho).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
coolninjaguy

just heard it in full on twitter but idk how to feel about this. It's not necessarily bad but very risky for a lead. It sounds like one of those tracks that dj's release for rave's or like a remix of a song. 

coolninjaguy
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

I heard a bit of Express Yourself in the early demos but not this one. And I'm not a madonna fan at all. I hardly even know Madonna songs and I know Express Yourself because of Born This Way.

The bridge sounds a bit like it could mash up with Express Yourself (much less than BTW tho).

the beat does sound very rol tbh

derpmonster
Just now, coolninjaguy said:

just heard it in full on twitter but idk how to feel about this. It's not necessarily bad but very risky for a lead. It sounds like one of those tracks that dj's release for rave's or like a remix of a song. 

It does sound like a remix yup. Like I can't imagine an actual song beginning that abruptly. But who knows? Maybe there are multiple versions. The version we heard is almost a year old if we believe the filename.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

woah.... it's actually quite good. awesome production. it does give me M vibes but i cannot complain since i... well... am an M stan.

do wish it had an actual chorus though instead of one of those 'drops'.

Daylight Jokers
3 minutes ago, Hades said:

Does anyone else get Whitney's I wanna dance with somebody teas or is it just me? Really feel-good anthem.:lolly:

It reminds me more of 'How Will I Know' for some reason.

Inferno
6 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

All you're hearing is general 80s pop aesthetics though. Express yourself sonically was always generic af imo

4 minutes ago, Inferno said:

Some people are always just reaching for a Madonna track to compare her to 

Welp, I'm not one of them. :ph34r:

It just remembered me of one of my favorite songs which happens to be that electronic/dance/techno and disco-inspired song with big vocals, "Ray Of Light" sung by Madonna. In fact, is a good thing since it was something I wanted back in 2017. so...

underneath the pine

Inferno
Just now, Lumi said:

Welp, I'm not one of them. :ph34r:

It just remembered me of one of my favorite songs which happens to be that electronic/dance/techno and disco-inspired song with big vocals, "Ray Of Light" sung by Madonna. In fact, is a good thing since it was something I wanted back in 2017. so...

They literally sound nothing alike. If some general genre comparison is all that's tying one to the other for you then so be it but nothing about the production or melody is even remotely similar.

1 minute ago, Inferno said:

They literally sound nothing alike. If some general genre comparison is all that's tying one to the other for you then so be it but nothing about the production or melody is even remotely similar.

Well I did say I got ROL teas, not that it sounded alike so...

26gswnUqqtYCSre24.gif

underneath the pine

Inferno
Just now, Lumi said:

Well I did say I got ROL teas, not that it sounded alike so...

26gswnUqqtYCSre24.gif

Limited range of refs teas 

WORLDofGAGA

I nervous to hear what the song sounds like, majority seem to like it but the few that don’t get me worried :ohno:

@W0RLDofGAGA

56 minutes ago, Hades said:

Does anyone else get Whitney's I wanna dance with somebody teas or is it just me? Really feel-good anthem.:lolly:

I also found her vocals reminiscent of Whitney somehow, and this song is proof that Gaga’s voice is improving so much. She’s always been stellar but c’mon, this is living legend status material right here

misunderstood
1 hour ago, Hades said:

I got Whitney vibes too

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived