💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele Reportedly Lost 100 Pounds

Economy

Featured Posts

Lady Rah Rah

So happy for her :heart: I lost 45lbs myself last year, which has dramatically changed my life in the sense that I am finally semi self-confident for the first time in my life, wear clothes I've always wanted to wear but felt too insecure to wear before and no longer feel so exhausted and stressed everyday. 

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Economy
50 minutes ago, kyanewest said:

Is it dangerous to lose as much in a short period of time?

In a short period yes but she'd been loosing weight for at least 3 years. Say 30 something pounds a year is more than fine

With Adele in such great shape rn I’m expecting nothing less than full intense choreography this era. music video dancing GIF by Lady Gaga

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

I lost 100 pounds in a year.  If you are doing it by working out at a healthy pace and eating right then it isn't.  If you are starving yourself or doing something else drastic then yes it can be.

she/her/hers

insight
Just now, kyanewest said:

How do you know she lost that weight in a short amount of time?

FATCAT
1 hour ago, kyanewest said:

It depends on the weight lost & the weight of the individual. If you have a lot of excess weight then it can be okay, but if you're not way overweight, it can be dangerous.

Purr more, hiss less.

Economy
1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

It depends on the weight lost & the weight of the individual. If you have a lot of excess weight then it can be okay, but if you're not way overweight, it can be dangerous.

The pace matters too tho

Even someone 600 pounds cannot lose above a certain pace in a healthy way

No matter how heavy u are, 3500 calorie deficit is how much you need for every pound of fat lost (water weight and muscle loss can cause slight fluctuations on total weight loss but purely speaking fat)

A caloric deficit of more than 400 to 600 calories per day (roughly a pound of fat a week or 4-5 pounds of fat a month) for a prolonged period of time is not recommended

If you are taking in adequate nutrition (it's not just about calories it's also your vitamins, minerals and amino acids) and you manage to be in a higher caloric deficit than 500 or 600 calories a day purely because of high activity and you get plenty of sleep/rest then for some individuals a bit higher deficit than 600 might be ok

The exact thresholds that are safe depends on the Individual and different factors but generally speaking a good rule of thumb is that weight loss of more than 1-2 pounds a week is not safe no matter how much extra weight you got.

The first few weeks you may loose more again because of water retention fluctuations but averaging it out over a longer period of time, if you are loosing more than 8 pounds maybe 10 at the very most a month you may be doing it too agressively

It may sound slow... But even if you loose just 1 pound a week that's still over 50 pounds in a year! 2 pounds a week (the very upper limit of what I'd say is safe depending on the individual) would take you to 100 pounds in a year!

RAMROD

I don't understand why does people make a big fuss over this?!

She have not seen publicly since her last tour finished, which was in mid 2017. So she got about 2.5 years not being under the microscope, she got time to lose weight. And who's to say she is not doing it healthily?!! 2.5 years is enough time to lose weight in her own pace. 

Besides, it is quite disgusting to put her in this 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' over this, that is her body, she can choose whatever she wants with it. It doesn't need to be a headline with lots of speculation. Like, just simply be happy for her. Honestly. :flower:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

freebit

Hmm, I'm a bit concerned about her after that interview with her former trainer (and I sincerely hope she's a former trainer for a reason). I  hope she's ok and not on some awful starvation diet and impossible exercise regimen. 

3 hours ago, reidorox said:

With Adele in such great shape rn I’m expecting nothing less than full intense choreography this era. music video dancing GIF by Lady Gaga

She was in pain just sitting in a chair talking to Oprah, I wouldn't expect all that much in regards to intense choreography. 

gagzus

I’m so british I thought this was gonna be an article saying she lost £100 in cash or something on a night out :messga:

but what’s this in stone? 

Economy
4 hours ago, reidorox said:

Don't count on it :laughga:

fyi 100 British pounds is $130.

idk I guess we can donate her this money? GoFundMe?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived